2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

Quick question; If I wanted to use a different shaft. I would have to change to the new adapter rather than the last years adapter, correct?

That’s correct. Only driver uses the same as last years

Pulled the trigger on a 3W. Had to take advantage of the trade-in bonus with two Rogue fairways sitting in my backup bag. I hooked the heck out of my Rogue 3W, so I hope that changes here. But I'm most excited about having an adjustable 3W to take on the glued hosel EX 10 Beta.

Anyone pickup the Heavenwood? Or test it versus the 5W?

I didn't get any additional distance using the Rogue HWood vs. 5W.
In fact, my 5W was longer.

Pulled the trigger on a 3W. Had to take advantage of the trade-in bonus with two Rogue fairways sitting in my backup bag. I hooked the heck out of my Rogue 3W, so I hope that changes here. But I'm most excited about having an adjustable 3W to take on the glued hosel EX 10 Beta.

Anyone pickup the Heavenwood? Or test it versus the 5W?
I have heard multiple people say they have had trouble out of the Rogue line going left but I had never hit the rogue line prior to getting the Flash line. This 3w and 5w are by far some of the easiest fairway woods to hit. Hands down!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have heard multiple people say they have had trouble out of the Rogue line going left but I had never hit the rogue line prior to getting the Flash line. This 3w and 5w are by far some of the easiest fairway woods to hit. Hands down!

As a poor fairway wood player I must agree! I am actually becoming good at hitting fairway woods and I owe it to these clubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to finally swinging my 3 and 7 wood next week in Vegas, Will have a Swing Caddie, I just traded for to give me some good numbers. The Rogues were definitely a draw club for me out at ECPC and Hideaway the 3 wood was straight and long.

I didn't get any additional distance using the Rogue HWood vs. 5W.
In fact, my 5W was longer.

As a poor fairway wood player I must agree! I am actually becoming good at hitting fairway woods and I owe it to these clubs!

Thanks, guys!

I've historically gone with HW over the 5W for the added loft and forgiveness, but I've been tempted on the 5W and its smaller footprint. Would you say the 5W is easy to launch?

Thanks, guys!

I've historically gone with HW over the 5W for the added loft and forgiveness, but I've been tempted on the 5W and its smaller footprint. Would you say the 5W is easy to launch?

I only took one swing with it at ECPC, and it got up there for me. But I also don't have any issues getting height with the 3W. Generally I find the Flash (standard) fairways easy to elevate.

Thanks, guys!

Yes. I have hit 5 woods since I have been golfing. This launches just as good as the 3w and is easy to hit off the deck and off the tee. I like the fact that it launches fairly quick or maybe that is just my swing and even though it launches quick it still carries a long way.

That’s correct. Only driver uses the same as last years

Thank you. I checked with Will Peoples and he won't have any for a couple of weeks.

Thank you. I checked with Will Peoples and he won't have any for a couple of weeks.

JD'S Clubs in MN has them as I have had several converted.

Looking forward to finally swinging my 3 and 7 wood next week in Vegas, Will have a Swing Caddie, I just traded for to give me some good numbers. The Rogues were definitely a draw club for me out at ECPC and Hideaway the 3 wood was straight and long.

Interested to see what kind of #'s you get with the 7W. I need a new 7W.

Thanks, guys!

I put a Sub Zero 5 wood in the bag and haven't had any issues getting it to launch. That was something I was a little afraid of off the deck but from the little I've been able to hit it I haven't had any concern.

I put a Sub Zero 5 wood in the bag and haven't had any issues getting it to launch. That was something I was a little afraid of off the deck but from the little I've been able to hit it I haven't had any concern.

Kev you came from the Rogue right? Would you say the Rogue was more draw biased than the EFSZ? How would you compare the left/right flights between them?

I'll ask the same question to ArmyGolf if you see this, how would you compare the left/right flight compared to the Alpha 816? I'm curious if you are seeing the same thing I am or maybe I need to change up the shafts.

Thanks, guys!

Absolutely! I'll choose 5w off the deck over the 3w unless into a very measurable wind.

Absolutely! I'll choose 5w off the deck over the 3w unless into a very measurable wind.

Tom Watson commented on a Callaway Live show last year about how amateur players should be using a 5W from the Fairway.
To paraphrase he said the 3W is harder to hit and the loft of the 5W gets the ball in the air.

Kev you came from the Rogue right? Would you say the Rogue was more draw biased than the EFSZ? How would you compare the left/right flights between them?

I'll ask the same question to ArmyGolf if you see this, how would you compare the left/right flight compared to the Alpha 816? I'm curious if you are seeing the same thing I am or maybe I need to change up the shafts.

Yep, I sure did. I would say the Rogue did have a little more draw flight to it for me, the Flash so far has seemed to just want to go straight. I never had any issues with hooking the Rogue though, just a nice little draw. I'm thinking back to Decemember and can think of a few really nice shots I hit with the Flash and my memory is that they went very straight with maybe just a slight draw.

Tom Watson commented on a Callaway Live show last year about how amateur players should be using a 5W from the Fairway.
To paraphrase he said the 3W is harder to hit and the loft of the 5W gets the ball in the air.

The only 3W I've ever hit off the deck with any success is the one I currently have in the bag. But 9/10 I still deferred to the HW. I just needed the added loft, which is why I've gone HW in the past. I'm intrigued by the 5W, and with the right 4H in the bag, I'd probably prefer it over the HW.

5W on the way. :act-up:

With the trade-in bonuses, I'm paying only $80 out of pocket plus tax for the 3W and 5W combined. Had to jump on that!

I'm also happy with this too because now I can bump my driver fitting back until my swing is consistent again.

Received my Flash 3 wood today. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to Rogue.

I got the 5 wood on order. Wanted to try something with more launch than the 3 wood this time.

I got the 5 wood on order. Wanted to try something with more launch than the 3 wood this time.

Keep in mind these are adjustable and loft can be increased up to 2*.

Keep in mind these are adjustable and loft can be increased up to 2*.

I know but, thanks for the heads up!

The 3W is just money off the tee, an absolute fairway finder. Forgiveness and distance are quite impressive.

Sorry if this has been mentioned at all, but can you move the weights in the SZ Fairways?

Back