2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

What is the weight in back? Can you take it out and weigh it for a buddy?

It's just a plug. Couldn't get it to register on the scale and the head weighed the same without it. I can take a picture though if you don't trust me. :D

I have zero numbers, but I hit one at the store the other day and I must say I am a big fan of the looks and sound/feel of these.

I spent a good deal of time comparing the newest fairway offerings from all OEM's a while back. They were packed and didn't have a chance to demo any of them. But, just based on looks alone, I went with the EF SZ. Love the way it frames the ball. I don't remember hitting a Callaway 3 wood that wasn't fantastic, so I went and ordered it blind. They get a lot of love, and rightfully so, for their irons and drivers. But, I have always been a fan of their fairways. All the way back when I would swipe my Dad's Big Bertha Warbird and put it in my bag for a round or two. He always made sure to take it back though!

Anyone playing the Flash Heavenwood ? Easier to launch than the Rogue Heavenwood?

Anyone playing the Flash Heavenwood ? Easier to launch than the Rogue Heavenwood?
I do. I previously had the Rogue HW. I hit them both on a lauch monitor and the EF was averaging about 10 more yards of carry on well struck shots. They both seemed to lach well, but for me the EF just was performing better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I do. I previously had the Rogue HW. I hit them both on a lauch monitor and the EF was averaging about 10 more yards of carry on well struck shots. They both seemed to lach well, but for me the EF just was performing better.

How far do you hit it and what shaft weight and flex did you go with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far do you hit it and what shaft weight and flex did you go with ?

I have the regular flex EvenFlow Green in I think 50g. I can carry it around 195-200 with it usually rolling out 10 or so more yards.

I guess they don't build too many 11 woods with a X flex shaft, still showing processing...looking forward to it, it should be a fun club to hit.

I picked one up but, sadly, have not had a chance to play it. I felt like I could hit the Rogue Heavenwood a mile with a penetrating flight. I'm hoping to see easier launch and higher peak height out of the EF, though.

hmmm, last night it said processing on the 11 wood and this morning it says it will deliver today.

I am also looking at the EF Heavenwood to replace my Steelhead Plus 7 wood. Std loft is the same for both at 20 degrees. Should compliment my TM RBZ 3HL fairway wood at 17 degrees.

I'm strongly thinking about a Flash 3w. I miss my Rogue driver and 3W. The F9 aren't doing it much for me and when I never realized how much I'd miss the jalbreak. I initially went to the F9 because I wanted the adjustability that I was missing in the Rogue. I know I could use to loft up to 16. I'm hoping the Epic Flash is just as forgiving as the Rogue was. I know it's a slightly bigger head from a cc perspective.

The 11 wood with the evenflow black is just silly fun, haven't used it much but expect to a lot more today and moving forward playing all rounds at or around 6,500.
I ordered it .50" over but may put it back to stock or even a bit shorter need a few more rounds to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Used the 3W off the tee on the other 8 holes Saturday:

1: Slight push right barely in rough
3: Straight with no fade, went OB in environmental area, 5W was smarter play
4: Push right OB, tight hole maybe 5W was smarter play
6: Fried egg in bunker in middle of fairway, hit a beautiful shot that faded a little bit but got plugged in bunker a foot below the lip
7: Straight in Fairway
10: Straight in Fairway
15: Draw OB, houses on right side and got nervous (hate this hole!)
16: Push it right and got stuck behind tree, had to punch out

Overall the club was fantastic for me, but again club selection was my problem I think as this course just felt much tighter to me. After my results on 6,7, and 10, I should have thought to use 3W on 12 and maybe 13, but ego got in the way and went driver. I think this club was in -1/D setting before the round and I changed it to -1/N after a range session, but have to check to be sure. The club flat out performed great for me, outside of a few shots that I just didn't expect to hit it as far as I did along with club selection. I believe based on the next course I should be playing, the fairways are more open and not as many holes where you can only hit it a certain distance before trouble comes into play.

