2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

I cant wait for yall to start receiving your equipment so we can see how you react to it on the course!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Me either. Hearing of folks starting to receive preorders that on the 4th. Mine was thru retail store. I still haven’t decided on Driver shaft or Irons yet? I’ll be away next week so anything will have to wait until next weekend. That’s OK cold and snow now so there’s that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of feel like the Flash FWs are flying under the radar. They are really good. Don’t sleep on this one people.

I kind of feel like the Flash FWs are flying under the radar. They are really good. Don’t sleep on this one people.

not planning on it. i want to get fit. but i’m thinking flash 3w with ef green 65 6.0, and flash sz 5w just not sure what shaft maybe ef blue or atmos red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Already planning on a 3W! Love the adjustability combined with Jailbreak AND Flash Face. Just need to be fit.

not planning on it. i want to get fit. but i’m thinking flash 3w with ef green 65 6.0, and flash sz 5w just not sure what shaft maybe ef blue or atmos red.
Nice. Why not the same shaft in both as your driver?

Same setup I’ve been pondering on the 3W. Lofted up at least 1.

Will be paying attention to your fitting.

Nice. Why not the same shaft in both as your driver?

different goals for each. watched a vid recently where a fitter said it’s not often he recommends the same.

different goals for each. watched a vid recently where a fitter said it’s not often he recommends the same.
Interesting. My fitter put me in the same shaft...I didn’t even hit the 3W during my fitting.

Interesting. My fitter put me in the same shaft...I didn’t even hit the 3W during my fitting.

driver and 3w make sense. but 5w would have a different goal.

Random Q for my Grandaddy alumni brethren....

Do you all find these fairways (standard) to be as draw oriented as the Rogue?

A couple weeks ago on a Sim, Flash was going really straight for me and dispersion was great. I had a couple go way left for me with Rogue. Rogue was also lower spinning and i was getting more distance out of it because of that but Flash was much more gameable based on dispersion.

A couple weeks ago on a Sim, Flash was going really straight for me and dispersion was great. I had a couple go way left for me with Rogue. Rogue was also lower spinning and i was getting more distance out of it because of that but Flash was much more gameable based on dispersion.

This is good stuff. Thank you!

I was fit in the 3+ and can’t wait to get it. Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 Distance was fine but dispersion was way better than my Rogue. Can’t wait to game this thing. Driver is close to set with same shaft. Just waiting for Club Champion to get the heads. Lagging behind they are.

I like the fairway a lot. The 3W playing at 4W/5W length works really well for me, since I'm not hurting for launch. The wind has been up most of my rounds since I got back so it's nice to have a club that's easy to hit that low runner with, but also launch if I need it to.

Traditionally I haven't hit fairway a lot - just is one of the weaker clubs for me historically. But as I get used to this I wonder if it's a club I'll pull out of the bag more often.

I agree. the 3 and HW will be in the bag.

I’m seriously excited to try the 3W when I can get my hands on one.

Tell em again Frank. This was the spot I was worried about MOST. My concerns weren't warranted. Easy to launch and ball go far...and straight for the most part unless I get dopey with the swing.

I went with the sub zero partly because at address it felt a lot like my Alpha 816 which is my favorite fairway ever. I also thought I had an easier time delivering the head square with the SZ, it just felt comfortable. It is actually a touch bigger than the 4w I have been gaming.

Numbers were good, high launch and spin between 2700-3000 and a flight that feels like a lot of distance off the tee. I don't think it has a chance of holding a green here, I'll have to play for rollout but I have mostly hit fw off tee anyway which is the plan.

I just preordered a 18* subzero with a tensei blue. Had a couple things to trade in and I know a little more loft won't hurt me and I like a smaller head. Silly since I have a fitting in a couple weeks, but I figure what the heck, only going to cost me $40 or so and if it doesn't fit anywhere in my bag resale should be better than what I just traded in by a good margin.

Easily my best club today was the Epic Flash SZ 3 wood. Used it 7 times today and hit 7 fairways...not a typo lol.
I'm absolutely blistering this thing and seeing some of the straightest tee shots I've ever hit around my home course. I'm also pulling 3 wood on a handful of holes that I've never even considered hitting less than driver on. This thing pumps out so much distance off the tee it's getting scary close to my driver distances too which is an added bonus.

Flight I'm seeing is a truly penetrating ball that hits the ground with an aggressive angle. In the summer I wouldn't be surprised if some shots with this thing creep past where my driver is hitting it.
Needless to say I'm very quickly falling in love with this stick. Can't wait to hit it again!

Easily my best club today was the Epic Flash SZ 3 wood. Used it 7 times today and hit 7 fairways...not a typo lol.
I'm absolutely blistering this thing and seeing some of the straightest tee shots I've ever hit around my home course. I'm also pulling 3 wood on a handful of holes that I've never even considered hitting less than driver on. This thing pumps out so much distance off the tee it's getting scary close to my driver distances too which is an added bonus.

Flight I'm seeing is a truly penetrating ball that hits the ground with an aggressive angle. In the summer I wouldn't be surprised if some shots with this thing creep past where my driver is hitting it.
Needless to say I'm very quickly falling in love with this stick. Can't wait to hit it again!

That is impressive. Do you use it off the deck much? If so is it easy to launch like the regular Flash fwys appears to be?

That is impressive. Do you use it off the deck much? If so is it easy to launch like the regular Flash fwys appears to be?
I've used it off the deck a handful of times, but not today. I'd say my SZ with weight forward is a mid launcher, but the high ball speeds make it very useable for me.

My Big Bertha 3 hybrid covers up to 240 so I am much more comfortable off the deck with that and as such the 3 wood doesnt need to fill that role very often.

Stopped by the local DSG store while my brother had some warranty issues taken care of. I hit the Flash 3 wood for three shots.

1st 94 club speed 226 carry 250 total

2nd 95 club speed 228 carry 254 total

3rd 96 club speed 232 carry 262 total

I'm sold on the this 3 wood. These were all hit off the mat. The sound off the club was as solid as the hit. It felt powerful off the face. The sales associate on the last hit responded by saying " You flushed that one" even though he wasn't looking. Just from the sound.
I have a Driver fitting in three weeks and will see if a different shaft can improve it even more. I think it was a Project X Green Even Flow shaft. Spin seamed a little high but could have just been the simulator.

I really can't get enough of this club. The flight is just so freaking fun!

I really can't get enough of this club. The flight is just so freaking fun!
You're gonna make me go hit the SZ again!
In all seriousness, I have hit the 5W more than the 3W, but theyre both so good for me in the draw setting. Less penetrating flight than I was getting before but not too high either. I love it.

Back