Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

Comment wasn’t about the ball....

I got what you meant.
The 3 lines had to make it super easy to line putts up then feel lost trying to line up without the lines.

I think the 3 lines are a great idea and I imagine you will see more companies doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got what you meant.
The 3 lines had to make it super easy to line putts up then feel lost trying to line up without the lines.

I think the 3 lines are a great idea and I imagine you will see more companies doing it

I’m someone who cuts the stroke short from time to time leading to an inconsistent stroke. The lines help me focus on finishing my hands ahead of the ball on the line I want

I’m someone who cuts the stroke short from time to time leading to an inconsistent stroke. The lines help me focus on finishing my hands ahead of the ball on the line I want

That makes perfect sense. I am thinking about drawing 3 lines on my ball tomorrow when I play, I can see this helping putting a lot

I like the triple track alignment, as one who struggles the most on the green due to alignment this is fantastic.

Also using the alignment off the tee for aiming purposes I like this as well.

The new cover is interesting, I would love to see how it performs greenside.

I wish I could struggle like you do on the greens. You're a fantastic putter!

I laughed at Triple Track Technology ... they are lines on a ball, lol.
I too find this interesting, BUT how many people do you know who draw lines on their ball... I know heaps , and now they don't have to

The simplest ideas are often the best.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Tapatalk

I too find this interesting, BUT how many people do you know who draw lines on their ball... I know heaps , and now they don't have to

The simplest ideas are often the best.

Oh, it's a great idea, but the name? lol

Can someone (who knows) help me out here please. Is this a replacement for the supersoft? Or is it a new line entirely?

People always quote "it's a three-piece" assuming that I know what that means in terms of performance.

Would any pro consider using it? And if not why not?

Can someone (who knows) help me out here please. Is this a replacement for the supersoft? Or is it a new line entirely?

People always quote "it's a three-piece" assuming that I know what that means in terms of performance.

Would any pro consider using it? And if not why not?

No sir. There is a new supersoft coming out as well as the Magna. This is a separate line.

Being this is how I mark my non-Truvis balls, I am liking the triple line markings.

d64a2c741fe17bd0db1cb49f8c8a5fb9.jpg

I don’t know about others, but three lines helps me a ton lining up shots. I use this for drives and putting.

You are always a winner... Mr. Finley... I’m well versed in that fact...

I seem to remember it a little differently #Hype :).

Seriously interested in trying this ball and love the triple track.

I seem to remember it a little differently #Hype :).

Seriously interested in trying this ball and love the triple track.

Show off...

Not for me.

The alignment aid is great for those who like it and for them, I'm actually glad that a major manufacturer has offered what appears to be such an effective option as it pertains to alignment.

For me though, I hate anything bold. I tee my ball with blank spot facing me and I place my ball on the green the same. Blank, no logo nor markings, just dimples.

Performance and its fit notwithstanding, I'd never give it a chance. Just an issue of personal preference.

I think I would probably like putting with the lines. Lower spin though is not what I am looking for.

how many GD participants used this ball for the competition portion?

I used it a lot on Thursday during singles. My thought process was since the course was a lot softer that day due to rain, I wanted a ball that could possibly go a little bit farther, and with greens being soft I figured I wasn’t giving up much spin as I’m not one to have a ball do a lot of dancing once it lands on the green.

So, was there a mix of balls in-play during the Grandaddy this year? For those who have played the AVX, how similar are these??? Any adjustments needed between balls for distance off irons/wedges? Driver distance gains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Being this is how I mark my non-Truvis balls, I am liking the triple line markings.

d64a2c741fe17bd0db1cb49f8c8a5fb9.jpg

I don’t know about others, but three lines helps me a ton lining up shots. I use this for drives and putting.

I'm not a person who uses a line in my ball because I always had trouble lining it up properly and then second guessed of I had it correct but the 3 line system makes it easy easier to get it lined up the right way.

If they brought it to the Chrome Soft I'd be all over it.

So, was there a mix of balls in-play during the Grandaddy this year? For those who have played the AVX, how similar are these??? Any adjustments needed between balls for distance off irons/wedges? Driver distance gains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t have a ton of experience with the AVX but have played it a few times. Despite the ERC having a different cover type I’ve had comparable if not better spin on short games shots with the ERC.

I don’t have enough rounds with each played to compare full shots in great detail. But definitely a couple extra yards.

I am way more interested in trying these than I thought I would be.

I am way more interested in trying these than I thought I would be.

I think it's a ball that will surprise some people if they give it a chance. As we got to the end of the season here I threw some surlyn balls in play because I was losing them in the leaves. Having pretty much played a urethane ball exclusively for the past few years I kept rolling the ball way past where I wanted to go on chips and pitches. I didn't see that at the Hideaway or since I got back with these. The super-creative types with the wedge might prefer going elsewhere since they're doing a ton of trajectory/spin modification but as someone who plays a pretty straightforward wedge game, these did pretty much everything I asked of them.

I think it's a ball that will surprise some people if they give it a chance. As we got to the end of the season here I threw some surlyn balls in play because I was losing them in the leaves. Having pretty much played a urethane ball exclusively for the past few years I kept rolling the ball way past where I wanted to go on chips and pitches. I didn't see that at the Hideaway or since I got back with these. The super-creative types with the wedge might prefer going elsewhere since they're doing a ton of trajectory/spin modification but as someone who plays a pretty straightforward wedge game, these did pretty much everything I asked of them.

Yeah, I’m not Phil and I don’t pretend to be. This is awesome stuff and I think this could be a really great ball for My game.

Thank you for wording it that way! I’ve been struggling to find the right way to say that. This ball is just about perfect for me, my stopping a ball relies almost completely on trajectory, not spin. The low flying ball is never going to stop for me, not until I learn that shot. So this ball does everything I need.

I can’t speak for anyone, but I find that many of the players I have played with, myself included, more often then not hit approach shots, chips, and putts short of the hole or flagstick when landing greens on too many occasions. This is one of the things I have been working on by using the Arrcos sensors, but I still hit short too many times. I wonder if many of the “every other week” type players would get a bigger benefit from a ball with a little extra roll out versus the better spin ball with more stopping tendencies? Love the Chrome Soft, but if this ball gives me a little more roll toward the flagstick with the more preferred soft feel, I would be a happy golfer.

Back