5W was used twice as my 2nd shot on two par 5s where I hit the fairway (2 and 17), and I proceeded to mess those up too! Never been that close to those holes ever and got greedy (250 and 225 away)! Ended up with par on 2 and double on 17, overall I'll take that combined score for both. Both times were bad swings and just the excitement of being that close on a par 5 got to me. Lesson learned!!

Weekly gush post about the 3W. When I do my job, this club more than delivers. Haven't been this stoked about a 3W in a long time.

My 3 wood saved my bacon today. I really do love this club. If I’m having an off day with the driver (#Imabadgolfer) this is a great club off a tee to get the ball in play. I was hitting this the same distance as my playing partners drives. Which is always a good feeling.

My 3 wood saved my bacon today. I really do love this club. If I’m having an off day with the driver (#Imabadgolfer) this is a great club off a tee to get the ball in play. I was hitting this the same distance as my playing partners drives. Which is always a good feeling.
When I can connect these things just go a country mile, but the fairways and hybrid are the clubs I'm struggling most with in the bag. I don't hit them often though bc my home course is short and don't get the opportunity to really hit them unless I play a longer course. Could be part of the problem. I'm thinking about playing a round without the driver in the bag. Basically forcing me to get some more time with them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Saw this guy sitting in a bag at demo day. I didn’t know an 11 wood was even a thing.

76FFEF12-09D3-4C86-9A62-33CEF2401061.jpeg

Saw this guy sitting in a bag at demo day. I didn’t know an 11 wood was even a thing.

View attachment 40644

Yep, @JDax and I hit that one a few years back. They have one they call the “Devine Nine” as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, @JDax and I hit that one a few years back. They have one they call the “Devine Nine” as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They were so fun to hit... I almost bought a Devine Nine...

Pulled these clubs 3 times Wednesday, 3w twice (1/2 fairways) and 5w once that hit the fairway. The only miss with the 3w was a high fade that was very close to a slice but once it got above the trees on a hole near the Bay the wind just took it right. Managed to have a good punch out and chip onto the green along with draining a 10 ft putt for par. The clubs performed well when needed 2/3 the time that day.

My favorite shot was the 5w I used on the first hole teeing off. Always feels good to get that first real good shot off, then get a GIR and two putt par to go with it. Great confidence booster for me!

On in two on two par 5's my last round because of this 3W and landed in a perfect position off the tee for a difficult dog leg left (that's riddled with trees) because of this 5W. Couldn't be happier right now.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I was hitting my driver so well I tried giving these clubs a little extra oomf last round out, and let's say it didn't go over well, and totally user error.

3: Teed ball too low and hit what would have been a great stinger with 5w, except hole was uphill, it bounced off a rock and flew OB. Triple
4: Got ticked and overswung and pushed over treeline and into next hole on right. Double
6: Teed ball up little higher to atleast connect and popped a 3W up pretty high, landed in bunker, but made great 2nd shot from ~100 onto green, but 3 putted for bogey.

Didn't use FWs for rest of round since driver was actually doing a great job for the most part. 3 and 4 easily cost me 3-4 strokes and I lost focused for a hole or two which was something I tried not to do. I actually think it was due to a thinned wedge on #2, but thankfully the GIR on 6 from out of a bunker gave me my confidence back for a few holes. Need to do a better job at brushing those shots off, my bad holes always come in groups. Lesson learned for the next round out.

Considering getting a 3 or 5 wood to go along with my Epic Flash driver and 7 wood. I plan on configuring it at 17 degrees similar to my current TM RBZ 3HL. I can dial the 3 wood down 2 degrees or the 5 wood up a degree. Difference is shaft length and head size. Thoughts?

@scott.french3

The consensus from the 2018 Grandaddy team is to get the sub zero 5 wood and adjust from there.

Boder;n8879580 said:
@scott.french3

The consensus from the 2018 Grandaddy team is to get the sub zero 5 wood and adjust from there.

why subzero vs epic flash? I have an Epic Flash driver and 7 wood and like them both.

Back