Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Having sat in a room with Nippon at their CA HQ, I wouldn't worry one bit about their tolerances as they are pretty strict about what goes out the door. That being the case, I'd pocket the $900 and not think twice about it.

Agree 100%, heard nothing but great things about the Nippon shafts from the various fittings I've gone through the past 3 months. Ordered the combo set with Modus 105 S. The stock Elevate shafts are great as well, just whatever fits your swing. Not sure who Club Champion is, but $2300? Sheesh. Congrats on your decision.

Been far too long since I've been able to provide an update on these. Things have been absolutely nuts around the house and at work.

I honestly can't say enough good things. They take everything I was longing for in the CF16 but didn't find, and blow past my expectations. Feel is superb - the difference between the cup face and face plate irons is nowhere near as pronounced as it was in the CF16, and well struck balls just feel solid. They pack a ton of forgiveness, but the profile is small enough where I'm not afraid to go after a ball that's sitting down in the rough. Zero issues stopping the ball on greens, including into a couple elevated par 3s on my home course.

I really don't feel like I'm giving up anything in terms of what I'm trying to do by putting these in play. And that's what I'm looking for in my clubs, and most especially irons. They are guaranteed to put a smile on my face at least once a round. These are going to be in the bag for a while.

Seeing how you have the pros what's your take on forgiveness across the face? And did you compare them to any other irons in the players club class before purchasing? If so why did you land on these? Anyone else chime in.
I haven't played the Srixons, but I've played both previous iterations of the Apex Pro, and my back up set are Bridgestone J40 CBs. The 19 Pros are more forgiving low and out on the toe than all those. I haven't hit any near the hosel, but I'm certain I will next time I'm out, now, and I'll report back. I went into these expecting there would be punishment on mis-hits, but I've been surprised at how forgiving they are when I miss. I'd put them as forgiving low in the face as the regular CF16 Apex irons, which are renowned for their low groove forgiveness.

I haven't played the Srixons, but I've played both previous iterations of the Apex Pro, and my back up set are Bridgestone J40 CBs. The 19 Pros are more forgiving low and out on the toe than all those. I haven't hit any near the hosel, but I'm certain I will next time I'm out, now, and I'll report back. I went into these expecting there would be punishment on mis-hits, but I've been surprised at how forgiving they are when I miss. I'd put them as forgiving low in the face as the regular CF16 Apex irons, which are renowned for their low groove forgiveness.

I have hit them a few times and to be honest I thought it was a fluke seeing how forgiving they were. Especially compared to other irons in the players category. I tried to purposefully hit shots out on the toe and low on the face and to be honest I probably shouldn't have even worked at doing that cuz it would have happened anyway, but not much distance loss at all in my opinion. And pretty comparable to irons in a lot more forgiving categories. So I went back and hit since then and feel the same way afterward. I'm going to try to hit a third time. I hit with range balls and not very good ones at that, and ones that would be comparable to rocks and the Apex Pro felt like a dream which was shocking because I've never hit a club that felt that good with such low quality golf balls. The standard Apex didn't feel so great to me to be honest but I think some of that was the range balls. I'm going to try to go to a better course with much better range balls when I test the second time the standard and the pros. But to be honest I hit both 6-irons nearly the same slightly longer in the standards and it seemed like I was more comfortable over the ball with the pros. I am being rather indecisive but I want to make sure with the purchase this expensive that I get what I want. And what I need for that matter. Just trying to get all the information I can on people who have them and have compared them to other irons that perhaps I have hit. Thanks

Oh the addictive nature of these irons never ceases to amaze me. Swing is even closer to being back to hitting actual golf shots and not just swinging at the ball and there’s some versatility here that’s fun.

Hit two frozen rope stingers with the 5i today that we’re pretty hilarious. One necessary being under a tree, the other just because the first one was so easy and fun, haha

Thank you again trade in bonus, because otherwise I probably never even try these this year.

Only about 100 times better than the last 16’s were for me.

My combo set is at the shop and I'm picking then up today for play in our 9 hole league. They ate going to get a good workout today, as driver doesn't come into play as much on this 9.

My combo set is at the shop and I'm picking then up today for play in our 9 hole league. They ate going to get a good workout today, as driver doesn't come into play as much on this 9.

