Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

For this ball, I’m interested to hear more about how they used the graphene in the core... ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ttucliffhanger said 3 piece. All I've seen is just "hybrid cover" with performance between ionomer and urethane. Wonder what specific material it is though.

It's designed to be a blend of performance yes. I don't recall exactly what the cover material is though.

Sorry if this is a question that has been asked...
Is this a 3-piece ball, and what is the materials that make up the cover?

Its a hybrid blend of materials. Will spin slightly less than Chrome Soft around the green.

Cheapens in? Interesting. I put a line on every ball I use and one thing I hate is when the marker comes off on my clubs because of impact. This is something I really like and it’s great if you use a line for putting as well. But then again, not surprised

Cheapens it probably harsh... It does make look really busy at address. I’ll reserve judgement until I buy a dozen. It would take a lot to get me to give up the Chrome Soft or Z-Star.

Is this a lower compression ball? Like in the 60 range?

Cheapens in? Interesting. I put a line on every ball I use and one thing I hate is when the marker comes off on my clubs because of impact. This is something I really like and it’s great if you use a line for putting as well. But then again, not surprised

yes, 3 lines, lines all over makes it look like some ball I bought rated AA from lost golfballs.com that some guy marked up with his pen.

But I say all of this as just my 2 cents (since Im allowed to have an opinion) and should preface by saying I dont mark the golf balls with lines, nor do I play truvis so it may just not be for me (and thats ok)

yes, 3 lines, lines all over makes it look like some ball I bought rated AA from lost golfballs.com that some guy marked up with his pen.

But I say all of this as just my 2 cents (since Im allowed to have an opinion) and should preface by saying I dont mark the golf balls with lines, nor do I play truvis so it may just not be for me (and thats ok)

If your not someone who marks the ball i wouldn’t expect this to appeal to you (and that’s ok). I was skeptical of the three lines and being different colors but once i got to putting with it I felt lost without it going back to something else

Its a hybrid blend of materials. Will spin slightly less than Chrome Soft around the green.

I’m not at a place where I can watch the launch videos, I’m supposed to be working... lol

Any word on the compression on this ball... ?

I saw pics of this in yellow. Will yellow be offered? I don’t see any yellow option on the Cally site.

I am of the same opinion. When I have to mark a ball for tournament play, it is just a 1 dimple dot with a silver sharpie by the ball number.

Meh. The three lines isn't for me. Brings back memories of some of the older Bridgestone balls (IIRC) that had some two line arrow thing going on. I actually found it harder to line up. I'm a single line guy. And honestly, last year, I stopped lining up with the alignment aids on the ball. I was getting far too technical with it.

~Rock

I really like the alignment lines on this ball and I am really looking forward to giving them a try.

This is my new gamer ball

3c152b4fa81a4c02b41b229acd81701e.jpg
9ca194d7f88ac35270299cda0838ee8e.jpg

I’m definitely going to be dumping the 3 dz pro v1s I have to play this new ball. Off the new-ish face insert, the total feel of the combo is perfect.

I don't mark a line on the ball, so to me this is not appealing at all. I understand the purpose and it makes sense for some, but just looking at the initial pics, it is just a turnoff.

I got a chance to play a round on the GCQuad with a pre-production version of this ball and it’s really good! The feel was great and the performance around the greens just as good as the ProV1s that are normally in the hitting bays. I’m confident that this ball will be my new gamer in 2019!

It’s a fantastic putting aid! I enjoy having something like this on a golf ball.

I understand they will be $39.99, so a little less expensive than the CS and CS-X.
Only $5 less per dozen than CS/CSX? Seems a bit high to me, but I'm sure Callaway knows marketing and their customer base more than I do!

Interesting alignment

As someone who has gotten up there in years and has become somewhat "distance challenged", I enjoy the fact that I can now play a "distance" ball with soft feel. I mainly use alignment aids on the tee, not so much on the greens so the fact that the alignment lines are only around 1/2 the ball gives me all the options. As far as spin, I think I am, fortunately, good enough to compensate for differences in spin between this ball and the CS on both full shots and those chips and pitches around the green. I have a significant number of Callaway reward points and can't wait until they show up in the Rewards store so I can stock up on them! I can't ignore the tremendous increase in distance I get with this ball and the Epic Flash driver alone due to a little thing like alignment lines.

I understand they will be $39.99, so a little less expensive than the CS and CS-X.

Do you think it would be a fair to say the ERC -> CS/CSX comparison is similar to the QST -> Z-Star/ XV one? Just to get an idea of the differences (I don't normally like comparing company to company, but this one sort of feels the closest to me)

Is this supposed to spin less than the CS and CSX? And also what does ERC stand for?

Ely Reeves Callaway

Is this supposed to spin less than the CS and CSX? And also what does ERC stand for?

This ball will spin less than CS/CSX for most in most conditions. ERC Stands for Ely Reeves Callaway who was our founder.

This ball will spin less than CS/CSX for most in most conditions. ERC Stands for Ely Reeves Callaway who was our founder.

Thanks for response. The R threw me a bit. But I’m definitely interested in trying out the ERC in 2019!

Back