Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

I am hopeful that I get mine this week, but I am thinking next week is more realistic. Which is not soon enough!

Yeah, really I just hope for mine to ship this week.

Another weekend of no golf...too cold. I did go to the garage half dozen times to look at my clubs. Anyone else do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep my clubs in my office and the are so many times when I'm working from home that I'll just get up and grab an iron out of the bag to check out.

I need spring to get here.

I keep my clubs in my office and the are so many times when I'm working from home that I'll just get up and grab an iron out of the bag to check out.

I need spring to get here.
I have certainly been guilty of fondling an iron or two lol.
So freaking nice!
8d145dea3a9682e0fd6b23cc03dedbf3.jpg

Love these irons and I am just about over wishing I had gotten all Pros, hit the standard 7 iron today on a Par 3 playing 160 to the flag into the wind over a pond and hit the highest prettiest draw ever.

Now I flew the green by 10 ft but it was just so sweet to watch, flew greens all morning with these but I rather be long than short. Adjusting to longer is easy...

I have certainly been guilty of fondling an iron or two lol.
So freaking nice!
8d145dea3a9682e0fd6b23cc03dedbf3.jpg

They have certainly made some nice looking irons lately.

Apex Pro '19 7 Iron on GC-2:

Ball Speed - 126.1 mph
Launch - 17.8*
Backspin - 4275 rpm
Descent Angle - 47*
Peak Height - 107 ft
Carry - 190 Yards

I can't decide is this is more "BOOM!" or more "Oh Crap!"

Ball Speed - 126.1 mph
Launch - 17.8*
Backspin - 4275 rpm
Descent Angle - 47*
Peak Height - 107 ft
Carry - 190 Yards

#Beastmode

Ball Speed - 126.1 mph
Launch - 17.8*
Backspin - 4275 rpm
Descent Angle - 47*
Peak Height - 107 ft
Carry - 190 Yards

damn dude thats STRONG

Geez that's a hell of a 7i!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ball Speed - 126.1 mph
Launch - 17.8*
Backspin - 4275 rpm
Descent Angle - 47*
Peak Height - 107 ft
Carry - 190 Yards

whoa. freaking WHOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The rain in Nashville has put a damper on getting these out for their maiden voyage...

Ball Speed - 126.1 mph
Launch - 17.8*
Backspin - 4275 rpm
Descent Angle - 47*
Peak Height - 107 ft
Carry - 190 Yards

When I got fit and seeing my numbers with an upgraded shaft my thoughts were damn that’s a great shot over and over. To dammit now comes the cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ball Speed - 126.1 mph
Launch - 17.8*
Backspin - 4275 rpm
Descent Angle - 47*
Peak Height - 107 ft
Carry - 190 Yards

Maybe a touch thin? *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ball Speed - 126.1 mph
Launch - 17.8*
Backspin - 4275 rpm
Descent Angle - 47*
Peak Height - 107 ft
Carry - 190 Yards

Man, that works at that descent. Nice!

Curtis has me curious to hit these more than I was.

I remember at the ECPC I was hitting the 16 7i 186, so if these are longer, good grief.

Of course, I went combo set so the loft on the 7 will be adjusted.

Man, that works at that descent. Nice!
I think it does, but man that spin number is lower than I like to see. Our winter greens are so soft that spin is irrelevant on approach shots so it remains to be seen if I'll have any stopping power issues later in the year.
I had no issues at The Hideaway but those greens were very receptive too.

I'm going to consult with the Callaway Master Fitter at my Club and see if he thinks bending them a little weaker may be good for me or if I'm just overthinking it.

I think it does, but man that spin number is lower than I like to see. Our winter greens are so soft that spin is irrelevant on approach shots so it remains to be seen if I'll have any stopping power issues later in the year.
I had no issues at The Hideaway but those greens were very receptive too.

I'm going to consult with the Callaway Master Fitter at my Club and see if he thinks bending them a little weaker may be good for me or if I'm just overthinking it.

I totally agree on the number, very similar to what I saw on my 16s and part of why I moved away, but I’m also a Lowe ball hitter

I wish I hadn't gone down the Callaway trade in process. It almost makes these affordable.

I wish I hadn't gone down the Callaway trade in process. It almost makes these affordable.

It’s silly how affordable these become with bonus trade in numbers. Well at least for 5-PW

It’s silly how affordable these become with bonus trade in numbers. Well at least for 5-PW

Yeah, because they were a firm no for me before the bonus. Haha

The "bonus" for me wasn't worth it. So I kept my old XRs might sell them to a friend for around the same they quoted me.

The "bonus" for me wasn't worth it. So I kept my old XRs might sell them to a friend for around the same they quoted me.

yeah I'm thinking I might just go for the driver, and then add some ping irons.

yeah I'm thinking I might just go for the driver, and then add some ping irons.
These Apex irons are special. If I was forced to choose between the Epic Flash - which I definitely like - and the irons, it would definitely be the irons.

Last edited:
These Apex irons are special. If I was forced to choose between the Epic Flash - which I definitely like - it would definitely be the irons.

yeah but take the combo in to account. 1500 ish to spend....can get irons and driver, or irons. Plus I'm cool with keeping CF16 as a backup. Getting that same set makeup in this would be around $1800

How long are custom orders taking?

Back