Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

triple track for life! only two short putting practice sessions in, and i am in love with triple track.

this ball really seems to fly off the putter face. it seems like less effort is needed. i'm really excited to get this ball on the course. i have a tee time set for tuesday.

I was using Chrome Soft throughout my round but putting with the ERC on putts 8 feet and in and was nailing my lines and made most of the putts. The only reason I missed the couple I did was because I didn't hit it hard enough. I never thought I would be a line guy but it helps so much.

Played this ball in the wind today and I was impressed on how it cut through the wind. Very little movement overall. Was able to get some greenside spin today. I’m trying to use these up but I’m not loosing them. So that’s statement on how I able to control it.

Need to pickup some yellow ones for sure.

Played the CSX truvis on few holes today, really excited to get the CSX with TT on them. The CSX just feels so much better to me than the ERC soft.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I finally got the chance to put these in play yesterday. I will say, I was skeptical going into it thinking I wasn’t going to like them. 1, cause I feel the cover to be harder than my gamer, two wasn’t sure of the triple track tech. At the end I came away pretty happy with how they performed.

Triple Track. I actually do like the alignment marks to help with my line as I am a line putter and use the line on the ball for my line. I feel they do help, they do give alittle more confidence in direction. Again, I was skeptical of this buzz and to be honest....which reviews need to be...I thought it was alittle gimmicky. I thoughts are 180 now after using them during a round.

The cover. Instantly when I put it in my hand I instantly thought boy I’m going to need to play my shots differently and allow for a lot more roll out. And if I short side myself well that ought to be interesting. Really not the case I found out, I actually could get it to do what I wanted for the most part. I’m not a tour pro, obviously, but my current gamer I can get some great cheese on it depending on what I’m trying to do. I had a lie yesterday that my playing partner called impossible, I didn’t think so but first thing I thought was “well let’s see what this ball can do” it grabbed in a hurry and gave me a hell of an up and down for par.

Feel. I liked the feel off everting really. When they use the word SOFT...they mean it. It’s def soft, but it’s not mushy. And the sound isn’t duddy either. It’s a snatch hair softer than my gamer, and more muted off the putter than my gamer which doesn’t bother me.

Distance wise, I couldn’t really tell that round as I’m playing pretty WAFFA right now...but will continue to dabble with this ball soon again.

So far, Callaway impressed me with it, which is why we test and not assume. The only thing it doesn’t have going for it is the price range compared to my current gamer. It’s hard to beat and it’s not THAT much better to get me to switch. But, it is a damn good ball I feel and will recommend them.

I finally got the chance to put these in play yesterday. I will say, I was skeptical going into it thinking I wasn’t going to like them. 1, cause I feel the cover to be harder than my gamer, two wasn’t sure of the triple track tech. At the end I came away pretty happy with how they performed.

Triple Track. I actually do like the alignment marks to help with my line as I am a line putter and use the line on the ball for my line. I feel they do help, they do give alittle more confidence in direction. Again, I was skeptical of this buzz and to be honest....which reviews need to be...I thought it was alittle gimmicky. I thoughts are 180 now after using them during a round.

The cover. Instantly when I put it in my hand I instantly thought boy I’m going to need to play my shots differently and allow for a lot more roll out. And if I short side myself well that ought to be interesting. Really not the case I found out, I actually could get it to do what I wanted for the most part. I’m not a tour pro, obviously, but my current gamer I can get some great cheese on it depending on what I’m trying to do. I had a lie yesterday that my playing partner called impossible, I didn’t think so but first thing I thought was “well let’s see what this ball can do” it grabbed in a hurry and gave me a hell of an up and down for par.

Feel. I liked the feel off everting really. When they use the word SOFT...they mean it. It’s def soft, but it’s not mushy. And the sound isn’t duddy either. It’s a snatch hair softer than my gamer, and more muted off the putter than my gamer which doesn’t bother me.

Distance wise, I couldn’t really tell that round as I’m playing pretty WAFFA right now...but will continue to dabble with this ball soon again.

So far, Callaway impressed me with it, which is why we test and not assume. The only thing it doesn’t have going for it is the price range compared to my current gamer. It’s hard to beat and it’s not THAT much better to get me to switch. But, it is a damn good ball I feel and will recommend them.

Great Review Great Thoughts.
I think that this ball might qualify as “A Jack Of All Trades is a Master of None” It does a lot of things however not necessarily a master of one. I think that the Distance component won’t really show up until maybe another 6 weeks when the courses dry up and some Driver roll out can be had.

Hit an approach shot Saturday with one of Brians ERC balls.....and man is it soft. A little to soft for my preference but im used to playing a harder ball. Felt nice off the putter though......

Nice ball. Brian was freakin out thinking it was going to be hard to spin this ball. I knew different and he proved that.

Hit an approach shot Saturday with one of Brians ERC balls.....and man is it soft. A little to soft for my preference but im used to playing a harder ball. Felt nice off the putter though......

Nice ball. Brian was freakin out thinking it was going to be hard to spin this ball. I knew different and he proved that.

Who is Brian?

Great review @2BFAST

Used the ball last night for basement putting. Focus was on making square contact and the TTT helped visually to see the roll being straight by having 3 lines roll instead of one. After awhile I stopped focusing on the roll and just made putts towards my PuttOut and most of them rolled well toward the center from 6-8 feet. Can't wait for the gound to firm up a bit and see what kind of roll I get off the tee.

Things I like about this ball:

1) Distance. This ball, combined with the Epic Flash, is giving me distances off the tee I'm not sure I've ever seen before, at least not routinely!
2) Ball Flight. I love the high ball flight I get with this which seems to compensate pretty well for lack of spin on full iron shots into the green. I've even stopped downwind PWs with 2'.
3) Soft Feel. Nice soft feel off all clubs
4) Performance in the wind. I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of this ball INTO the wind given the high ball flight I get.
5) TTT. I've never been one to use an alignment aid very much but I've started to use the TTT a little more frequently and am starting to get used to it.

