Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

I took a few swipes with the Apex and Apex Pro and if I were looking for new irons, I would perhaps starting looking here. These are the first Callaway irons that have piqued my interest in a long time.

Best update is they are in production so they could be done today or next week? Oh well at least they are on the production line. I hope upon hope this will be the holy grail set from Callaway for me, the three previous sets came wrong. Wrong length, wrong flex, wrong grip wraps or grips and all had wrong lofts and lies from the factory.

This being a designed combo set, I sure hope the tolerances are better and more attention to detail from the factory crew. Obviously they are putting out a lot of clubs fast and I imagine it is general labor putting them together in Mexico so not exactly a perfect setting for custom clubs like the Grandaddy guy got treated too...but then again nothing ever would be.

I made an appointment with my local PGASS for a Callaway Apex 19 fitting event. Does anyone know if a Callaway rep comes to the store during these events or should I just be expecting a typical store fitting?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I made an appointment with my local PGASS for a Callaway Apex 19 fitting event. Does anyone know if a Callaway rep comes to the store during these events or should I just be expecting a typical store fitting?

Not sure what you should expect but there is no PGASS listed on the Callaway website as a certified Performance Center in NJ.

Not sure what you should expect but there is no PGASS listed on the Callaway website as a certified Performance Center in NJ.

Probably an area rep coming in to do a demo day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my Apex Forged 4-AW Recoil 460 ESX delivered Monday. Taking them out for a spin today. Coming off of the Epic irons so I'm anxious to see how they perform. Temps in the 70's in San Diego so all systems go!

Just got my Apex Forged 4-AW Recoil 460 ESX delivered Monday. Taking them out for a spin today. Coming off of the Epic irons so I'm anxious to see how they perform. Temps in the 70's in San Diego so all systems go!
Nice! Looking forward to your feedback!

Looking forward to seeing your feedback!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Safely arrived. Tee time Saturday 8:52!

f00f06b91541f62daedbd70eb2484195.jpg

Is it me or does that head look way more compact in person than online pictures?

hit em well dude.

A very pretty iron with a lot of tech for sure. Interesting that like my Srixon 4-6 irons, these Callaway’s have an internal tungsten weight to get the CG right. I’m sure I could easily game these and look forward to hitting them.

sheeeeeet those look really good @cobra. hit 'em well.

You son of a gun...congrates, still nothing on mine...damn it

You son of a gun...congrates, still nothing on mine...damn it
Haha I’m a simple Golfer. Stock Shaft. Standard Loft/Lie/Length.

Some of you guys with this Temper Project Recoil LZ 6.5 SmackWrap Elevate shafts. Haha. Those custom orders gotta make sure they’re precise!

Shoot, I only ordered .50" over standard length. That should not throw them off too much..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Some of you guys with this Temper Project Recoil LZ 6.5 SmackWrap Elevate shafts. Haha. Those custom orders gotta make sure they’re precise!

I was thinking the same thing. But my Stock Apex 19 hybrids came today. :banana:

That was fast!!

It really was. Placed the order last Monday. Shipped Friday. Cleared customs yesterday. Out for delivery today.

Very nice of the guy at CPO to upgrade me to 2nd Day Air for free. Those little things that make you appreciate and stay loyal(or be an admitted ho of a brand) to a manufacturer. So much so that when I ordered my wedge yesterday he finished with "Anything else?" And I asked if I could get 2nd day air again and he happily did so at no up charge, so that'll also be here in time for Saturday's round.

Excited about this course I'm playing at Saturday. Plush grass on the range which also includes an iron only range, and of course excellent conditions on the course. I'll see what kind of distances I'm getting with a regular ball and get comfortable soon to the point where when I lasered a number it took me 2 seconds on which club to grab from the bag on the Epics.

It really was. Placed the order last Monday. Shipped Friday. Cleared customs yesterday. Out for delivery today.

Very nice of the guy at CPO to upgrade me to 2nd Day Air for free. Those little things that make you appreciate and stay loyal(or be an admitted ho of a brand) to a manufacturer. So much so that when I ordered my wedge yesterday he finished with "Anything else?" And I asked if I could get 2nd day air again and he happily did so at no up charge, so that'll also be here in time for Saturday's round.

Excited about this course I'm playing at Saturday. Plush grass on the range which also includes an iron only range, and of course excellent conditions on the course. I'll see what kind of distances I'm getting with a regular ball and get comfortable soon to the point where when I lasered a number it took me 2 seconds on which club to grab from the bag on the Epics.

Their service levels are amazing, Brian over there always does upgrades shipping and no charge upgrades grips - definitely makes me consider them first.

Hit them well dude, can’t wait to hear about them. My combo set should be on its way to Danny at UST for a build here shortly l, should have in hand for when we play next month!!

Well I played 18 on Tuesday with the new sticks. Honey moon phase is definitely in full effect. The most significant conclusion that I came to is that the Apex CF 19 forged irons are extremely forgiving. I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't make my best contact the ball still flew nicely and I didn't lose much distance.
Second observation is that the feel off the face of these clubs is extremely pleasing with the ball seemingly mushing (is that a word?) off the face. Really nice forged feel off the face. Third observation is that even though the feel is nice and soft, the ball seems to come off hot off the face with a very nice medium high trajectory.
Now, compared to the Epic irons I have been playing, the Apex Forged are hands down better feeling and more forgiving. The heads appear to be the perfect size. The wedges on this set are outstanding and quickly became my favorite clubs. Additionally, the 4 and 5 iron are extremely easy to hit. I felt no trepidation in pulling out and hitting a long iron. Given the fact that I am distance challenged I was hoping I wouldn't lose any distance that I had with the Epics. I was pleasantly surprised that I was hitting the Apex around the same distance.

I am a true club ho that changes clubs frequently. I can say that these will be keepers. They look great, feel great and are as forgiving as an SGI iron I have played. I have the recoil 460 shafts in them and it seems they are the perfect match. I only played one round so far but I feel these irons will only keep performing better for me the more I use them.

Stock setup is what I've got in the bag. Fitting had that setup performing the best, who am I to argue?

I was just thinking that these would probably work great for me in stock settings.

This is 100% the set is love to game this year. I’ve been itching to get out and play but it’s either been too cold and wet or raining. Disappointing but the lack of playing is making me want to buy golf stuff badly and these are on my list of needs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is 100% the set is love to game this year. I’ve been itching to get out and play but it’s either been too cold and wet or raining. Disappointing but the lack of playing is making me want to buy golf stuff badly and these are on my list of needs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same boat. Do it.

Back