Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

It's time to give the people what they want James!

I mean, I am a man of the people, even when I don't always agree with the people. :alien:

after my trades, my set plus a md4 wedge and a pm 19 wedge only cost me $100 in shipping. and callaway shipped it super fast. the process was crazy easy. just waiting on credit for my trades, which i understand is a little backlogged.

My trades from 3 weeks ago should be processed next week it sounds like, just to gauge it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My trades from 3 weeks ago should be processed next week it sounds like, just to gauge it for you.

Yep the rep said 4-6 weeks since it's been crazy with trade-ins. Sounds about right.

Happy with the process. I've never done the trade in + bonus with Callaway.

Man I gotta quit reading this thread!!!!
Are any of you gaming pre CF16 Apex pros? (got mine in early 2015)
These are what I have now and besides some major dings (7i and W) I love the clubs BUT more distance and or forgiveness is welcome to everyone.
Just wonder if any of you have gamed both and can give me you're thoughts!
thanks!!

For me, the apex pro ‘19 are everything I had hoped the previous versions would be. The new pro look feel and perform so much better for me. The turf interaction is better. The feel at impact is better. The toe side gear affect is better in terms of forgiveness and playability.

For those of you have have familiarity with the Catalyst 100 shaft, would you say it plays more like Recoil or Steelfiber? I like the Recoil, but I love the Steelfiber i110.

For those of you have have familiarity with the Catalyst 100 shaft, would you say it plays more like Recoil or Steelfiber? I like the Recoil, but I love the Steelfiber i110.

my bias opinion is in terms of softest to firmest it goes Recoil - Catalyst - SF. In terms of feel during the swing, i would say SF is lack of feel while catalyst provides the most amount of feel at impact and through the swing. recoil in same flex and weight will feel softer and looser than catalyst IMO. If you want a more stout feeling i would go recoil proto over catalyst and standard recoil. that's just my experience. My ss for reference is 99 with driver.

Last question (I think) before I likely go order these.....

For anyone who switched from CF16’s to these, are you having any gapping issues between PW (or AW) and your sand/lob wedges. I know the 19’s are stronger lofts and apparently a little longer, so did any of you have to redo your wedge setup.

my bias opinion is in terms of softest to firmest it goes Recoil - Catalyst - SF. In terms of feel during the swing, i would say SF is lack of feel while catalyst provides the most amount of feel at impact and through the swing. recoil in same flex and weight will feel softer and looser than catalyst IMO. If you want a more stout feeling i would go recoil proto over catalyst and standard recoil. that's just my experience. My ss for reference is 99 with driver.

Any experience with the Recoil Prototype? I love the Proto, but wasn't a fan of the regular Recoil.

Yep the rep said 4-6 weeks since it's been crazy with trade-ins. Sounds about right.

Happy with the process. I've never done the trade in + bonus with Callaway.

4-6 weeks to process a trade...woof

Any experience with the Recoil Prototype? I love the Proto, but wasn't a fan of the regular Recoil.

Not too much because my tempo didn't really allow me to load the shaft to make it work for me.

The demand is THRU the ROOF for the new products!! :D

Do they hit your card for the purchase amount first in those cases (dont think ive traded in to CPO)? If so guys waiting on credits going to get hit with CC interest charges (unless they are the small % of americans that pay off entire balance early, in which case you would get a credit then).

Indeed, but, worth it depending on outlook!

yeah on the plus side people got the new sticks in the mean time!

Do they hit your card for the purchase amount first in those cases (dont think ive traded in to CPO)? If so guys waiting on credits going to get hit with CC interest charges (unless they are the small % of americans that pay off entire balance early, in which case you would get a credit then).
They do charge the full price of your purchase(s) first. The trade in credit goes back on your CC 4-6 weeks. Typically it's quicker they say but they're backlogged with the amount of trade-ins.

Thankfully I'm still in an Interest free period with this CC and the balance will be paid before the promo ends! Haha.

Last question (I think) before I likely go order these.....

For anyone who switched from CF16’s to these, are you having any gapping issues between PW (or AW) and your sand/lob wedges. I know the 19’s are stronger lofts and apparently a little longer, so did any of you have to redo your wedge setup.

I had the CF16s then the Rogue Pros both were 1° Strong for proper gapping, with the Apex ‘19s we left the lofts at standard to keep the same gapping.

Our swing speeds are very similar. I think I am at about 102 with driver. This is very helpful. Thank you.

You and I will disagree slightly as I think Recoils provide the most feel while not playing too soft IMO, but we definitely agree that SF have the least amount of feel. Performance wise they're solid shafts but I definitely prefer the Recoil to SF and Catalyst....SF bringing up the rear. LoL

You and I will disagree slightly as I think Recoils provide the most feel while not playing too soft IMO, but we definitely agree that SF have the least amount of feel. Performance wise they're solid shafts but I definitely prefer the Recoil to SF and Catalyst....SF bringing up the rear. LoL

You talking 125 110 or 95 recoil?

You talking 125 110 or 95 recoil?

125 F4 are my preference but the 110 is solid as well.. You gotta problem with that, big man? I didn't think so.
90da01754a891e8b8c25f4726ec2a288.gif

125 F4 are my preference but the 110 is solid as well.. You gotta problem with that, big man? I didn't think so.
90da01754a891e8b8c25f4726ec2a288.gif

this guy right here.....:laughing::laughing:

Took some swings with the Pro today. Had I not just bought different irons, could easily see them going right into my bag. Great looks and longer distance than I would have guessed. These should be a huge hit for Callaway

Took some swings with the Pro today. Had I not just bought different irons, could easily see them going right into my bag. Great looks and longer distance than I would have guessed. These should be a huge hit for Callaway
Today's session pretty much confirmed that I'll be leaning toward the Pro set and not a combo set like originally planned. That having been said, I need to hit both and prove they can unseat my 919Fs. I will say, the Elevate is a very high launcher for me.

Today's session pretty much confirmed that I'll be leaning toward the Pro set and not a combo set like originally planned. That having been said, I need to hit both and prove they can unseat my 919Fs. I will say, the Elevate is a very high launcher for me.

Yeah they go high, it’s a really nice shaft. I loved the looks and feel on well struck s***s with the 919F, but for me, these (and even the pros that I tried) are so much easier to hit. Wish I knew why

Everything is a high launcher for you, haha.

Back