2019 Callaway Apex Hybrid

I’ve been fighting the ‘19 Apex with everything going right and continuing to fade even more. I finally decided to give up on it, at least for now, and replaced it with my old and trusty X-Hot 4h which I always seem to hit extremely well. Until I can get some range time to work with the Apex this is what I’m going with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks Phil. Hopefully you’ll get some time away from it and come back and the magic will be there again

Had one opportunity to pull the club today on a longer par 5 with 280 to go early in the round. Blind over hill tee shot and we were getting pushed by the group ahead of us so I just hit a shot to keep us moving as the other guys were on the green (frost delay hurt the pace a lot for everyone). Ended up getting this out there with a baby draw leaving me just under 100 to go in the fairway. Been making great contact with this club on the range to with lots of center contact shots. The wind was picking up today too so I didn't expect it to travel as far since the ground was also very wet, but was happy the ball didn't move that much for me. Be a good choice on the short tight par 4s where a 200 shot gives me 125ish to go.

This has quickly become my money club. I hit 3 par 5s in two this weekend with this club all from about 190-210 meters out (210-230 yards). Just laser straight balls with an amazing penetrating ball flight.

This might be the callaway club I’m most excited about this year.

Hahahahaha I was excited back in January and now I have one coming in for a THP review. Super excited. I’m going to go back through all the posts soon but does everyone love this little guy? The apex rebirth was so necessary.

Hahahahaha I was excited back in January and now I have one coming in for a THP review. Super excited. I’m going to go back through all the posts soon but does everyone love this little guy? The apex rebirth was so necessary.

I can tell you that if I hadn’t gotten into the Morgan Cup and have a full bag of Cobra equipment that works great for me, I am almost certain I would have an Apex 23 degree in my bag. It would have gapped in very nicely with my P790s. It is a great hybrid and I will be anxious to read your review.

I can tell you that if I hadn’t gotten into the Morgan Cup and have a full bag of Cobra equipment that works great for me, I am almost certain I would have an Apex 23 degree in my bag. It would have gapped in very nicely with my P790s. It is a great hybrid and I will be anxious to read your review.

It remains the most anticipated club (in my eyes) from Callaway this year. The Epic Flash is amazing and can do filthy things but the OG apex was such a good hybrid.

I assume you hit it a few times?

It remains the most anticipated club (in my eyes) from Callaway this year. The Epic Flash is amazing and can do filthy things but the OG apex was such a good hybrid.

I assume you hit it a few times?

I had one in my bag (borrowed) when I went to southern Utah during the President’s Day weekend. I had received my woods for the MC, but no irons or hybrids, so I played it with a set of P790s. I had the P790s down through 6 iron, then an Apex hybrid, then a Big Bertha hybrid. The Apex is one of my favorite hybrids ever, at least for my swing. It had a Catalyst 6.0 shaft in it and was a good solid 200 - 210 yard club that flew high and straight.

I had one in my bag (borrowed) when I went to southern Utah during the President’s Day weekend. I had received my woods for the MC, but no irons or hybrids, so I played it with a set of P790s. I had the P790s down through 6 iron, then an Apex hybrid, then a Big Bertha hybrid. The Apex is one of my favorite hybrids ever, at least for my swing. It had a Catalyst 6.0 shaft in it and was a good solid 200 - 210 yard club that flew high and straight.

I just saw your earlier posts on it. Ex. Ci. Ted.

I tell you what I hit one shot with my Apex 4 hybrid the other day that gave me a big smile. I was about 185 out hitting straight in to a 10-15 mph wind. Typically this is my 200 yard club so with the wind I thought it would be perfect. I smoked the ball and the feel was absolutely plush off the face. The ball flight was a perfect piercing shot that hit its peak and dropped nice and soft on the green leaving me about a 15 foot putt.

I've hit a ton of shots with the previous Apex model and don't have any shots that stick out as feeling as good as those one. I've still only hit this a handful of times so far so time will tell but that one shot has me excited.

1st round with the APEX 23* with the Atmos Blue TS 8s in and it feels like a different club, much better flight for me and so far very straight with a slight draw which is a pleasure to play when you can count on it.

