2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

Looking at putting in an order for a 3 wood. Anyone have any experience with the Evenflow Black shaft? I am torn between this and the Tensei AV.

Looking at putting in an order for a 3 wood. Anyone have any experience with the Evenflow Black shaft? I am torn between this and the Tensei AV.

given what you've already toyed with, I'd do EF Black.

given what you've already toyed with, I'd do EF Black.

I am coming from a Pro Blue in TX. Which, while it worked, was a little more stout than I would like. The Evenflow line, from what I hear, is pretty smooth. I tried the evenflow blue last year and didn't care much for it. The black should be a bit tighter though. Since I am jumping in relatively blind, I think that you are right. I am a little worried about the AV being a touch loose.

I am coming from a Pro Blue in TX. Which, while it worked, was a little more stout than I would like. The Evenflow line, from what I hear, is pretty smooth. I tried the evenflow blue last year and didn't care much for it. The black should be a bit tighter though. Since I am jumping in relatively blind, I think that you are right. I am a little worried about the AV being a touch loose.

I've had HZRDUS Yellow, EF Blue, EF Black, and AV Blue driver shafts in the last year...

I'd also agree that the blue was just a bit too loose for me.

The black was a step in the right direction, but I'm enjoying the EF White in my current 3W quite a bit more.

I ordered an EF SZ 5W last week and went with the HZRDUS Yellow FWIW.

I have tried the Evenflow black in 65g X-stiff for driver and 85G X-stiff for hybrids. The driver shaft was quite stout feeling and surprised me as it felt so different from the EF Blue. I don't know how to describe that one as it felt like it was from a different family than the EF Blues and less smooth. The EF Black for the hybrids feel more lively while remaining stout. What head are you going to put this in?

I've had HZRDUS Yellow, EF Blue, EF Black, and AV Blue driver shafts in the last year...

I'd also agree that the blue was just a bit too loose for me.

The black was a step in the right direction, but I'm enjoying the EF White in my current 3W quite a bit more.

I ordered an EF SZ 5W last week and went with the HZRDUS Yellow FWIW.

That thought crossed my mind. I had tried it in a Ping G400 last year and found it to be solid. I am trying to keep my 3 wood shaft a little more on the loose side. When my swing is on, I can handle the Pro Blue TX. When it's off (as it currently is), I find that I am more tentative and tend to slow down to correct things. I am hoping the Evenflow Black will be a good middle ground shaft. My buddy has a TS3 3 wood with the Evenflow T1100. From the few times I hit it, it does feel nice and smooth.

I put the order in with the Evenflow Black. I am just going to commit. I will drive myself crazy otherwise. If it doesn't work out, there are a ton of stock shaft options that I can pick up second hand for cheap.

I have tried the Evenflow black in 65g X-stiff for driver and 85G X-stiff for hybrids. The driver shaft was quite stout feeling and surprised me as it felt so different from the EF Blue. I don't know how to describe that one as it felt like it was from a different family than the EF Blues and less smooth. The EF Black for the hybrids feel more lively while remaining stout. What head are you going to put this in?

It'll be the Epic Flash SZ 3 wood.

It'll be the Epic Flash SZ 3 wood.

Cool. Looks like you took the plunge. If the EF Black doesnt work out and you want to test a couple of shaft, let me know. I have an Atmos TS Black 75G X-flex in 3-wood length (TM adapter) and a GD AD GP - 7X that I am about to install a Callaway adapter to.

I love my Flash Sub Zero 3 wood. It's just a straight rocket launcher.

That's what I am hoping to get back! I had an Epic SZ for a while, which I loved, and an 815 Alpha before that. The 917F3 is a fine fairway wood. But, I just miss that Callaway feel.

@KEV, what shafts are you rocking in your woods?

That's what I am hoping to get back! I had an Epic SZ for a while, which I loved, and an 815 Alpha before that. The 917F3 is a fine fairway wood. But, I just miss that Callaway feel.

@KEV, what shafts are you rocking in your woods?

I have these in all of the woods

50cd2669e76e0873b438c034a6295852.jpg

It's what I was fit in to at a driver fitting a few years ago and have just stuck with it.

I have these in all of the woods

50cd2669e76e0873b438c034a6295852.jpg

It's what I was fit in to at a driver fitting a few years ago and have just stuck with it.

I had one in my driver a couple years ago. It is a great shaft.

Order placed and confirmed. Love Discount Dan's!

The EF black should be a softer smoother version of the Hzrdus smoke or that is what the rep told me.

The EF black should be a softer smoother version of the Hzrdus smoke or that is what the rep told me.
That would fit the bill for what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Used these 3 times today off the tee. Only time using a 5w was on a short par 4, found fairway. Other two times were with 3w and both times I actually put a little draw on the shot, which was great except I aimed left side of fairway expecting it to react like the driver, so they found rough.

Not used to drawing FWs, but if this is my normal shot shape for the 3w, I’ll take it. 5w feels easier to hit for me, so it could be a good substitute off the tee until I feel more confident expecting a slight draw with the 3w.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I played I hit my best shot yet with the EF 3wd: perfect draw into the wind and finished about 240yds from tee right at the end of the primary fairway. It was one for the personal highlight reel.

I had some wind to deal with on some tee shots that put my 3 and 5 in play on second shots. The face on these are hot. I get the feeling that the ball is jumping off the face with each hit.

Off the deck I have no problem hitting these and again I love the ball flight I’m seeing.

Hitting the 3+ off the tee a couple of times and I’m getting solid numbers for me to set up my second shots..

I can’t wait to get the heavenwood in the bag.

2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

Oops wrong thread

I've got a couple of rounds in with the EF SZ 3 wood now. I've used it off the tee a handful of times and off the deck maybe twice.

I'm a huge fan. It is ridiculously long and feels amazing. I ordered it with the Evenflow Black which is pairing very well with it for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Used the EF 3W a few times off the tee as a driver alternative and was not disappointed. 2/3 with the miss being through the split fairway on #13. Going to start using this club as a secondary tee option on more holes.

Double post but I can't help myself. This thing is a straight weapon off the tee. High long bombs for me paired with the HZRDUS Yellow 75. Used it twice in league and was rewarded with a decent shot on both (one just off the FW - still learning to trust it), which were tight holes. Length is relative, but I will say that this one is fairly long. Have yet to hit it off the deck but loving what I'm seeing so far.

Put the 816 in the bag yesterday and then played this today. Epic Flash is a beast, noticeably longer, even though I have a harder time hitting a draw with it. Seeing a piercing ball with just a touch of fade but low spin.

The fairway wood has been, historically, the worst club in the bag. Couple swing changes have me a bit more comfortable in that spot, and I've really grown to love this club. It's fantastic off the tee when I have to hit a yardage. Pretty much just wants to go straight. I haven't hit it off of the deck so much, as the par 5s at the courses I've been playing are a bit more station-to-station, but my experiences with that shot at the range have been good.

It's been really nice to not have to go all the way down to 3h distance off the tee when driver is too much or the hole is tight.

I have a heavenwood waiting on me when I get home. I can’t wait to put it into play.

Back