Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JB View Post
    Yes part of that is correct. Yet A full swing PW into the green, still has spin impacted through core. Its not a "this is a metal wood, therefore its core" and "this is an iron, therefore its cover". Glancing blow is not really the correct term or phrase because the ball is traveling (or trying to) up the face on all clubs with any loft. Add in the force used, in full swing, and the core impacts spin immensely on full shots...Even with scoring clubs.

    The cover becomes the real driving force to spin on partial shots as you get closer to the green, when very little force is used.
    Ok so then i am understanding the gist of it correctly. It seems I may just have overestimated (or underestimated) just when the cover becomes much more relevant vs the core. My apologies for misleading anyone.
    I golf because I can But I stink because I can't

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Phil75070 View Post
      It is not just the fact that there are three lines, but also the thickness of the lines plays into it and the colors, perhaps even the distances apart they are from each other? I think I have one of those ball marking tools you are referring to and it might work as well. I just never liked how weird and busy the ball looked when I did it. Of course I only used one color and the lines were all the same thickness...
      Yeah. I wouldn't go as far as thickness of lines play into and what have you....but TTT on ERC is cleaner and not as busy I will give you that.

      I say this because one of my playing partners as my club uses a jig to mark his ball like this. He uses two different colors with his (black/red) so when I seen this come out I instantly thought....well this isn't new as my buddy does this every round.

      Again, I think its great Callaway is doing it since its already on the ball and one doesn't have to mark each ball this way. Plus like Phil #'s mentioned.....the markings on the ERC ball are pretty subtle.

      I do think Callaway will offer this in Chrome Soft soon......I really do which offering along side Truvis tech is fun
      - Randy

      -----------------
      In my Tour B Stand bag:

      Driver - G400 LST 10* HZRDUS BLACK Xs 75g 45"
      3W - G400 13* PING Tour 75 Xs 76g 43"
      3HY - Steelhead 19* Recoil 95 F4
      5I-PW - 919 Forged 6.5 125g
      GW - XW-1 50* Tour 105
      SW - XW-1 54* Tour 105
      LW - XW-1 58* Tour 105
      Putter - O Works Black 1ws Mid Slim 2.0
      Ball - Tour BX
      Grips - CP2 Midsize


      2019 Championship at Firestone Country Club - Champions

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PhillyV View Post
        If I had to guess, I would say Truvis grows before its pushed out
        I agree about truvis... think truvis seems to continue to grow even more popular. id be surprised if thats phased out. Or heck, they may even add it to the erc...who knows? people just seem to like it. And i do as well. Imo its a fun design especially around the greens when you see the ball spin. It doesn't get old at all imo watching it spin. and fwiw Id actually like to see more flare on tour as for colored balls..lol
        I golf because I can But I stink because I can't

        Comment


        • Originally posted by PETE379 View Post
          Yeah. I wouldn't go as far as thickness of lines play into and what have you....but TTT on ERC is cleaner and not as busy I will give you that.

          I say this because one of my playing partners as my club uses a jig to mark his ball like this. He uses two different colors with his (black/red) so when I seen this come out I instantly thought....well this isn't new as my buddy does this every round.

          Again, I think its great Callaway is doing it since its already on the ball and one doesn't have to mark each ball this way. Plus like Phil #'s mentioned.....the markings on the ERC ball are pretty subtle.

          I do think Callaway will offer this in Chrome Soft soon......I really do which offering along side Truvis tech is fun
          Actually the thickness of the lines was specifically mentioned as well as the use of different colors. It is pure speculation on my part as to whether the distance between the lines is part of the science (vernier visual acuity).
          Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 Grandaddy with Callaway

          In my Alpha Convoy 514 Cart Bag:

          Driver: Epic Flash 10.5° (+1/D) - EvenFlow Green Shaft 45g 5.5
          FWs: 3W (+1/N) Epic Flash* - 5W (S/N) Epic Flash - EvenFlow Green Shaft 45g 5.5
          Hybrid: Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) - Recoil 760 Shaft F2
          Irons: Apex '19 5-AW - Recoil 760 Shafts F2
          Wedges: 52°S* /56°C MD4 / 60° PM 2.0 Grind* - all w/ Recoil 460 Shafts F2
          Putter: Stroke Lab Double Wide or Toulon Portland
          Ball: ERC Soft or Chrome Soft
          * Interchangeable - I carry 2 out of the three