Mine are finally in as well, arrived Wednesday 2.5 weeks after placing order. Picking them up Sunday morning after an 11 hour ride home from Hilton Head tomorrow (no golf this trip believe it or not). Hope to play at least 9 holes Sunday afternoon/evening, then just got invited by a customer to play Canton Brookside Monday morning, one of the finest courses I've ever played. It will test the hell out of these irons....and me. Bringing SC weather back with me, mid-80's in NE OH when I get back, woohoo:clapp:

Mine are finally in as well, arrived Wednesday 2.5 weeks after placing order. Picking them up Sunday morning after an 11 hour ride home from Hilton Head tomorrow (no golf this trip believe it or not). Hope to play at least 9 holes Sunday afternoon/evening, then just got invited by a customer to play Canton Brookside Monday morning, one of the finest courses I've ever played. It will test the hell out of these irons....and me. Bringing SC weather back with me, mid-80's in NE OH when I get back, woohoo:clapp:
Brookside is a great course. Those irons are going to get worked!

My order status just changed from back-ordered to being processed. Does that mean my clubs are being made now?

Have I mentioned how great the Pro long irons are?

I am going to take mine in tomorrow and have the lofts / lies checked on the 6 & 5, just do not seem right to me. I ordered them 2 deg strong but standard lie. We will see....

Have I mentioned how great the Pro long irons are?

gawd i hit these good today. i’m having so much fun with these clubs. i’ll admit, i have a little remorse in not going full pro. but it’s hard to argue with how gloriously i can hit the long irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I know my statement is probably watered down and some probably think I am saying it bc I went to #TheGrandaddy, but I'm not and these are hands down the best irons I have ever gamed!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think I need to join Apex Anonymous. Just had the best wedge and iron sessions I’ve probably ever had, felt like I could make the ball do whatever I wanted. The combo set is a dream. I could not be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I need to join Apex Anonymous. Just had the best wedge and iron sessions I’ve probably ever had, felt like I could make the ball do whatever I wanted. The combo set is a dream. I could not be happier.

They really are something. I'm still surprised by the feel in the longer irons with the cup face. A 4i off the tee Wednesday night had just a little bit of an audible click, but felt like a practice swing. Low, high, left, right. Doesn't matter.

They really are something. I'm still surprised by the feel in the longer irons with the cup face. A 4i off the tee Wednesday night had just a little bit of an audible click, but felt like a practice swing. Low, high, left, right. Doesn't matter.

The feel is remarkable even with the standards in the combo. The 8-Aw pros are just... unreal

The feel is remarkable even with the standards in the combo. The 8-Aw pros are just... unreal

You happy you went combos or do you wish you had all "pro" models?

You happy you went combos or do you wish you had all "pro" models?

I’m really happy with the combo set. I know for a fact I could not hit the 4 and 5 in the pros, so I like having them in the standard. In a perfect world, maybe have the 6 and 7 available as a combo set option? But really can’t complain, this set is pretty perfect.

I’m really happy with the combo set. I know for a fact I could not hit the 4 and 5 in the pros, so I like having them in the standard. In a perfect world, maybe have the 6 and 7 available as a combo set option? But really can’t complain, this set is pretty perfect.

Crazy good.

Crazy good.

I’m sure I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but they are just astoundingly good. My favorite iron set prior to these was probably my G25s, and I think these Pros are WAY more forgiving then those. It’s just an utterly complete package. When I got my G400Max, it made the game more fun and I’d smile after hitting it. These have done the same for me in the iron game. Couple with the recoil protos, they are just stellar.

i have a request into a local outdoor fitter for a lie/gapping analysis. as good as these irons, i’m not getting a straight enough flight. my miss is left is really getting in my head. hopefully a tweak can get these performing as well as they deserve. 6 greens in reg is just not good enough.

i have a request into a local outdoor fitter for a lie/gapping analysis. as good as these irons, i’m not getting a straight enough flight. my miss is left is really getting in my head. hopefully a tweak can get these performing as well as they deserve. 6 greens in reg is just not good enough.

Let's figure out a weekend to meet up down there and we'll put a 5er on the line. See how you do under pressure. I get pops.

I picked up a split set with Rouge and Apex recently. I went with same grips and shafts in both models to make it consistent (New Decade MC and KBS Tour V). The Apex short irons are some of the best feeling clubs I have ever hit. Just phenomenal. It’s kinda hilarious how my entire bag is basically Callaway at this point. I never liked their irons or drivers before. Always like their wedges. The Rouge Driver is my favorite driver since the Titelist 915 D2. Just phenomenal. Irons are out of this world. Now 10 out of 14 clubs are Callaway. They have came along, that’s for sure. Funny how brand bias fades away over time.

I’m sure I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but they are just astoundingly good. My favorite iron set prior to these was probably my G25s, and I think these Pros are WAY more forgiving then those. It’s just an utterly complete package. When I got my G400Max, it made the game more fun and I’d smile after hitting it. These have done the same for me in the iron game. Couple with the recoil protos, they are just stellar.

You came from ping max to these? You must be a good ball striker

Back