Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

I played these for 9 holes today and was throughly impressed ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you play on the other 9?

Chrome Soft Truvis

As much as I like the AVX (and I have dozens stocked), I am really liking this ball. Doubt I will ditch the AVX totally, but the ERC is definitely in my bag as well.

As much as I like the AVX (and I have dozens stocked), I am really liking this ball. Doubt I will ditch the AVX totally, but the ERC is definitely in my bag as well.

The ERC is such a good ball and I’m liking the Triple Track ...

The ERC is such a good ball and I’m liking the Triple Track ...

Totally.

I am very interested to see how this ball plays when it heats up. Says it will be 70 degrees here tomorrow and Im playing. Not sure what the fairways will be like though.

I have the last iteration of Srixon ZStar XV in the basement on the putting green.

Happened to have an ERC in the pocket tonight and dropped it into play while I was messing with my putter collection and the sound difference blew my mind. Way softer off the face, especially on a milled head, and I swear it was a bit hotter but that seems like crazy talk. Either way, I loved it.

Bought a sleeve this morning to compare the the TourB X and from most areas did not seem to lose anything with the ERC, I tried the TT a couple of times and made the only birdie of the day doing it but I just don't have the patience to do it every time and I can never fully get comfortable with where I am lining it up.

Off the Driver it definitely felt soft to me but if I hit somewhere close to center it went just fine, I played the front with the ERC and back with the Tour B and I was driving much better on the back but that could just be me.

I really liked the feel of the ERC off the putter and doing some chipping testing before the round with one of each there was not a big difference I could see.
Overall I could certainly play the ERC with no problems, the TT could help me if I wanted to put in the extra time to figure it out and play a bit slower.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Another 18 in the books today at TPC Stonebrae with the ERC. I kept wanting to switch back to the AVX for some holes, but I am really liking this ball. The next round I play, I am going to try and hit some comparison shots. Our group was moving fast today and I really couldnt hit extra shots. The triple Track is legit. I know it is only marking, but I really like it.

I continue to see no problem holding greens, good distance and feels good off the putter.

Played the ERC today for nine holes. The ball performed from tee to green but that alignment aid on the greens was money. If I had hit more of them in regulation, I would have had a decent round. Lining up putts to my putting line was just automatic. Drained so many putts today. Loving this ball. Not wild about the price, TBH, though.

Played these balls for first time today...quick impressions.

1. they are soft...very soft
2. they are long, not sure if they fly further or they don't spin and check up as much, but I was over the green most of the day....they appear to be 5 yards longer on irons and prob more on driver
3. they definitely spin less than the chrome soft and prov1x I am used to playing.
4. the alignment aid(3 lines) was distracting to me and bit too much...i'd prefer 1 line...matter of fact, since I am 1/2 club longer with this ball, I'd like to game this ball and adjust to the length and slightly less spin but those 3 lines kinda bother me...may just turn ball over and use no lines and keep using the ball.

Conclusion, they are like a distance ball that is super soft.

I was able to get out this past weekend and the pro shop had sleeves of these for sale, so I picked one up for an impromptu head-to-head. I elected to use the Duo Pro in comparison because they were A: already in my bag and B: around that same price/performance classification. First off, the lines on the ERC definitely provide something to focus on, and I found myself using them quite a bit off the tee. That doesn't necessarily mean I always hit the ball in the direction the lines were pointed, but I did like my chances of doing so while looking down at them. I started using them on the green as well, but I found myself spending a bit of time getting the ball lined up. The lines didn't help me make anything, but I was having trouble getting proper speed more than anything, so I can neither praise nor fault them for that.

In playing side by side against the Duo Pro, I found that the ERC tended to fly a little bit higher on similarly struck shots. Differences in distance were insignificant and probably due more to variations in my swing than in performance of the balls. Full shots into greens had both balls stopping close to their pitch marks while shorter pitches were a couple hops and a short roll. It did seem like the ERC was a little easier to get more rollout with when I wanted to play a low runner. Neither of these balls has the grab of a Pro-V1 class ball, but you can definitely work them with confidence they'll do what you intend.