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Phil75070 View Post
            Actually the thickness of the lines was specifically mentioned as well as the use of different colors. It is pure speculation on my part as to whether the distance between the lines is part of the science (vernier visual acuity).
            Coming from the guy that got the low down first hand at HQ!!!! Lucky dog!!!
            Brian
            --------------------
            In my - LUX 2.0 Black / White 14 Way Cart Bag:
            Driver - F9 9.5* HeLium Proto F5 49g 4X stiff 45"
            3W - CBX 119 15* HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.0 S
            2 Hy - CBX 119 20* EvenFlow Black 85 6.0 S
            4I - ZU85 23* Recoil 95 F4
            5I-PW - Z765 Recoil 110 F4
            GW - RTX-4 50* Mid Recoil 110 F4
            SW - RTX-4 54* Mid Recoil 125 F4
            LW - RTX-4 58* Full Recoil 125 F4 Proto
            Grips - MCC +4 Midsize Grey Color
            Putter - DB2x 34" Pro X 1.32
            Ball - Q Star Tour


            2017 THP Regional Rivalry - ILL/MO vs MN/WI Champions sponsored by @ Tournament Club of Iowa Des Moines
            2018 The Game Changer by with World Long Drive Champion & Tour Pro Jamie Sadlowski @ Talking Stick Resort Scottsdale
            2018 Shaft Up #3 by @ Olympia Fields Country Club Chicago
            2018 Shaft Up Finale by @ Mission Inn Club Orlando
            2019 TEEm Tour Edge Participant
            sigpic

            Comment


            • I’ve always thought you shouldn’t be allowed to mark your ball unless you were in someone’s line. That’d force people to not be able to line up their putts. In theory, it’d speed up things on the green.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              In my Cart Bag:
              GBB 8*

              BB Alpha 816 14*
              BB 815 3H 21*, 4H 23*
              Apex CF 16 5-PW
              MD3 50S, 54S, 58S
              O-Works Marxman
              B330 RX

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Chump Fries View Post
                I’ve always thought you shouldn’t be allowed to mark your ball unless you were in someone’s line. That’d force people to not be able to line up their putts. In theory, it’d speed up things on the green.
                Im so confused on this post?????
                Brian
                --------------------
                In my - LUX 2.0 Black / White 14 Way Cart Bag:
                Driver - F9 9.5* HeLium Proto F5 49g 4X stiff 45"
                3W - CBX 119 15* HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.0 S
                2 Hy - CBX 119 20* EvenFlow Black 85 6.0 S
                4I - ZU85 23* Recoil 95 F4
                5I-PW - Z765 Recoil 110 F4
                GW - RTX-4 50* Mid Recoil 110 F4
                SW - RTX-4 54* Mid Recoil 125 F4
                LW - RTX-4 58* Full Recoil 125 F4 Proto
                Grips - MCC +4 Midsize Grey Color
                Putter - DB2x 34" Pro X 1.32
                Ball - Q Star Tour


                2017 THP Regional Rivalry - ILL/MO vs MN/WI Champions sponsored by @ Tournament Club of Iowa Des Moines
                2018 The Game Changer by with World Long Drive Champion & Tour Pro Jamie Sadlowski @ Talking Stick Resort Scottsdale
                2018 Shaft Up #3 by @ Olympia Fields Country Club Chicago
                2018 Shaft Up Finale by @ Mission Inn Club Orlando
                2019 TEEm Tour Edge Participant
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 2BFAST View Post
                  Im so confused on this post?????
                  It’s in regard to alignment aids on balls in general. When I play with my buddies, there is one guy who has to get the line on his ball just right on every single putt. It always slows things down on the green.

                  I’ve often thought if you weren’t able to mark your ball with a coin and pick it up (essentially play it as it lies) that it would force people to not rely on getting the line on their ball lined up just right.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  In my Cart Bag:
                  GBB 8*

                  BB Alpha 816 14*
                  BB 815 3H 21*, 4H 23*
                  Apex CF 16 5-PW
                  MD3 50S, 54S, 58S
                  O-Works Marxman
                  B330 RX

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chump Fries View Post
                    It’s in regard to alignment aids on balls in general. When I play with my buddies, there is one guy who has to get the line on his ball just right on every single putt. It always slows things down on the green.