Distance wise it seems to fall in 190 +/- yd range which is just fine between the 5 iron and 7 wood. Tipping the Shaft .50" seems not have affected it much launch wise. I did it to get the playing length I wanted not for more stiffness, but it feels great (and just for you Jman) not too whippy....:alien:

I’ve taken about 10 swings with a 23° Apex and you might as well just pencil me in at 197 yards carry. Very impressive consistency regardless of where I hit it on the face and I have to believe that is jailbreak in action.

going to read through this more, but wanted to ask, is anyone getting too much distance than expected? As in, are you having/need to go with the 5H to replace a 4 iron to keep gapping with your 5 iron appropriate? or if you're replacing a 24* 4 iron, should it be done with the 4h (23*) or would the 5h (26*) give the same/appropriate distance gap as my 5 iron (27*)? Does this question make sense? haha.

if not, Ill try to reword it as best I can.

going to read through this more, but wanted to ask, is anyone getting too much distance than expected? As in, are you having/need to go with the 5H to replace a 4 iron to keep gapping with your 5 iron appropriate? or if you're replacing a 24* 4 iron, should it be done with the 4h (23*) or would the 5h (26*) give the same/appropriate distance gap as my 5 iron (27*)? Does this question make sense? haha.

I touched on this previously but best answer I can give is these pair perfectly with apex irons or other OEM irons with distance enhancing technologies incorporated. If you’re playing players CB irons then I would error on the side of going with higher lofts for carry and lower lofts for distance.

I touched on this previously but best answer I can give is these pair perfectly with apex irons or other OEM irons with distance enhancing technologies incorporated. If you’re playing players CB irons then I would error on the side of going with higher lofts for carry and lower lofts for distance.

Thanks Alex. Playing the 919 tours currently. Hit the 4 iron well direction wise and useful to chase a shot up to the green, but I don't hit it high enough to get the proper gapping carry wise from the 5 iron which they travel about the same carry, but the 4 iron rolls out more to what the carry should be roughly due to the lower flight. i was hoping if I look at the 5h it would carry what my 4 iron should do to the hybrid characteristics and length of club. worried the 4h might carry too far for the gapping and be too close to what my 20* hybrid does.

Thanks Alex. Playing the 919 tours currently. Hit the 4 iron well direction wise and useful to chase a shot up to the green, but I don't hit it high enough to get the proper gapping carry wise from the 5 iron which they travel about the same carry, but the 4 iron rolls out more to what the carry should be roughly due to the lower flight. i was hoping if I look at the 5h it would carry what my 4 iron should do to the hybrid characteristics and length of club. worried the 4h might carry too far for the gapping and be too close to what my 20* hybrid does.

Your guess is pretty spot on.

I guess I’m the big exception as me and the ‘19 Apex just do not get along. I can hit an occasional good shot with it but can’t depend on it. The overwhelming majority of my shots go right and stay right, sometimes even farther right with a fade. I’m sure it’s me but I just can’t figure out how to consistently hit this thing straight.

It got so bad I took it out of the bag and replaced it with my old X-Hot hybrid which I consistently crush.

I think I get it. At the carry I was seeing, it is a direct replacement of a 22.5 degree iron in my bag. So yeah, it’s a bit longer but it isn’t crazy for what I was expecting.

I guess I’m the big exception as me and the ‘19 Apex just do not get along. I can hit an occasional good shot with it but can’t depend on it. The overwhelming majority of my shots go right and stay right, sometimes even farther right with a fade. I’m sure it’s me but I just can’t figure out how to consistently hit this thing straight.

It got so bad I took it out of the bag and replaced it with my old X-Hot hybrid which I consistently crush.

Totally out of curiosity, Is your miss heel side?

I think I get it. At the carry I was seeing, it is a direct replacement of a 22.5 degree iron in my bag. So yeah, it’s a bit longer but it isn’t crazy for what I was expecting.

I'm about the same. Maybe a bit longer gap between the 4h and the 5i than the 5 and 6, but I don't know how much of that is the club and how much of that is me just hitting the 4h a bit more consistently in terms of ball speed than the 5i because of the construction. They gap nicely for me with the Apex CF19 irons.

I’ve taken about 10 swings with a 23° Apex and you might as well just pencil me in at 197 yards carry. Very impressive consistency regardless of where I hit it on the face and I have to believe that is jailbreak in action.

I hit one very far out on the toe the other day and got very good results with it.

These Hybrids are direct iron replacements for me. My unofficial yardage gap(my best guess at this time) is 5 iron 185, 4H 195.

Have only hit this club on the course a handful of times but I can say I have never hooked one left. I will lose one to the right every now and then but that is swing related and not the club IMO.

Getting a little on course time with this baby tomorrow. Going into the bag as my 195 carry club and I’ll be sure to use it off the tee plenty.

Then its photo shoot time. I’ll need a lot of @jman magic.

I feel a battle between this and G410 around 20 degrees coming on.

The 4H is growing on me, I kind of figured out my swing issue and as long as I follow up down the line it (and all the other clubs) don't hook. But if I get flippy or lazy it will go left with the best of them and all the other clubs as well.

Distance wise it is a solid 195 off the tee and varies from the deck with the strike.

Totally out of curiosity, Is your miss heel side?

Sorry, just saw this.

Based on the looks of the face, contact is center to heel, never out toward the toe.

Back