Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

Used this all night. Thought i was having a stroke on #9 but it turns out the line is a bit wonky. Anyone else seeing this?

dcce9b10ae847006e71c9e796f7fc987.jpg

2b250d39105975c5728664caac6c481b.jpg

Without having access to the ones I’m my bag I’m guessing the lines are intended to be placed along the seam. Looks like this ball got in a bit sideways.

Got my first nine holes in with these yesterday. The wind was blowing 10-20 mph, and it was my first round outside this year.

Compared to the Chromesoft, this is a really solid ball for the early season conditions we see up here. It flies high, feels soft off the face, had decent check around the greens (for the most part).

The triple track really shined for me though. Green conditions obviously weren't optimal. Still, I made a couple of putts over 10 feet and generally felt really confident rolling the ball.

It was also my first round with Arccos, and according to the single round stats I had a +4.4 putting handicap.

Now I just can't wait until April 19th.

Used this all night. Thought i was having a stroke on #9 but it turns out the line is a bit wonky. Anyone else seeing this?

Dan, sorry to see that you got a blem. As always our customer service team or any of us on the Zoo Crew will always be happy to help with an issue like this. We will be happy to make it right. This is certainly not something we want to happen or get out. Please DM me and we will find a way to get the ball back from you and replaced.

You guys should really read the THP Home Page. Haha

Full content on this including price.

Good article. If the Chrome Soft X is priced at $45 a dozen, does that hurt ERC sales at $40? Even if the ERC is the better golf ball for your game, won't most people say the "better/Tour" ball is only $5 dollars more! Why not use it?!

Dan, sorry to see that you got a blem. As always our customer service team or any of us on the Zoo Crew will always be happy to help with an issue like this. We will be happy to make it right. This is certainly not something we want to happen or get out. Please DM me and we will find a way to get the ball back from you and replaced.

It's all good, Finley!! I was just curious if anyone else had seen anything like it. So far as I know, that's the only time I've ever seen variety in the lines.

I think Dan hit the ball soooooo hard that the line moved on the ball

#CanadanSpeed #170ballspeed

I think Dan hit the ball soooooo hard that the line moved on the ball

#CanadanSpeed #170ballspeed

lmao here we go, starting rumors again.

Callaway is one of three drivers I think I can get there with. Epic Flash Sub Zero goes mega boom. #RangeDays

Good article. If the Chrome Soft X is priced at $45 a dozen, does that hurt ERC sales at $40? Even if the ERC is the better golf ball for your game, won't most people say the "better/Tour" ball is only $5 dollars more! Why not use it?!

I will jump in here, I would always suggest that you play the best ball for your game that fits within a price you are comfortable playing with. If you hit a ball better and it is $5 less that seems like a really good option. Also, I would believe there are not too many golfers who would really overlap between CSX and ERC Soft. Bottom line, always suggest finding the right ball for your game and then deciding if it will fit into your budget. I know for me personally, having played std CS previously, the ERC Soft is a better ball for my game as a high spin player who has lost a little speed yet hit it as far as I ever have. Either way, both are great options and thanks for trying them both.

I am really curious to see if anyone else has seen this, or whether it was just a random slip somewhere along the line.

Ah. I see what ya did there....

But seriously, I’ve been intrigued by the tech and drew the 3 lines on my AVXs. I’ve enjoyed using it enough on putts that I want to try these out for real. Dan what’s the similarities or maybe differences from the AVXs for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will jump in here, I would always suggest that you play the best ball for your game that fits within a price you are comfortable playing with. If you hit a ball better and it is $5 less that seems like a really good option. Also, I would believe there are not too many golfers who would really overlap between CSX and ERC Soft. Bottom line, always suggest finding the right ball for your game and then deciding if it will fit into your budget. I know for me personally, having played std CS previously, the ERC Soft is a better ball for my game as a high spin player who has lost a little speed yet hit it as far as I ever have. Either way, both are great options and thanks for trying them both.