On the putting green, sound/feel tended to be more muted with the ERC. Not necessarily bad or displeasing, just a different result than what the Duo Pro gave. I would guess the difference in cover materials might be playing a role here. After playing a round with the ERC I can say that I enjoyed it and think it would be a good option for me. IME, the Duo Pro is every bit the equal of the ERC. However the ERC is a ball I can easily find locally and while it's priced a bit higher, it is a ball that is made here in the US, something for which I don't mind spending a few extra dollars.

I really like the ERC. However the lines actually distract me on long putts.

I played another 9 with the ERC Soft yesterday (played the front with the Chrome Soft), and came away impressed again with the way that this ball preformed.

A couple shots come to mind....

c4a41c37c131983e8849849de5863385.jpg

This is where my second shot on the Par 5 10th ended up, I had 225 yards to the pin (wind helping) and hit 3 hybrid and it just ran through the green... Wow on the distance of this ball!!!

85dc6aca71e0b4bacea1ceb0c4764488.jpg

This is my tee shot on the Par 3 13th, 134 yards (wind across & in), I hit 9 iron. This ball hit then just hopped out it’s divot about a foot... Really good spin too...

I posted earlier in this thread, that I wasn't impressed with the ERC ball. Well, it was my swing at that time that I really wasn't impressed with so any ball would've not been hit well. For the last couple months I've been playing the Callaway Supersoft and greatly happy with it. Today I played the ERC ball, and with a much better swing, and was impressed with the results. Great impact feel, good launch and distance with my normal lack of back spin onto the greens. Felt real good off the putter. Great ball for an 85 mph driver swing speed & 55 mph 7 iron swing speed. But......at $39.95 a dozen, I'll play the Supersoft ball at $22.95.

Otherwise, if I hadn't found the Supersoft I'd be playing the ERC.

As a long time TP5 user, I was skeptical that I would like the ERC soft. Boy was I wrong! Blindfolded I would have a very hard time picking which ball I had just hit, with a driver or with the putter. Very good ball

As a long time TP5 user, I was skeptical that I would like the ERC soft. Boy was I wrong! Blindfolded I would have a very hard time picking which ball I had just hit, with a driver or with the putter. Very good ball
I was shocked at how well it held up in the wind. Another round set for Friday so another testing session is on the works.

I have a dozen of these on the way. Can’t wait for the season to start so I can compare them with the Chromesoft. I’ll also probably keep a sleeve at home for my backyard putting green if I end up liking the triple track.

I hit the ERC in my last lesson on Tuesday. He has simulator and tracks Ball speed. Saw really consistent higher ball speeds off of the driver. Brought a dozen to Charleston to put them in play.

I hit the ERC in my last lesson on Tuesday. He has simulator and tracks Ball speed. Saw really consistent higher ball speeds off of the driver. Brought a dozen to Charleston to put them in play.

What ball do you normally play?

What ball do you normally play?

TP5. Honestly haven’t compared the two on a simulator. I’ll be interested to see it preforms 100 yds and in.

TP5. Honestly haven’t compared the two on a simulator. I’ll be interested to see it preforms 100 yds and in.

Me neither. I have hit the TP5 on the simulator and found it an improvement, 1-2 mph over last years ball. ERC was a surprise to me.

Played this ball last week for first time, noticed significant gains in driver distance and when using 3 wood and hybrids.

Only issue I really experienced was the reduction in spin around the greens compared to the TP5, so short pitches and chips ran out significantly longer than I expected.

Can't complain though as I put them in play a second time for a SCGA qualifier and made the cut so going to continue with them for now.

Starting Sunday's round out with ERC. The course is usually very soft unless it's a dry spell, be a good test to see how much less spin I get around the green and more roll off the tee. Might not be able to compare tee shots, but will try to practice a chip or two on a green if pace of play is good with us. Aiming to get to the course an hour before we play since they have a really nice chipping area.

I am noticing that off the irons they fly fairly high and come down steep. Off the blades they were spinning in a big way. Compared to the Pro V1 I was swapping in the ProV1 flew much lower. I'm not really complaining as during the sim round they were bombing the flag.
I did some outdoor outting and chipping and so far they seem to spin as they should. I know some are seeing run out but so far they seem in line with the Chrome softs and the TP5Xs I have been playing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m a higher handicap golfer that can’t tell any difference between them and chrome soft. I do like the alignment stripes but my buddies say I spend too much time adjusting the ball to align to the cup.

Back