                    I’ve often thought if you weren’t able to mark your ball with a coin and pick it up (essentially play it as it lies) that it would force people to not rely on getting the line on their ball lined up just right.
                    I can see that. But that's a select few...sounds like you got one of the select few. I am one that uses the line on my ball to get my line and I have never been called "slow". I don't think the saying one ruins it for all would apply to this.
                    Brian
                    --------------------
                    In my - LUX 2.0 Black / White 14 Way Cart Bag:
                    Driver - F9 9.5* HeLium Proto F5 49g 4X stiff 45"
                    3W - CBX 119 15* HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.0 S
                    2 Hy - CBX 119 20* EvenFlow Black 85 6.0 S
                    4I - ZU85 23* Recoil 95 F4
                    5I-PW - Z765 Recoil 110 F4
                    GW - RTX-4 50* Mid Recoil 110 F4
                    SW - RTX-4 54* Mid Recoil 125 F4
                    LW - RTX-4 58* Full Recoil 125 F4 Proto
                    Grips - MCC +4 Midsize Grey Color
                    Putter - DB2x 34" Pro X 1.32
                    Ball - Q Star Tour


                    2017 THP Regional Rivalry - ILL/MO vs MN/WI Champions sponsored by @ Tournament Club of Iowa Des Moines
                    2018 The Game Changer by with World Long Drive Champion & Tour Pro Jamie Sadlowski @ Talking Stick Resort Scottsdale
                    2018 Shaft Up #3 by @ Olympia Fields Country Club Chicago
                    2018 Shaft Up Finale by @ Mission Inn Club Orlando
                    2019 TEEm Tour Edge Participant
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 2BFAST View Post
                      I can see that. But that's a select few...sounds like you got one of the select few. I am one that uses the line on my ball to get my line and I have never been called "slow". I don't think the saying one ruins it for all would apply to this.
                      I of course do not know just how efficiently quick or annoyingly slow (or somewhere in between) you might be when it comes to taking care of your line. But just because no one ever mentioned anything does not at all imply your not guilty of disrupting the flow of play. Just how much I couldnt say. I do know that I see far too many people who use lines, not only take too long to get them set but it also creates a situation where they also have to pick up and mark and replace after every putt and often can mean they dont finish out after lag putting. So its not only just about the line matching on the ball to the target spot (which too often does become problematic for a number of those who do it) but is often also associated with adding the other indirectly related flow disruptive elements as well. In my many years playing there are a whole lot of people (not just a few) practicing these methods guilty as charges and it often is at least somewhat slowing down the otherwise would be smoother flow (or pace). But most people do not say anything to the person/people and in fact may even often enough speed up some the things they do themselves to help compensate for the time. The whole thing lends itself to those who do tend to be somewhat a flow disruption to never have any slightest clue that they indeed are or that they just might be. Now place more than one of such person in a given group (say 2, or perhaps 3) and the issue multiplies not even to mention if all 4. Again...im not at all implying your problematic but dont think just because someone is never told that it means they are not. especially when also adding the other things related.

                      Sorry this sems a bit off topic from the ball review thread. But because of the lines on the ball the thread did by default stray a bit into this avenue. So it is in way related to part the ball review imo. i mentioned earlier that this design itself may actually lend itself to people who didnt use to bother with a line and all else related, yet may start now doing so. i saw that as a very possible big negative as for the lines on the ball.
                      I golf because I can But I stink because I can't

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rollin View Post
                        I of course do not know just how efficiently quick or annoyingly slow (or somewhere in between) you might be when it comes to taking care of your line. But just because no one ever mentioned anything does not at all imply your not guilty of disrupting the flow of play. Just how much I couldnt say. I do know that I see far too many people who use lines, not only take too long to get them set but it also creates a situation where they also have to pick up and mark and replace after every putt and often can mean they dont finish out after lag putting. So its not only just about the line matching on the ball to the target spot (which too often does become problematic for a number of those who do it) but is often also associated with adding the other indirectly related flow disruptive elements as well. In my many years playing there are a whole lot of people (not just a few) practicing these methods guilty as charges and it often is at least somewhat slowing down the otherwise would be smoother flow (or pace). But most people do not say anything to the person/people and in fact may even often enough speed up some the things they do themselves to help compensate for the time. The whole thing lends itself to those who do tend to be somewhat a flow disruption to never have any slightest clue that they indeed are or that they just might be. Now place more than one of such person in a given group (say 2, or perhaps 3) and the issue multiplies not even to mention if all 4. Again...im not at all implying your problematic but dont think just because someone is never told that it means they are not. especially when also adding the other things related.

