Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

The alignment lines aren't for me either. But understand the lines intentionally only cover about 20% off the ball. I turn the ball sideways when putting and never see it.

What I do see is increased distance off the tee and with my short irons. I hit a 3w off the tee to summer driver distance. Yes, that's typed correctly. I see another 5 yards with my 54* and AW.

Greenside performance...Finley said we'd likely see one hop and stop on approach shots. I've been seeing better than that, more like the ball being next to its pitch mark or like 6" of pull back. So more distance for me than either CS option but less greenside action, too. Our greens are soft this time of year so maybe that changes as the weather warms up.

$39.99 ... personally, I'd like to see a bigger price gap between this and the CS line. This ball is probably the right choice for my game but I stumble a bit paying $40 for a non-tour ball. But I'm cheap when it comes to golf balls, so that likely influences this commentary a lot. That said, the ball performs and helps my game and it's definitely in the mix for being my long term gamer.

Yes, all of the ERC Soft balls are made in Chicopee.

Mr. Finley!!!
What is the compression of this ball (if it’s cool to say)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheapens in? Interesting. I put a line on every ball I use and one thing I hate is when the marker comes off on my clubs because of impact. This is something I really like and it’s great if you use a line for putting as well. But then again, not surprised

The lines will be done by the same machines that do Truvis so those lines will not come off.

For this ball, I’m interested to hear more about how they used the graphene in the core... ?

A very similar Graphene Infused Dual SoftFast Core as what is in Chrome Soft. Slightly larger as a result of not having a mantle layer but overall, it is the best engine of a golf ball so we wanted it to be a part of the ERC Soft Golf Ball. Allows us to have maximum performance and distance while still maintaining a soft feel.

I’m not at a place where I can watch the launch videos, I’m supposed to be working... lol

Any word on the compression on this ball... ?

Compression is 60

Only $5 less per dozen than CS/CSX? Seems a bit high to me, but I'm sure Callaway knows marketing and their customer base more than I do!

There is other ways to look at it as well. Think more in the line of what balls will not perform as well as this and what they cost - then it seems like a great deal.

Any word on PAR date?

Compression is 60

Thank you...

Low Compression
3-piece Ball
Hybrid Urethane cover
Attractive price point

Sounds like this ball could be a winner for a lot of golfers....

Thank you...

Low Compression
3-piece Ball
Hybrid Urethane cover
Attractive price point

It is a winner for me!

There is other ways to look at it as well. Think more in the line of what balls will not perform as well as this and what they cost - then it seems like a great deal.
I'm glad you said it this way. It gave me pause...I'm getting way more distance off the tee and a ball that stops at its pitch mark. That's pretty effing huge performance.

how many GD participants used this ball for the competition portion?

Interesting direction here. Not sure the $40 price point would pull me away from my Truvis, but I'm willing to give them a try. I like that you can still set the ball up with the alignment lines hidden.

I think when I'm done with the Truvis train I'll try this out and see how it compares to the CS

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll definitely give these a shot (especially early in the season when things are soft here).

I like using the Pelz O-balls for my indoor putting, but they feel awful. If nothing else these will be a great replacement there for me.

So this will be a better ball than the Tour Soft at a slightly higher price based on the Construction alone. Graphine in the core, 3 piece and Hybrid Cover

Thank you...

Low Compression
3-piece Ball
Hybrid Urethane cover
Attractive price point

It's very likely going to be my gamer ball. Sadly I burned through a dozen of them already, so I'm dry. But I'll have more of these in play this year.

I did, and I think 2 or 3 other guys did.

Only $5 less per dozen than CS/CSX? Seems a bit high to me, but I'm sure Callaway knows marketing and their customer base more than I do!

not really any different than what another manufacturer is doing with their line. I know most will immediately see the price point and pause a bit, but if the tech is there then i would think that is reflected in the cost.

I like how this ball is bridging the gap between the SuperSoft users who can't get all the perfomance out of the Chrome Soft line. I'll grab a dozen and try them out for sure

I think most of us gave it a try and I didn't expect it to perform as well as it did, especially off the tee. And it's still nice around the greens.

Cant get past the "Alignment Aids"...looks to cheapen the ball and doesnt scream $40/dozen...no thanks

To be honest when I first saw the presentation at Callaway I had mixed feelings as to if I would like it a lot, but then I actually saw the ball and I fell in love, not to mention that it made lining up putts a lot easier and I felt I made more putts on the first day at the Hideaway using it. They know it's not for everyone and like @mpeterson said about Phil Mickelson, that's one of the reason they did it only on half the ball.

I used it for part of day 2

I only used it for one hole and have posted my results with it. My reasoning was that this ball was in reasonably tight supply at #TheGrandaddy compared to the CS so I wanted to save them for when I got back home, especially with as much water as there was on the Dye Course out there. :smile:

I used it on singles day. I'm stuck in a couple meetings, but will share my thoughts a bit later.

Back