Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

Phil75070

Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 #TheGrandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
This thread will serve as the place for reviews and discussions about the new Callaway ERC Soft golf ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ERC Soft is Callaway’s “Longest Ball With Soft Feel”. It uses a new hybrid cover. This innovative new cover material delivers performance between traditional ionomer and urethane. It’s engineered to promote long distance and increased spin with incredibly soft feel.

It utilizes a Graphene Dual SoftFast Core. The large, Graphene-infused Dual SoftFast Core delivers faster ball speed, high launch and low spin on full shots for longer distance and increased greenside control.

It also incorporates Triple Track Technology for improved alignment.

9699e47b26762a36ffaacc65b7bc45c0.jpg

6940775ae51fd94a8d5cfb7d6e507086.jpg

This is my new gamer ball

3c152b4fa81a4c02b41b229acd81701e.jpg
9ca194d7f88ac35270299cda0838ee8e.jpg

Due to the weather since getting back from #TheGrandaddy I have had limited opportunity to use the ball here. Just to give you an idea of performance, I pulled it out and hit it on the last hole we played on Singles Day on the Clive Clark course at #TheGrandaddy. It was, by far, my longest drive of the day. It was a 309 yard par 4 and after my drive I had about 60 yards into the pin! Approaching 250 yards off the tee is a long, long drive for me and it was not even wind aided! My approach with a ¾ 56° wedge hit just right of the pin and rolled out maybe 4-5 feet so I did see a little more roll-out with it than I saw all day with the Chrome Soft. Keep in mind I am definitely not a high spin player by any means as my fitting two days before clearly pointed out. So that amount of roll out, not coming in very high, is acceptable to me and something I believe I can compensate for.

Diggin the alignment aid!!

What's the price on these?

ERC Soft Initial Review

This is a pretty amazing ball, especially with the triple track technology. It’s a 3 piece with infused graphene with a hybrid cover. I used this ball on the first day at the Hideaway. It’s a long ball for sure. I saw the most distance increase on the irons. I mostly enjoyed the triple track technology. I will be honest. I did not think I would like it, but after rolling a couple of putts, it really helps and I like it. I prefer using the factory alignment aid on the ball for putts, and this helps more with focus on where you are going and where you are striking the ball on putts. The ball feels smooth and soft off the putter as well as the driver, fwy woods and irons. The good thing about it is you really don’t lose spin greenside, which I know will be a lot of people concerns but what I saw with the ball when using it is that I could stop it with very little rollout to no rollout. I didn’t spin any back, but that is ok with me. I still have some of these left and want to see how they perform in warmer temps, but this will be at the top of my list for gamers along with the CS. First impression of this ball is that it is a go for me and that I would absolutely use it again and use it as a full time gamer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not sure how I like the alignment lines but if the ball performs I'm sure I could get used to them.

Is this supposed to spin less than the CS and CSX? And also what does ERC stand for?

Wow a bold statement with the alignment aid. I like it! no more sharpies haha

Is this supposed to spin less than the CS and CSX? And also what does ERC stand for?

Ely Reeves Callaway

I love the alignment aid and the story. Will be trying these out for sure.

Cant get past the "Alignment Aids"...looks to cheapen the ball and doesnt scream $40/dozen...no thanks

Im intrigued by the cover material, but not a fan of the triple track at first sight. Will be giving it a try though.

I very much like the looks of the ball with the alignment aid. I mark mine up all the time, so now I wouldn’t have to. Will try these out for sure.

So are they Made in the US? I didn't see any indication on the box.

Last edited:
Cant get past the "Alignment Aids"...looks to cheapen the ball and doesnt scream $40/dozen...no thanks

I have no idea if I'll play this ball long term this season or if I'll go Chrome Soft but the biggest selling point to me was actually the alignment lines. I loved how easy it made it to line up the ball vs. the traditional 1 line. I cant believe a company hasn't done it before.

One of the things that was mentioned is that they knew not everyone would like the alignment aid. In fact, Phil mentioned that he didn't like the alignment aid on longer putts, but liked it on shorter putts. So, if you look at the picture of the balls in the box, the alignment aid was designed so you could set the ball at address and not see it.

I like the triple track alignment, as one who struggles the most on the green due to alignment this is fantastic.

Also using the alignment off the tee for aiming purposes I like this as well.

The new cover is interesting, I would love to see how it performs greenside.

Sorry if this is a question that has been asked...
Is this a 3-piece ball, and what is the materials that make up the cover?

I like the triple track alignment, as one who struggles the most on the green due to alignment this is fantastic.

Also using the alignment off the tee for aiming purposes I like this as well.

The new cover is interesting, I would love to see how it performs greenside.

I had similar thoughts on the tee game. I try to swing out to right field and have those lines could be a nice aid.

Sorry if this is a question that has been asked...
Is this a 3-piece ball, and what is the materials that make up the cover?

Ttucliffhanger said 3 piece. All I've seen is just "hybrid cover" with performance between ionomer and urethane. Wonder what specific material it is though.

Im intrigued by the cover material, but not a fan of the triple track at first sight. Will be giving it a try though.

It's a bold statement no question. It's only on one side of the ball for those that don't like the looks. In my limited experience I saw a huge improvement on my lines using it.

Cheapens in? Interesting. I put a line on every ball I use and one thing I hate is when the marker comes off on my clubs because of impact. This is something I really like and it’s great if you use a line for putting as well. But then again, not surprised

Back