I'll tack onto this in saying that price is a small piece of what makes a ball work for every golfer, absolutely.

ERC was used for ALL of THP Range Days and I had a blast with it. Using it on course, the lower spin profile is worth any potential ball speed losses because at least for me, reducing spin is going to increase my carry even if the ball speed drops a touch. Better control, better carry, bigger numbers.

It's all about the individual swing.

Ah. I see what ya did there....

But seriously, I’ve been intrigued by the tech and drew the 3 lines on my AVXs. I’ve enjoyed using it enough on putts that I want to try these out for real. Dan what’s the similarities or maybe differences from the AVXs for you?

Great question man, and unfortunately I don't have a real sample size to compare. I've only cycled through a dozen or so of each, and it's been on a wide variety of greens and firmness of conditions. I suspect I'll know later in the year, but as of right now I think they are both fully viable options. Only sticking point is the visibility aspect. Lots going on with ERC between the logo and Triple Track.

Great question man, and unfortunately I don't have a real sample size to compare. I've only cycled through a dozen or so of each, and it's been on a wide variety of greens and firmness of conditions. I suspect I'll know later in the year, but as of right now I think they are both fully viable options. Only sticking point is the visibility aspect. Lots going on with ERC between the logo and Triple Track.

Yea I noticed that with the driver or 3 wood off the tee, I only like to see a plain white ball and that’s hard to find when it gets too busy. But otherwise I like the lines for lining up putts.

Yea I noticed that with the driver or 3 wood off the tee, I only like to see a plain white ball and that’s hard to find when it gets too busy. But otherwise I like the lines for lining up putts.

The dozen AVX I have include a giant THP logo on one side and "Canadan" on the other side, so it's just as busy. I didn't get to experience the blank canvas so my opinion is with bias because of it.

You definitely need to hit both side by side to see what you like better. At the end of the day, you can easily find a blank spot on ERC for tee balls and for putting if you desire it.

The dozen AVX I have include a giant THP logo on one side and "Canadan" on the other side, so it's just as busy. I didn't get to experience the blank canvas so my opinion is with bias because of it.

You definitely need to hit both side by side to see what you like better. At the end of the day, you can easily find a blank spot on ERC for tee balls and for putting if you desire it.

Yes I actually used a sleeve of the logo and “Zbuechner4” AVXs the other day...they certainly are just as crowded.

But I’ll give them a go soon and jump back in this thread.

I'll tack onto this in saying that price is a small piece of what makes a ball work for every golfer, absolutely.

ERC was used for ALL of THP Range Days and I had a blast with it. Using it on course, the lower spin profile is worth any potential ball speed losses because at least for me, reducing spin is going to increase my carry even if the ball speed drops a touch. Better control, better carry, bigger numbers.

It's all about the individual swing.

Both of y'all make really great points. What I'm kinda asking is more of a cost vs brand issue or maybe cost vs quality/perceived quality. The majority on the THP forum are extremely vigilant when it comes to equipment...cost, specs, options, reviews, data, numbers, etc. We are on a quest to play to our best abilities. Sometimes this is dependent on natural abilities or budget. But, for the majority of average golfers who buy off the rack, never get fitted, and aren't interested in the small details, I don't think they will mind spending $5 extra dollars for something that might not give them the best numbers if they perceive it to be "better" or more "prestigious". We are talking about a 12% difference in cost. If you told the average consumer they could buy for example a Buick or for 12% more they can buy a Cadillac, the vast majority will chose the Cadillac because of the name, logo, advertisements, endorsements, "perceived quality", etc. Even though the Buick is within their budget, is equal if not better, might be the best for them personally, most people will buy the Cadillac. My opinion is that if Joe Public goes into the local pro shop and sees both golf balls side by side, both with Triple Track technology, and the Tour ball is only $5 dollars more, they will purchase that one. Especially, if they know Phil Mickelson uses it!

