2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

I hit my 3w off the tee a lot today. Many good good results. Good clean flight, a couple of super high ball flights, but those are probably swing issues, because I had some just fantastic shots with it too. A clean hit with these is just addictive.

not planning on it. i want to get fit. but i’m thinking flash 3w with ef green 65 6.0, and flash sz 5w just not sure what shaft maybe ef blue or atmos red.
Flash 3w set at +1D with EF Green 65 6.0 here, and liking it so far. I can't wait to give it some more swings if the weather cooperates any time soon.

Flash 3w set at +1D with EF Green 65 6.0 here, and liking it so far. I can't wait to give it some more swings if the weather cooperates any time soon.

What did you play in your Rogue Fairway, Synergy 65 Stiff?

Nice. Why not the same shaft in both as your driver?

different goals for each. watched a vid recently where a fitter said it’s not often he recommends the sayme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really have been pondering this conversation. Last year I played HZ Yellow 75 6.5 in my 3W and VA Slay 65 Regular in my 5w and Hvwood. Two completely different shafts. The Slay plays softer and helps get the ball in the air. I’ve already ordered a 3W in HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.0. Thinking of maybe going EF Green 65 5.5 in a the other 2 woods as HZRDUS Yellow 5.5 is not offered by Callaway. I’d imagine the upgrade (HZRDUS Yellow 5.5) would be available from Will @ People’s Golf once the Flash Fairway Adaptor becomes available.

Dis any of the Grandaddy guys get a Heavenwood?

I have a 3W in order. Thinking Going Hevenwood lofted up and 7W to complete the top of my bag.

I have a 3W in order. Thinking Going Hevenwood lofted up and 7W to complete the top of my bag.

I'll likely start with a 3W too. Adjustability sounds awesome at that spot. I may also consider a Heavenwood. Pretty cool that they can be adjusted between 19* and 22*. Very versatile.

I did have a real close call with my 3 wood. The ball was sitting up in the rough and I took a lash at it trying to hit a green from 250 ish.
Ball hit the green, but some dirt on the ball left a nice battle scar.
a4867760034f06ce61133b4fa4442c08.jpg

I kind of feel like the Flash FWs are flying under the radar. They are really good. Don’t sleep on this one people.
I will second that! I havent had a fairway wood that launched like these. I have had multiple shots where I think, dang that went high. Its definitely going to come up short but then I go to my ball and see that it's a lot farther than I thought it was going to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I did have a real close call with my 3 wood. The ball was sitting up in the rough and I took a lash at it trying to hit a green from 250 ish.

giphy.gif

By far I am not the best at hitting fairway woods especially off the deck. But with these, even when I don’t put a good swing on them, I’m getting acceptable distance. Then when I do put that good swing on them the ball seems to carry forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you play in your Rogue Fairway, Synergy 65 Stiff?
Synergy 55 stiff in 3+, went lighter to try to make it easier to launch.

I really have been pondering this conversation. Last year I played HZ Yellow 75 6.5 in my 3W and VA Slay 65 Regular in my 5w and Hvwood. Two completely different shafts. The Slay plays softer and helps get the ball in the air. I’ve already ordered a 3W in HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.0. Thinking of maybe going EF Green 65 5.5 in a the other 2 woods as HZRDUS Yellow 5.5 is not offered by Callaway. I’d imagine the upgrade (HZRDUS Yellow 5.5) would be available from Will @ People’s Golf once the Flash Fairway Adaptor becomes available.

Dis any of the Grandaddy guys get a Heavenwood?

No heavenwoods

Chicks dig scars. Adds character.

I like the new adapter. Smaller and sleeker. Definitely helps transition the club better from shaft to clubhead.

BTW, I was quoted $35 install the New Epic Flash Adaptor to an existing fairway shaft, so the new adaptors are out there.

BTW, I was quoted $35 install the New Epic Flash Adaptor to an existing fairway shaft, so the new adaptors are out there.

thats not a bad deal. just means the secondary market is going to be tricky to buy from so Im gonna really have to pay attention to who I use going forward

thats not a bad deal. just means the secondary market is going to be tricky to buy from so Im gonna really have to pay attention to who I use going forward

I figure the same trusted eBay sellers will still be the ones to go to. That, or wait for Billy Bob’s golf or whatever to carry it.

I like the new adapter. Smaller and sleeker. Definitely helps transition the club better from shaft to clubhead.

I agree. I've never had an issue with the Callaway adapter in the driver, but it always looked big to me in the fairway and especially the hybrids. This looks much better down by the ball. Plus it's better for CG placement.

Just pre-ordered the SZ 3 wood. Has a 30 day playability guarantee so there will be a dating period before fully committing.

I've def got more interest in hitting these (namely the SZ 3w) than I do the drivers. Curiosity is there for me with this one fo' sho'.

I've def got more interest in hitting these (namely the SZ 3w) than I do the drivers. Curiosity is there for me with this one fo' sho'.
I dont have the SZ in the 3w but do in the 5w but both the std and the SZ seem very easy for me to hit and fairway woods has been something that is hit or miss with me. I had the Steelhead XR 3w and I couldnt hit it great. It went when I got a good clean hit on it off the deck but I think I struggled with the shape of the sole off the deck. The Flash are a lot more easier for me to hit off the deck and I'm getting great distances from them.

any particular reason the sz doesn't have the flash design on the face of the club while the non sz fairway does?

any particular reason the sz doesn't have the flash design on the face of the club while the non sz fairway does?

Maybe a preference thing? I like just the simple lines compared to the design on the face of the standard.

I don't have a reason for it but it's my one knock on the SZ and that's purely a personal preference. I like the looks of the face on the non SZ models a little more.

I don't have a reason for it but it's my one knock on the SZ and that's purely a personal preference. I like the looks of the face on the non SZ models a little more.
Same. I really like the design of the face on the std models.

Got a notice that my 3W is at Customs. Should see it soon

Back