Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

They will be top of the list #'s 1 and 2
That's awesome, I think the Epic Forged is going to be a big hit. All the while you guys are going to get the unveiling of what Callaway plans to produce for 2020. So many options! NDA!! Hah!

Today was a great day to judge exactly what these clubs are delivering as it was dead calm on the front and only the slightest of breezes on the back. I am easily getting one club plus more off the fairway, and incredible distance gains off the tee on par 3's. Par 3 12th, playing 154 (lasered) to the pin, dead calm, 7i landed pin high. With the CF16s the 7i was my 140-142 club. Second shot on the par 4 second hole (we started on the back), 133 to the pin, 9i from fairway long. Par 3 third 135 to the pin (lasered), 9i carried to the pin and went long. 9i used to be my 120+ club. Consistency is incredible. Just love these irons!

I posted my fitting results earlier and was beyond excited. I'm going back tomorrow to confirm my shaft selection and then will be ordering 4-AW to replace my CF16'S. Pumped!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Today was a great day to judge exactly what these clubs are delivering as it was dead calm on the front and only the slightest of breezes on the back. I am easily getting one club plus more off the fairway, and incredible distance gains off the tee on par 3's. Par 3 12th, playing 154 (lasered) to the pin, dead calm, 7i landed pin high. With the CF16s the 7i was my 140-142 club. Second shot on the par 4 second hole (we started on the back), 133 to the pin, 9i from fairway long. Par 3 third 135 to the pin (lasered), 9i carried to the pin and went long. 9i used to be my 120+ club. Consistency is incredible. Just love these irons!

Those are great #'s. Did you try any steel at all when you where fitted?

Solid improvement, but I wonder how the Epic Forged would compare to the Apex CF19's? I upgraded from the CF16's to the CF19's and saw similar improvements, plus they were much nicer to hit and forgiving.

I had my first true iron fitting on Friday. After several models and several shaft combos, this is the result.

Final Specs:
Callaway 2019 Apex Irons 5 – PW
2 Degrees Flat
1” over length
Shaft: Project X Catalyst 60 Shaft
Grip: MCC +4 Grey
The order was placed on Friday afternoon and I can't wait for them to get here !!

I got this email from UPS this morning !!

Hi Bill, you have a package coming today.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Wednesday, 07/31/2019
Estimated Delivery Time: 11:15 AM - 03:15 PM

CALLAWAY DE MEXICO SA DE CV
Tracking Number: 1ZV8084*****594966

Any issues with the Apex holding greens? Do they give you enough spin?

Gonna pile on here. No issues holding greens for me either. These are also the highest launching irons I think I've ever played. There could be a swing issue there, but I don't feel like my Rogue Pros were anywhere near this high launching and I had these built to match the spec on those.

Great irons. Don't think I can find a need for anything that goes farther. I was dubious that these would be an improvement on the Rogue Pros other than looks (not a fan of chrome) but I was incorrect. A little longer and I prefer the feel/sound/whatever of these.

Wonder when these will show up on CPO?

I've become such an iron ho... I've purchased two sets of irons THIS YEAR (at tremendous prices) and I still want a set of these. They'd have to be the chrome satin heads with black Elevate shafts though. Just love that look.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Those are great #'s. Did you try any steel at all when you where fitted?

I think the first shafts we tried were the Elevates but quickly moved to the Recoils as I've been successfully using them for the last 4+ years.

Solid improvement, but I wonder how the Epic Forged would compare to the Apex CF19's? I upgraded from the CF16's to the CF19's and saw similar improvements, plus they were much nicer to hit and forgiving.

Distance-wise, from everything I've read, even longer.

I can't find any irons better than my 2014 Apex pros, might try Apex Pro Dots or some Mizunos

I can't find any irons better than my 2014 Apex pros, might try Apex Pro Dots or some Mizunos

I had the same irons and now have the combo set - a club longer all around

%#= me I love these Apex Pro Dots...grabbed them on a whim since my son stole my other irons. I love the reduced offset and a flushed shot is just so wonderful...distance control is phenomenal.

%#= me I love these Apex Pro Dots...grabbed them on a whim since my son stole my other irons. I love the reduced offset and a flushed shot is just so wonderful...distance control is phenomenal.

This is awesome. I’ve seen pictures but haven’t held on in-hand. Glad you’re liking them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very curious about the pro dot's as well, but still loving my combo set

Hit a small bucket yesterday with 8, 9 and PW since last round out all 3 clubs were drawing. Idk if it's a lie angle issue or just my swing as I have always been able to draw short irons easier than the rest, but I tried to move my hands more forward and that stopped it a little bit. Have toyed around with getting lofts and lies checked but really feel comfortable with my gapping right now, so rather keep the lofts where they are at, but might give the lies a look. Perhaps I will do the DIY version first with dry erase markers to see if anything looks out of wack after hitting some range balls. Be a fun test.

Hit a small bucket yesterday with 8, 9 and PW since last round out all 3 clubs were drawing. Idk if it's a lie angle issue or just my swing as I have always been able to draw short irons easier than the rest, but I tried to move my hands more forward and that stopped it a little bit. Have toyed around with getting lofts and lies checked but really feel comfortable with my gapping right now, so rather keep the lofts where they are at, but might give the lies a look. Perhaps I will do the DIY version first with dry erase markers to see if anything looks out of wack after hitting some range balls. Be a fun test.

get them checked. far too many of us have seen issues. granted, i don't think many (if any) of us have checked specs right out of the box, so it could be a soft metal that is getting knocked off spec through use. when i had my gapping analysis, the clubmaker said lofts weren't too bad, but lies were "all over the place" in his words. since getting the adjustment, i'm hitting the ball farther and straighter and it's so much more fun.

get them checked. far too many of us have seen issues. granted, i don't think many (if any) of us have checked specs right out of the box, so it could be a soft metal that is getting knocked off spec through use. when i had my gapping analysis, the clubmaker said lofts weren't too bad, but lies were "all over the place" in his words. since getting the adjustment, i'm hitting the ball farther and straighter and it's so much more fun.

All but one of mine were correct out of the box, but getting these irons checked to verify specs is a good idea. Doesn't seem as variant as the CF16s were, but it's definitely a consideration based on the feedback here.

It’s baffling the distance I am seeing from these haha. Not in a flyer/jumper type way. Just a decent increase from previous irons. The last couple rounds have been good but not great due to adjusting for it m, but I think I am finally getting the feel and learning what iron to hit most times in a certain distance situation.

Fun times haha.

It’s baffling the distance I am seeing from these haha. Not in a flyer/jumper type way. Just a decent increase from previous irons. The last couple rounds have been good but not great due to adjusting for it m, but I think I am finally getting the feel and learning what iron to hit most times in a certain distance situation.

Fun times haha.

I too am stuff baffled most days at the distance of these. I go to grab a club and think, nope I'll blow past the green if I hit that. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have 5 rounds and about as many range sessions under my belt with the Dots and I have 4 rounds in the low 80's and 1 in the 70's. I love the predictable distances...I'm already getting used to the altitude adjustments here in Colorado so having a consistent number is so helpful. I'm so much more confident hitting my ball into a shallow green, knowing I'll be in the right window with the right hold for the green.

Anyone happen to know raw shaft lengths for standard length Pro irons?

Anyone happen to know raw shaft lengths for standard length Pro irons?

Are you referring to pre built/cut shafts?

Are you referring to pre built/cut shafts?

No, pulls from standard length irons. My wrists and elbows are really paying the price for steel shafts. Thinking I may go Recoils.

Back