Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

The more I think about this ball the more I like it. I saw good performance for the 18 holes I used one, particularly off the driver.

As a low trajectory high spin chipper of the ball that will definitely be an adjustment that I’m willing to make to see increased accuracy off the tee.

Triple track is amazing.

Overall I think this is right up my alley. It’s about swallowing a little ego and understanding a tour ball might not be best for my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I think about this ball the more I like it. I saw good performance for the 18 holes I used one, particularly off the driver.

As a low trajectory high spin chipper of the ball that will definitely be an adjustment that I’m willing to make to see increased accuracy off the tee.

Triple track is amazing.

Overall I think this is right up my alley. It’s about swallowing a little ego and understanding a tour ball might not be best for my game.

Sounds perfect off the tee, how did you like it with your irons?

Sounds perfect off the tee, how did you like it with your irons?

No issues stopping the ball although it was very soft and wet. Distance was good for sure. This is what I want to see in warmer weather with former greens.

I cannot wait to try these when available!
balls-2019-erc-soft-yellow-triple-track_1446___1.png

balls-2019-erc-soft-yellow-triple-track_1446___2.png

I haven't actually broke into my dozen ERC balls yet. There are two reasons:
1) I freaking love the Chrome Soft X all the way through the bag.
2) I'm scared by the lower spin. I just dont have any spin to spare anywhere in the bag.

That said, I'm going to break them out next time I'm on GC2 and see how the spin compares.

If they don’t work for you I know I guy ...

I cannot wait to try these when available!
balls-2019-erc-soft-yellow-triple-track_1446___1.png

balls-2019-erc-soft-yellow-triple-track_1446___2.png

I had forgotten that yellows were in the plans. I will definitely be purchasing some of these.

Petra is great. She was awesome on our R&D / lab tour. I want to see the yellow ERC Soft in person, will probably give the white ones I have a try the next time I get out on the course (winter is rearing its ugly head here right now).

Great photo! Is street magician your side gig? :D

Haha. No sir. Just having some fun in the photo lab. Thank you.

That is definitely going to be up to the user. Construction wise there is more to it. It spins about as much as the RX does from that company's line. I would argue its designed to be faster as well. The e6 was all about reduction of spin off the tee to fly straight. They created the e7 for speed and then moved to the e6 soft and e6 speed after that.
Then I'm going to love it. The yellow RX was my gamer for years.

Edit: I just found out that the ERC will be offered in yellow so I will definitely be purchasing a box.

What you stated above is like the results I saw with E6, so back to my original question, what makes this ball $12 a dozen better than an e6?

I saw way more spin with this ball than with the e6.

That is definitely going to be up to the user. Construction wise there is more to it. It spins about as much as the RX does from that company's line. I would argue its designed to be faster as well. The e6 was all about reduction of spin off the tee to fly straight. They created the e7 for speed and then moved to the e6 soft and e6 speed after that.

That has me even more eager to try these. The RX was among the first balls that really changed my game. Maybe this one is next?

Once these balls become available I'm going to pick up a dozen and give them a go. I've got a feeling these might be my MC ball based on what I'm reading and seeing.

I think there's some differences between the graphine and this as far as IP goes.

I'm not sure how the market will react to this compared to some of the other offerings, but I suspect this ball will do ok, availability of this compared to some of the DTC balls and the brand behind it will make a difference at retail.

The markings are going to be well received by some, and some will absolutely hate them, based on personal preference or generic hatred towards the brand (as can be seen in this very thread), and it's certainly something that makes the ball stand out and gets it into the conversation, which isn't a bad thing IMO.
After hearing the story behind it at the studio on our first day and seeing the colors everytime I look at this ball I think Top Gun! And let's be honest! That is one of the all time greatest movies ever made! Coincidence? I think not lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for everyones opinions on the ERC Soft Ball. I have said it a few times in here and understand many of the thoughts.

I think what is most important is to get some and try for yourself to formulate an opinion.
Are there golf balls who are cheaper out there? For Sure.
Is a golf ball perform better if it has a Urethane cover? Absolutely not.
Do more layers make a golf ball better? Not necessarily.

The ball is priced where it is based on the total performance of the ball. It may be too expensive to some and some may be more interested in price than performance, that is an individual decision. One last thing I will add is about R&D and Manufacturing. There are not many companies that do this all on their own and spend dedicated money to their own R&D without buying off the shelf models that may or may not be VERY similar to someone else's ball with a different logo on it. We are very committed to R&D and spend significantly against developing extremely high performing products. And also keep in mind that every Chrome Soft and ERC Soft Golf Ball we make is made in the US at our plant in Chicopee, MA to the highest of quality and consistency, this is an important part of the story as well.

Again, thanks for all your feedback on the product.

Thanks for everyones opinions on the ERC Soft Ball. I have said it a few times in here and understand many of the thoughts.

I think what is most important is to get some and try for yourself to formulate an opinion.

The ball is priced where it is based on the total performance of the ball. It may be too expensive to some and some may be more interested in price than performance, that is an individual decision. One last thing I will add is about R&D and Manufacturing. There are not many companies that do this all on their own and spend dedicated money to their own R&D without buying off the shelf models that may or may not be VERY similar to someone else's ball with a different logo on it. We are very committed to R&D and spend significantly against developing extremely high performing products. And also keep in mind that every Chrome Soft and ERC Soft Golf Ball we make is made in the US at our plant in Chicopee, MA to the highest of quality and consistency, this is an important part of the story as well.

That is great info Jason. I love the fact that your balls are designed and made by you and not just a stamp on design from an overseas ball.

What you stated above is like the results I saw with E6, so back to my original question, what makes this ball $12 a dozen better than an e6?

This ball is better than the E6 - definitely more than $12 better than the E6 - except the limited edition Azalea E6 Balls those were bad@$$

Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

Was talking to Clayton about this ball today and the more that I hear about the first hand experiences with it, the more that I’m convinced that it will rival other balls to be my gamer at the very least. I think it has a very real shot to be perfect for me.

Last edited:
I'm playing the ERC exclusively my next round or two. So far it's been a fantastic ball in wetter, softer conditions. I love the way it feels off the face of literally every club and it still checks up on soft greens. I'm looking forward to putting it some full round testing.

We always appreciate you stopping by, Jason. And I know many of us love and appreciate the "Made in USA" part of the story.

We always appreciate you stopping by, Jason. And I know many of us love and appreciate the "Made in USA" part of the story.

"Made in MA" is even better for me.

Phil drops a 60 using the alignment.

Phil drops a 60 using the alignment.
Bogey free round... it shouldn't matter to me, but engage full ponder mode

Back