Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

So the pros are .355 taper tip I believe (non pros are .370). Recoils come in .355 but I think it depends on the model. I cannot remember what the length should be for each shaft before you place them in the head though. Obviously that depends on the club and how that oem measures. For most accuracy, order from ust/local golf shop or you can take a chance on eBay/here to find recoil pulls that are the correct tip size and trust the seller he played them at stock length.

Not a great answer I know haha

Stock length of the pros are 38” 5 iron going in .5” increments up and .5” increments down to 9 iron then .25” increments into the pw and aw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played today in my CC match and although I won, was not thrilled with the way I hit my irons. I hit some balls after the round and brought my old Taylormade P770s with me to see if I wanted to consider switching back. Went back and forth and while I hit both clubs well, the sound, feel of the apex pros becomes addictive. Figured out a few bits at the range.
I will say, the apex pros can be a bit filthy long in the right conditions.

CF16 to CF19

CF16 to CF19

I’m about ready to pull the trigger on some new cf19 sticks. A little slow because I have the cf16’s and love them. Is there anyone that made the change from 16’s to 19’s and regretted it? I have no special reason to change except I like new toys and love to tinker. I’m leaning towards the recoil 760 smacwrap shaft. I have the older 760 recoils in my current clubs and it has done well for me.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I’m about ready to pull the trigger on some new cf19 sticks. A little slow because I have the cf16’s and love them. Is there anyone that made the change from 16’s to 19’s and regretted it? I have no special reason to change except I like new toys and love to tinker. I’m leaning towards the recoil 760 smacwrap shaft. I have the older 760 recoils in my current clubs and it has done well for me.

First off, welcome to THP.
I made this same change and haven't looked back. I play the Recoil 95 Proto shafts and they feel great with the head.

Welcome! Not a direct change to these, but played the CF16s previously and these are better in every single facet. Let us know if you have any specific questions. I will echo @JB, with recoil 95, these are about as good as it gets.

Before being fit with the '19 Apex irons the set they replaced were they CF16's with the 760 Recoil shafts. That is the same shaft in my '19 Apex and it is the same shaft that was in my OG Apex irons. I can't imagine that the SmacWrap version would play that differently than the 760 ES shafts with the 760 SmacWrap being only a couple of grams heavier.

I think if you do make the switch to the '19 Apex you will be very pleased with the improvement over the CF16s despite the fact that the 16s themselves were great clubs!

Before being fit with the '19 Apex irons the set they replaced were they CF16's with the 760 Recoil shafts. That is the same shaft in my '19 Apex and it is the same shaft that was in my OG Apex irons. I can't imagine that the SmacWrap version would play that differently than the 760 ES shafts with the 760 SmacWrap being only a couple of grams heavier.

I think if you do make the switch to the '19 Apex you will be very pleased with the improvement over the CF16s despite the fact that the 16s themselves were great clubs!

Thanks so much for your insight!

Still loving my Apex 19’s they were on fire today! Still seeing great distances even de-lofted and dispersion is fantastic. I hit a PW into a Green today 2’ past hole during a best shot and one playing partner looked at me and said, do you ever miss your never off line, but said I do, but not with these bad boys. Only Gap I have is 5i range I jump to a 4h Apex 205 from my 6i 180 so debating on picking one up. He heard the story of how I got them and just shook his head, but did wonder about the fitting process, he asked whether or not it made a difference and I said definitely. I love my #TheGrandaddy bag. I’m so happy with them I might just pick another set up.

I love these irons, pretty easily my all time favorites. I started a range session living on the heel. Feel was still shockingly good. As I moved impact point to the middle I starting seeing big distances to go along with a high powerful trajectory

Now that my swing is coming around I’m really starting to hit some great shots with these irons. The AW was on point for me today. Hit a couple darts, one to kick in range from about 115 out.

Best. Irons. Ever!

You guys have done an amazing job in this thread. So hard to resist. I can definitely see a set of these in my bag next season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Best. Irons. Ever!

Can't say it better.