Things I don't like:

1) The softness coming off the putter face of a putter with an insert (in this case the Stroke Lab Three). I seem to leave far too many putts dead center in the hole but short. I'm expecting this will change when I get my Toulon Portland with the milled face.
2) Nothing else! :)

Things I like about this ball:

1) Distance. This ball, combined with the Epic Flash, is giving me distances off the tee I'm not sure I've ever seen before, at least not routinely!
2) Ball Flight. I love the high ball flight I get with this which seems to compensate pretty well for lack of spin on full iron shots into the green. I've even stopped downwind PWs with 2'.
3) Soft Feel. Nice soft feel off all clubs
4) Performance in the wind. I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of this ball INTO the wind given the high ball flight I get.
5) TTT. I've never been one to use an alignment aid very much but I've started to use the TTT a little more frequently and am starting to get used to it.

Things I don't like:

1) The softness coming off the putter face of a putter with an insert (in this case the Stroke Lab Three). I seem to leave far too many putts dead center in the hole but short. I'm expecting this will change when I get my Toulon Portland with the milled face.
2) Nothing else! :)

It's been great seeing how much the combo of the new clubs and balls has been impacting your game Phil. Keep on kicking butt out there!

I played this ball for a few different holes tonight. It is starting to grow on me. On approach shots the roll out is minimal from the ball mark. Would like to see just a bit more spin on chips but it wasn't as much tonight as in the past. (could be better ball strikes) Will give it some more rounds this weekend and see what happens.
2. Really like lining up putts
3. Visibility is great.
Dislikes:
1. The paint for the triple track lines are coming off. Just small little bits.
2. Needs more spin on chips.

Who is Brian?

12b4af10c0c6f8d189b5ff6a3e205d02.jpg

On a more serious note, I spent about an hour on the practice green with a sleeve of these and the T3 really does work. I spent some time lining up putts using the lines on the ERC and compared that with using a typical single sharpie line on a different ball.

I would start by choosing my target line and then aim the ball along the target using the line(s) on each ball. I then walked about 6-8 feet behind each ball and checked its alignment with the target line. In nearly every case, the ERC was aligned more closely to the target line than the single line ball. Additionally, it was much easier using the T3 to see how far off the initial alignment was and to correct it. All that is left at that point is to put a good roll on the ball, which...well it’s still early in the season

first round is in the books with the erc soft. i'm probably 90% ready to say this: GAMER.

this ball was damn near perfect for me. excellent spin out of every lie and shot, fantastic feel, and great distance. i think if i have any knock against it, it could have gotten through the wind a bit better, but that's easily adjustable going forward.

what impressed me the most all day was the triple track. i have never burned so many edges and hit so many good putts dead on line. no, my putting wasn't incredible, but it never is. i'm not an edge-burner; i'm usually right around hole-high, two-putting whether it's from 30' or 3'. but with triple-track, i had so many putts this just grazed the edges. what does that mean? it means triple track helped me hit putts on my line, and i missed because of a read, not because of missing my line. that. is. HUGE.

in summary, this is a great golf ball, and i'm glad i loaded up when callaway had their promotion supporting the children's miracle network. because this will be a ball i game for the foreseeable future.

b2e232e37d4fcfe75867c3cffdd6f02c.jpg

Guess I got a little spin on this one. 7i off the tee.

first round is in the books with the erc soft. i'm probably 90% ready to say this: GAMER.

this ball was damn near perfect for me. excellent spin out of every lie and shot, fantastic feel, and great distance. i think if i have any knock against it, it could have gotten through the wind a bit better, but that's easily adjustable going forward.

what impressed me the most all day was the triple track. i have never burned so many edges and hit so many good putts dead on line. no, my putting wasn't incredible, but it never is. i'm not an edge-burner; i'm usually right around hole-high, two-putting whether it's from 30' or 3'. but with triple-track, i had so many putts this just grazed the edges. what does that mean? it means triple track helped me hit putts on my line, and i missed because of a read, not because of missing my line. that. is. HUGE.

in summary, this is a great golf ball, and i'm glad i loaded up when callaway had their promotion supporting the children's miracle network. because this will be a ball i game for the foreseeable future.

I played this ball last night in my league and my fellow golfers remarked how well I putted.
Would CSX with TTT be a better fit for you?

I played this ball last night in my league and my fellow golfers remarked how well I putted.
Would CSX with TTT be a better fit for you?

possibly. i do needs me some spin. i guess i’ll just have to buy a sleeve for testing ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In the 4 rounds I've played this ball I've noticed it doesn't move much in cross winds. My gamer ball, Callaway Supersoft, moves more in cross winds. Like I've said before, if the ERC wasn't twice the cost of Supersoft balls, I'd game it.

I put the ERC in play for the first time yesterday and it was great. I played one ball the entire round and tore the cover up a bit, but it performed really well for me and I normally play the CSX.

I plan to get out tomorrow and give this ball another go....im looking forward to it!

I put the ERC in play for the first time yesterday and it was great. I played one ball the entire round and tore the cover up a bit, but it performed really well for me and I normally play the CSX.

i noticed the cover was not terribly durable. the triple track paint seemed to chip off pretty easily.

i noticed the cover was not terribly durable. the triple track paint seemed to chip off pretty easily.

I hit a couple spinny wedges with my MD4’s and then a drive that I sent through the dogleg and that pretty much did it lol

Played this ball in high winds today, and it handles it pretty well. Plenty long. I won't cover the spin around greens again.
I do like the yellow that Callaway chose, plenty bright and easy to spot.

Back