Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

If comparing the Apex 19 irons to last year's Rogue X irons, would you all say the Apex is more geared to the mid to low handicapper versus the Rogue X that was geared to the mid to high handicapper? Or no?

If comparing the Apex 19 irons to last year's Rogue X irons, would you all say the Apex is more geared to the mid to low handicapper versus the Rogue X that was geared to the mid to high handicapper? Or no?
Yes, they are geared toward different players. The X is more like this releases' Bertha, though I prefer the Bertha between those two.

DNevs said in terms of design and thinking about s player type the “target” is a 9 handicap , though this is a club that can be played by a wide range of golfers. It’s a much smaller head than the Rogue X. Rogue Pro is probably the closest comparison.

other than the scripting in the cavity, are they really that different? xander proto on top, 19 pro on bottom.

1ddaac7fca5897c9475eb97f988c1fe3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was just going to go find some comparison pictures, thanks for doing that.

They are basically the same with the exception of the chrome finish and a little badging. I also liked the raw look of Xander's irons but the site is what I was really in love with and it's pretty much the exact same. These are stunners in person.

Man these things sure are purdy

Any differences in turf interaction between the two? Did the fitters point anything out regarding that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any differences in turf interaction between the two? Did the fitters point anything out regarding that?

I can't say I noticed any difference at all. They were both quite easy to hit, the only real difference for me was just looking down at a little different sized head.

These look like a refreshed 2014 apex head. Very nice looking! Super ponder mode activated :) thanks for the write ups guys and gals!

I was deadset on the 585s as my next set of irons, but these will definitely get a shot too. No doubt will be fun to put them head-to-head.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm still disappointed in the fact that they don't look nearly as sexy as the Xander protos. I'm content with my 2016 Apex Pros, so I'm not in the market anyhow.

These look like a refreshed 2014 apex head. Very nice looking! Super ponder mode activated :) thanks for the write ups guys and gals!

When players are testing protos badging snd finish is last thing we’ll see. As others have said it’s the same iron, just finished and dressed up for prime time.

Lucky for you what you have is working.

They’re very pretty, but, I wish the Pro’s weren’t polished. That’s a personal preference though fo sho.

Also- that stock headcover is straight fire

Looking forward to hitting the pros just wish the finish was at least satin. Maybe a black version coming out later. Looks good otherwise and glad to see their return.

They’re very pretty, but, I wish the Pro’s weren’t polished. That’s a personal preference though fo sho.
My thoughts exactly sir. I was dead set on the p790s but wanted to see these first. After seeing them, I still am leaning more torwarsa the p790s

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

agreed. i much prefer the satin look. all other design aspects of the pros look phenomenal to me, though. as do the forged for that matter. can’t wait to test these.

agreed. i much prefer the satin look. all other design aspects of the pros look phenomenal to me, though. as do the forged for that matter. can’t wait to test these.

And that’s why you are going combo! Gotta have the satin.

Man, the GD guys and Freddie are just killing it.

Finally caught up. Anyone not taking the time to read every post, with any sort of interest in these, are missing out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Anyone on team thp or that has hit the pro... any comparisons strictly as an ease of hitting/ forgiveness level compared to 718 AP2? Know these are a different beast, but I’m thinking of a combo set and just want to see where these fall. Had no issues hitting the ap2 in 6-w.

I think when you get into players irons like the AP2, 785s, Apex Pro and like irons there are small nuances that separate them. I think if you are able to consistently hit the ball on the screws and posses the swing speed to make the long irons productive, then the pros compare nicely to other irons in that class.

I think the long irons are easier to hit than the AP2 and 785s. But this could boil down to the shaft combo Callaway put together. I’m not sure with exact same setup in each player iron if most could tell the difference from one iron to the next. For me it always comes down to the long irons that will separate a particular club from the heard.

I think when you get into players irons like the AP2, 785s, Apex Pro and like irons there are small nuances that separate them. I think if you are able to consistently hit the ball on the screws and posses the swing speed to make the long irons productive, then the pros compare nicely to other irons in that class.

I think the long irons are easier to hit than the AP2 and 785s. But this could boil down to the shaft combo Callaway put together. I’m not sure with exact same setup in each player iron if most could tell the difference from one iron to the next. For me it always comes down to the long irons that will separate a particular club from the heard.

Thanks so much for the awesome response. I had built an AP1/AP2 combo set with the ap2 starting at 6 iron and I really enjoyed that setup and was able to hit them really consistently.

I think I’m going to go combo on apex and if I can’t handle them, I can always get individual irons on the apex, but not the pros in satin. Internet golfer logic.

The combo set in smoke finish looks really damn tempting

Arghhh, these look so good I just posted for the first time after creating an account 4 years ago!

Thanks so much for the awesome response. I had built an AP1/AP2 combo set with the ap2 starting at 6 iron and I really enjoyed that setup and was able to hit them really consistently.

I think I’m going to go combo on apex and if I can’t handle them, I can always get individual irons on the apex, but not the pros in satin. Internet golfer logic.

Glad I could help, I am really impressed with this launch. I want to spend more time with the Pros to see how they perform on the course.

Thanks Freddie, with comments like these and what I’m seeing on the Callaway website, as much as I like the looks of the Pros, putting them in the bag would be a pure ego/vanity thing and do a disservice to my golf game.

The more I research, the more I’m convinced Apex 5-PW in Smoke will be the best set up for me.

Looking at the forged lofts 6i is strongish (26.5 i believe), during your fittings what was the gapping recommendation / your results to the hybrids. Previous apex hybos were 23/26 so question I guess would be do you go directly from 4h to 6i or put in the 26 degree 5h. For sure individual but would seem that the gapping might get a little close between 5h and 6i. Thanks.

Sorry if I missed, but are lofts stated somewhere?

Back