You guys have done an amazing job in this thread. So hard to resist. I can definitely see a set of these in my bag next season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Never had a set of irons that I couldn't wait to hit again...until now. Hit several shots Sunday with both portions of the combo set that made me say "Gawd that felt good!!".

I tell you what! These.irons.are.dang.amazing! I continue to love these irons more and more! I got to play today and I hit them well and just feel so confident when I have these irons in hand!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had some fun with these Saturday, and had a one way miss left which was music to my ears. Now I did have many shots from the rough too, so I think it had something to do with the face closing more, but with my usually miss being right, it was still hard aiming for the left miss so my first couple approach shots all landed even with the pin but left rough. Going over my round, I didn't have a single shot fade right, had 2 par 3 shots that landed short 5-10 yards from green but was between clubs and went with shorter one since both greens were OB back. Luckily they were in a "fairway" so I was able to get up and down or chip up and 2 putt for bogey. Distance control was great for the most part and never had shot that left me going "did I grab the wrong club?".

Been having issues getting my wedge game going for shots 80 and in, almost seems like everything either gets thinned or chunked so I started thinking about only using them on chip shots and giving my AW a try on anything 110 and in. Never been one to use a 1/2 or even 3/4 shot with my AW, but figured the shorter the swing, less stuff that can go wrong which sounds good in theory to me. Did this when the shot was available and this happened:

16: 80 yards from rough to 10 feet, birdie made
17: 60 yards from FW to 30 feet, two putt par
18: 40 yards from FW to just off green (5 yards away), putted off green to 2 feet, made par

As long as I have room in front of the green, this shot will be used more often now, and left me waiting to go back and play the rest of the holes all over again.

My babys are here!!! They arrived a week earlier than expected!

Attachments

• photo35890.jpg
    photo35890.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • photo35891.jpg
    photo35891.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
I think I have tried every set out there that is in this class and keep coming back to these. Not sure if its the feel, comfort or the idea that I am seeing pretty ridiculous forgiveness low on the face and towards the toe side vs every other set in its class right now.

Have the Epic Forged still to test and that should take place in the next week as well.

JB;n8879317 said:
I think I have tried every set out there that is in this class and keep coming back to these. Not sure if its the feel, comfort or the idea that I am seeing pretty ridiculous forgiveness low on the face and towards the toe side vs every other set in its class right now.

Have the Epic Forged still to test and that should take place in the next week as well.

That will be an awesome comparison, with all the tech forward stuff they are doing in epic forged.

I still don't think I've even hit CF19. That's terrible.

JB;n8879317 said:

Watch out... The Epic Forged a like some mutant combination of the Callaway Apex and the Cobra F9s. They are ridiculous.

JB;n8879317 said:

I'm with you on these, and I'm pretty much certain at this point this is the best set of irons I've ever put in play. I can say for sure that my iron play today was better than it ever has been, and I honestly wasn't great in any other facet of the game. Just long, straight, and consistent. I'm for sure not wanting for anything with these.

From a feel perspective, these are great, and I completely agree on forgiveness. Frankly, they have no business being as forgiving as they are at their size. We compared them to the original Apex today and it was surprising just how much they shrunk the package, while also making a more forgiving iron.

Shout out to this thread for coaxing me into purchasing the Apex Pros. I’ve played some of the best golf of my life this season and the irons have been a big piece. Won my Club Championship yesterday and I was hitting the irons so pure all day.

DNice26;n8879897 said:
Shout out to this thread for coaxing me into purchasing the Apex Pros. I’ve played some of the best golf of my life this season and the irons have been a big piece. Won my Club Championship yesterday and I was hitting the irons so pure all day.

Congratulations!

DNice26;n8879897 said:

Congrats! Hoping to win my first next weekend.

MattyDMPLS;n8879919 said:
Congrats! Hoping to win my first next weekend.

Nice, good luck!!!

might I suggest that a good amount of hipping and putting practice goes a long way...

DNice26;n8879955 said:
Nice, good luck!!!

might I suggest that a good amount of hipping and putting practice goes a long way...

For sure work on that hipping ;)

Back