2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

Could some please post a pic of the non sub zero 3 wood with a ball at address, please?

In the beginning of 2018 I upgrade my prior fairway woods to get a pair of Rogue 3W and 5W, had an idea of my shaft flex and just look over the shaft options and made a pick from those. I enjoyed having two of the same kind of FWs for the first time ever and it made going from one club to the next during a round an easier transition. Those clubs gave me more confidence off the deck and tee box, as I took the driver out of my bag in 2018. That will change in 2019, but it will be great to have a driver and fairway wood set that matches all throughout with having all in the Epic Flash.

d601b4126f9ea21c70250126763fbefe.jpg

68567251728b8cdb88273fb939c98bc8.jpg

My fitter went with the same shaft to keep consistency (HZRDUS Smoke, X-Stiff) so all 3 clubs are the same. Since my hybrid gained me about 15 yards, they went -1/D in both my 15* 3W and 18* 5W to help with pushes to the right. This was the first time the FWs have adjustability and it’ll be cool to try them out on the range to see how each setting changes the ball flight and distance for me.

I used the 3W off the tee early on during The Grandaddy, as I wasn’t fully committed to swinging the driver the entire round just yet. That changed once I got more comfortable with the driver, but the times I did use them I was getting the same feel and a little more distance. Off center hits still felt great and even went farther than I expected they’d go. I used them a few times on the range once I got home as well and feel the distance is very similar, and maybe a few yards longer than my Rogue clubs, but I have no yardages to compare. The sound feels more crisps with the Epic Flash, but that’s not a knock against either club. I actually really liked the sound of the Rogue, when I really connected on them, to me it felt like a loud piece of wood making that “cracking” sound. Best example in my mind but want to hit them side by side to compare sounds.

3e351d0a723b497214f6b7424b5b5bae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping to answer the post above

I love my Epic 3 wood, but didn't like the feel of the Rogue 3 wood at all. Bought one and took it to the range once before selling it on ebay.

I think it might have been the hosel adapter feel that made the difference for me.

Can anyone compare the original Epic 2 wood vs. the Epic Flash.

I don't need any extra yardage out of the Flash. I would probably only make a change if it were to add forgivability.

Did anyone at the Grandaddy go with a Heavenwood instead of a hybrid for that spot in the bag?

I asked about hitting it but the fitter couldn't find one in the bags so he kind of built something similar and I hit it okay. Not helpful to you probably but I'd still like to try the Heavenwood at some point.

Is there a 7W available in the fairways or is it just 3 and 5

At one point during on of the lines they had an 11 wood. I’d imagine they offer a 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There’s a heavenwood option but not sure if it is the same loft if the 7w.

I know they are offering an 8 wood (The Ocho) but I'm not sure if they have each number, 3-8.

These have my full attention. I'm playing a pretty old 3W and am due to upgrade. Really like what I see and hear on these. Gonna have to hit em for sure.

These have my full attention. I'm playing a pretty old 3W and am due to upgrade. Really like what I see and hear on these. Gonna have to hit em for sure.
Let's just say they found a way to sneak rocket fuel into these. Every swing throws so on it and . Haha!
No in all seriousness, you'll really enjoy these. Excellent off the turf and easy to launch.

I know they are offering an 8 wood (The Ocho) but I'm not sure if they have each number, 3-8.

Thanks for the reply, I replaced my 3 and 5 already, and would like to replace the 7 also.

I’ve got an old GBB 5 wood that could be a little nervous with the release of these. Any thoughts of the SZ 5w as a replacement. Or even the standard one. Did anyone come from the older stuff into the flash?

"The Ocho" is the Big Bertha hybrid.

I’ve got an old GBB 5 wood that could be a little nervous with the release of these. Any thoughts of the SZ 5w as a replacement. Or even the standard one. Did anyone come from the older stuff into the flash?

I had a GBB 3 wood that I played for two seasons and absolutely loved it. I would say the Flash easily outperforms it in every area. Forgiveness is much better and I get a pretty solid distance gain as well.

Thanks for the reply, I replaced my 3 and 5 already, and would like to replace the 7 also.
Golf Galaxy lists the Flash fairways as having a HW, 7W, and 9W.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just went up and hit it at Golf Galaxy. It felt pretty good.

I picked up 2-3mph of ball speed compared to my Epic, but my dispersion wasn't any better so I will probably stick with what I have.

I definitely liked it more than the Rogue 3W.

Purchased a 3W and Heavenwood today. They will be replacing the original Epic version of those clubs. The Epic's have been the best fairways I've every played and now hoping the Flash versions continue that streak. Keeping the old Epic's though just in case!

2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

The 3w was money off the tee and deck today

I am very tempted to try the SZ three wood, but currently play the X2 Hot Pro and am concerned about the increase in head size for off the deck shots.

Great reviews guys. I’m really looking forward to trying the 7 wood or heaven wood to put in my hybrid spot.

Purchased a 3W and Heavenwood today. They will be replacing the original Epic version of those clubs. The Epic's have been the best fairways I've every played and now hoping the Flash versions continue that streak. Keeping the old Epic's though just in case!
I have never hit the original EPIC fairways but these things are money!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This 3w is silly good. This is the easiest 3w to hit off the tee I’ve had in years. The distance is very solid. It’s super easy to hit off the tees. Just an all around winner.

So at the end of last year I finally got the Rogue 3W that really fit me and hit 200+ yards off the SIM yesterday. I had a ball speed of 124 which matches some of my Flash Driver Ball speeds.

Thinking of taking up the 50% trade in bonus and picking up a Flash 3W just for the adjustable hosel alone let alone some additional distance. I have 75 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 in my Rogue now and would just get the same shaft in a 6.0.

Some of the YouTube reviewers have backed up what the Grandaddy team have described of their experience of this club, “Just Amazing”

Back