                        Sorry this sems a bit off topic from the ball review thread. But because of the lines on the ball the thread did by default stray a bit into this avenue. So it is in way related to part the ball review imo.
                        Play ready golf. That will solve it.
                        Brian
                        --------------------
                        In my - LUX 2.0 Black / White 14 Way Cart Bag:
                        Driver - F9 9.5* HeLium Proto F5 49g 4X stiff 45"
                        3W - CBX 119 15* HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.0 S
                        2 Hy - CBX 119 20* EvenFlow Black 85 6.0 S
                        4I - ZU85 23* Recoil 95 F4
                        5I-PW - Z765 Recoil 110 F4
                        GW - RTX-4 50* Mid Recoil 110 F4
                        SW - RTX-4 54* Mid Recoil 125 F4
                        LW - RTX-4 58* Full Recoil 125 F4 Proto
                        Grips - MCC +4 Midsize Grey Color
                        Putter - DB2x 34" Pro X 1.32
                        Ball - Q Star Tour


                        2017 THP Regional Rivalry - ILL/MO vs MN/WI Champions sponsored by @ Tournament Club of Iowa Des Moines
                        2018 The Game Changer by with World Long Drive Champion & Tour Pro Jamie Sadlowski @ Talking Stick Resort Scottsdale
                        2018 Shaft Up #3 by @ Olympia Fields Country Club Chicago
                        2018 Shaft Up Finale by @ Mission Inn Club Orlando
                        2019 TEEm Tour Edge Participant
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • I don't think someone is going to be any slower or faster just because they have a line on their ball for putting. If they are in the habit of remarking after every putt, they will continue to do this.

                          Lets get back on track of this ball and not about slow play, we have a thread for slow play already.
                          Driver Maybe something Flash?
                          Fairways Some more awesome Flash?
                          Irons I have no idea what might go in here!!!
                          Wedges probably some MD goodness
                          probably something that rolls awesome
                          an awesone ball

                          Humbled member of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with Callaway.

                          2016 Cleveland Short Game Shootout
                          "Forget the last hole played, you can't change the outcome. Move on."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 2BFAST View Post
                            Play ready golf. That will solve it.
                            It could. But often people tend to forget what ready golf is when it comes to the things they need to do for themselves. Just the nature of that beast.
                            I golf because I can But I stink because I can't

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rollin View Post
                              It could.
                              It will
                              Brian
                              --------------------
                              In my - LUX 2.0 Black / White 14 Way Cart Bag:
                              Driver - F9 9.5* HeLium Proto F5 49g 4X stiff 45"
                              3W - CBX 119 15* HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.0 S
                              2 Hy - CBX 119 20* EvenFlow Black 85 6.0 S
                              4I - ZU85 23* Recoil 95 F4
                              5I-PW - Z765 Recoil 110 F4
                              GW - RTX-4 50* Mid Recoil 110 F4
                              SW - RTX-4 54* Mid Recoil 125 F4
                              LW - RTX-4 58* Full Recoil 125 F4 Proto
                              Grips - MCC +4 Midsize Grey Color
                              Putter - DB2x 34" Pro X 1.32
                              Ball - Q Star Tour


                              2017 THP Regional Rivalry - ILL/MO vs MN/WI Champions sponsored by @ Tournament Club of Iowa Des Moines
                              2018 The Game Changer by with World Long Drive Champion & Tour Pro Jamie Sadlowski @ Talking Stick Resort Scottsdale
                              2018 Shaft Up #3 by @ Olympia Fields Country Club Chicago
                              2018 Shaft Up Finale by @ Mission Inn Club Orlando
                              2019 TEEm Tour Edge Participant
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Snickerdog View Post
                                I don't think someone is going to be any slower or faster just because they have a line on their ball for putting. If they are in the habit of remarking after every putt, they will continue to do this.

                                Lets get back on track of this ball and not about slow play, we have a thread for slow play already.
                                I can agree with the track , but the line/s on the ball are part of the ball review. its like a discussion about truvis on a CS review thread. Ball mark lines do slow plenty people down. many peole do struggle with the line as it can indeed become sort of a daunting process in itself as they try to fixate the line exactly correct. It is a real issue for enough people. i think most anyone plays enough golf with many different folks for long time realize there is a real percentage of players who do fit that bill and sort of struggle with ball lining. The new ball here does have s potential to add some more folks to that percentage.
                                I golf because I can But I stink because I can't

                                Comment

                                Above Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X