Both of y'all make really great points. What I'm kinda asking is more of a cost vs brand issue or maybe cost vs quality/perceived quality. The majority on the THP forum are extremely vigilant when it comes to equipment...cost, specs, options, reviews, data, numbers, etc. We are on a quest to play to our best abilities. Sometimes this is dependent on natural abilities or budget. But, for the majority of average golfers who buy off the rack, never get fitted, and aren't interested in the small details, I don't think they will mind spending $5 extra dollars for something that might not give them the best numbers if they perceive it to be "better" or more "prestigious". We are talking about a 12% difference in cost. If you told the average consumer they could buy for example a Buick or for 12% more they can buy a Cadillac, the vast majority will chose the Cadillac because of the name, logo, advertisements, endorsements, "perceived quality", etc. Even though the Buick is within their budget, is equal if not better, might be the best for them personally, most people will buy the Cadillac. My opinion is that if Joe Public goes into the local pro shop and sees both golf balls side by side, both with Triple Track technology, and the Tour ball is only $5 dollars more, they will purchase that one. Especially, if they know Phil Mickelson uses it!

I would bet Joe Public is still lobbing the 50 bucks at ProV1 and ignoring the benefits, if we're using ignorance as a crutch here.

I would bet Joe Public is still lobbing the 50 bucks at ProV1 and ignoring the benefits, if we're using ignorance as a crutch here.

Well, that's kinda my point. That ProV1 might not be best for their game/performance, but they still buy it. It's perceived as the best/ or better. But, like the old saying...a fool and his money are soon parted!

I've only played 2 rounds with them so far but I am becoming a fan. Like some of the GD participants have said, they are long! I have a few dozen TP5x balls from last year that I put head to head with ERC. The TP5x was the longest ball I have hit until the ERC which is easily 5-7 yards longer. The TP5x spins quite a bit more which is not surprising but the ERC is definitely manageable.

As far as Triple Track, the most benefit for me personally is setting my line on longer putts which is something I have struggled with in the past. It does mess with me a little on the FW but I am getting used to it. The ones I have are yellow and I'll buy a dozen ERC in white soon to compare.

I can see this ball becoming my gamer as it really checks all the boxes for me. It's long, adequate spin for my game and TTT to help with lining up putts.

One part I started to like a little more about the TTT was that it's only around half of the ball. If players wants the added distance with less spin, but don't care for the lines, having it only halfway around the ball can be helpful for them. On a few of the holes I teed off on my last time out, I actually just had a small part of the TTT visible vs having the entire half of the ball showing it. No real reason why, just felt like seeing how it looked because I can. Having the option is nice.

I think the next dozen balls i buy will be these

Keep in mind that due to moving I have only played 2 rounds since last August and those were this week...

I started with Titleist Tour Softs. When I switched to the ERCs on the back today, I picked up about 1/2 a club in distance and the extra spin on chips was great. This prolly means the Tour Soft was never the right ball for me, but I gotta say the ERC works!!

Triple Track may be one of my favorite things ever introduced in golf. I used this for a big chunk of my round today and I feel automatic from under 6 feet with that alignment. I'm completely past thinking it's a gimmick, it's legit.

Found one of these yesterday and played it today. Never have been a fan of lines or any other markings besides the OEM printing on the ball so really didn't use that feature much at all. I was pleasingly surprised at the performance of the ball though. Dispersion and spin appeared to be pretty much on par with the balls I normally use and distance seemed to be a touch less (a few yards on all clubs). The feel was defintitely a little softer than what I am used to but really liked the feel when putting. Definitely a solid performing ball that I would not hesitate to put in play again.

Picked up a dozen today. My initial trial with a ball gifted by a GD participant definitely intrigued me enough to take some more time with this ball.

Triple track is amazing for sure.

Picked up these today. Looks like the have 2 stamps that meet in the middle of lines.
03720bbd05462cbb614965cb76b32e2e.jpg

Back