Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

Interesting thoughts. I just bought a sleeve so we'll see how they shake down to my gamer

Pulled a ball out of the box at Golf Galaxy in Manhattan and my first thoughts on the cover aren't to positive. It seems hard? I also see some have trouble with spin, and others say it is just fine. I assume the ones they say spin is fine don't really get spin in the first place? Again im assuming. Not sure on Triple Track as I don't use alignment marks on my ball.

Looking forward to your thoughts Brian.

Pulled a ball out of the box at Golf Galaxy in Manhattan and my first thoughts on the cover aren't to positive. It seems hard? I also see some have trouble with spin, and others say it is just fine. I assume the ones they say spin is fine don't really get spin in the first place? Again im assuming. Not sure on Triple Track as I don't use alignment marks on my ball.

Looking forward to your thoughts Brian.

My thoughts are the same but we'll give er a whirl and see how it goes

Played 9 holes with this one today. Not much to add than what’s already been said. This ball feels great off each club and off the tee it feels like it springs off the face. I don’t swing as fast as some, but with lower compression balls I did feel like they were too soft at impact. It could be the Epic Flash head and the tech packed into it, but this one felt like it sprung off the face.

Into and around the greens I don’t feel like it spins any less than the CS. On chips there was a little more roll out, but that was more in part to green conditions.

Based on today I think I’m starting the season with this one and see how it goes.

Normally I look forward to hitting a particular iron, or club when I think about going to play. This ball is the 1st ball in quite some time that has me wanting to get out on the course just to put it in play again. Fun Fun ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played this ball a lot! I have not seen any of the inconsistencies others have reported. Combined with the Epic Flash woods and Apex irons I absolutely love the ball flight. I have had downwind PWs stop within less than 2' on full shots. I'm not a one hop and check chipper around the green and have always played shots with some rollout but even I have been able to get close when short siding myself using the PM 2.0 60° and this ball with no issues. My only concern with the ball at times, depending on how strong it is, is shots into the wind due to the high trajectory but I have also been pleasantly surprised how well the ball has traveled under those conditions, especially iron shots.

Played this ball a couple holes last night at league. Had a long drive with it of 287 (bit wind aided). It is easy to see in the first cuts of rough, (yellow). Nice and easy to line up putts on the green. Have to remember to play for a bit more rollout on chips. Seems to have good durability.

i picked up a sleeve of these today. chipped and pitched at the short game area, then putted.

my first pitch was a poor strike, but the second was hit well and the ball exploded off the face. i loved the soft feel, but i didn’t see a ton of check. what i found after 20 minutes or so, was this ball couldn’t mask my mishits. well hit shots spun ok but not as much as other balls. mishits ran out more than i’m used to.

on the putting green, it took me all of one putt to fall in love with the triple track. i can’t explain it, but i hit my line really well. and i loved how soft the ball was off the putter.

i hope to get this ball on the course to see what it can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i picked up a sleeve of these today. chipped and pitched at the short game area, then putted.

my first pitch was a poor strike, but the second was hit well and the ball exploded off the face. i loved the soft feel, but i didn’t see a ton of check. what i found after 20 minutes or so, was this ball couldn’t mask my mishits. well hit shots spun ok but not as much as other balls. mishits ran out more than i’m used to.

on the putting green, it took me all of one putt to fall in love with the triple track. i can’t explain it, but i hit my line really well. and i loved how soft the ball was off the putter.

Are you typically a low spin player?

Played them again today. Every bit as good as my gamer Callaway Supersoft balls, just twice the cost of the Supersoft balls.

The CSX w/Triple Track might be a better fit for you.

I'm so happy these are coming out! I was on the putting green today using the TT for short putts and continue to think it's one of the best ball features ever created.

The CSX w/Triple Track might be a better fit for you.

Was there any work on if these would make it to the regular Chrome Soft? I just can't do the X

Was there any work on if these would make it to the regular Chrome Soft? I just can't do the X
Nothing I've heard. I believe the CSX model was released to allow consumers to play what Phil is playing. That said, the ERC is a great ball if it works for your spin.

On the course I think you’ll see very different results (in a positive way). I can’t get over how ell this ball feels coming off the face of every club through the bag.

I thought I read that Callaway has just so many machines to do Truvis and TTT. So they went with a less of a mover with the CSX.

I thought I read that Callaway has just so many machines to do Truvis and TTT. So they went with a less of a mover with the CSX.

Makes sense, Probably just stick with the CS.

The Callaway Chrome Soft with blue and red lines is on the USGA Conforming Ball List.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the chance to putt around with these on my putting mat last night. They def live up to the name "soft" as they are soft off the putter for sure. Although I actually do like the feel off the putter face. I compared the feeling and sound to my normal gamer Srixon Q Star Tour and both are relatively close to feel I think, but the Srixon is alittle louder off the face than the ERC. This doesn't bother me either way, but my observation.

Look forward to testing this more this weekend hopefully.

triple track for life! only two short putting practice sessions in, and i am in love with triple track.

this ball really seems to fly off the putter face. it seems like less effort is needed. i'm really excited to get this ball on the course. i have a tee time set for tuesday.

triple track for life! only two short putting practice sessions in, and i am in love with triple track.

this ball really seems to fly off the putter face. it seems like less effort is needed. i'm really excited to get this ball on the course. i have a tee time set for tuesday.

So far I liked it very well off the putter face. Although im putting on my 6ft Puttout mat so far I think the triple track lines are easy on the eyes. Although putting is only one aspect of the game, we'll see how it does in other areas.

So far I liked it very well off the putter face. Although im putting on my 6ft Puttout mat so far I think the triple track lines are easy on the eyes. Although putting is only one aspect of the game, we'll see how it does in other areas.

I love putting with it. I like the aiming alignment off the tee. But it's really weird looking though when the triple track is askew between the tee and green. I'm still getting used to that.

So today I had more 3 putts than I think I can ever recall.

I cant tell if the lines are helping or not, but the feel off the putter face was really messing with my distance control.

I'm right now a fan of the ball for full swing and around the green. But off the putter face it's a little soft. I think if I go to a putter without an insert I will like this better.

Going into greens this ball has more than enough spin. Around the green it will rollout a bit and I definitely needed to use height to stop the ball. Hitting the ball it feels like you compress it even on mishits.

Back