2019 Callaway Apex Hybrid

I’m really leaning toward adding the 3h to the bag. I’m finding these surprisingly easy to hit (way more than the OG)

I’m really leaning toward adding the 3h to the bag. I’m finding these surprisingly easy to hit (way more than the OG)

The versatility of that club has been really surprising. I find myself using it both off the deck and the tee - I was expecting the 3 to be more of a tee club for me, with the 4h getting most of the work off the deck or of the tee to hit a number, but it really just comes down to distances I need - I trust them both equally.

One of my favorite clubs in the bag right now.

My 4H is still in the bag after 8 rounds or so which is longer than any other hybrid has lasted.
It is still a bit spastic at times with the occasional snap hook, but that is a swing flaw not the club.
It seems like any decent contact gets all the distance I need for the slot it is in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I finally saw one of these in hand for the first time today, I know...late to the game. I thought it looked really nice as far as size and shape went. My last three hybrids from the most current first is the Srixon H85, the standard Rogue, and the OG Apex hybrid. Not having any of the three there to directly compare it to, it very much reminded me of the Apex. The same smaller footprint and shape, to nothing but my minds eye and I’m sure if I had them side by side it might be easier to see the difference. But it really did take me back, I’m sure this is gonna be a very popular release for Callaway like the original version was.

I finally saw one of these in hand for the first time today, I know...late to the game. I thought it looked really nice as far as size and shape went. My last three hybrids from the most current first is the Srixon H85, the standard Rogue, and the OG Apex hybrid. Not having any of the three there to directly compare it to, it very much reminded me of the Apex. The same smaller footprint and shape, to nothing but my minds eye and I’m sure if I had them side by side it might be easier to see the difference. But it really did take me back, I’m sure this is gonna be a very popular release for Callaway like the original version was.

If you liked the OG apex, you will love the Apex 19. The trade off of a slightly larger head for increased ball speed on off center shots (thanks Jailbreak) is one that o happily made.

My 4H is still in the bag after 8 rounds or so which is longer than any other hybrid has lasted.
It is still a bit spastic at times with the occasional snap hook, but that is a swing flaw not the club.
It seems like any decent contact gets all the distance I need for the slot it is in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Agreed. Really consistent distances and the neutral setup and neutral bias means it can go both ways. I’ve been known to over cook a ball here and there with this too (like that little guy below)

c5dd89f66ba39ee85c49397dd7a8aad1.jpg

If you liked the OG apex, you will love the Apex 19. The trade off of a slightly larger head for increased ball speed on off center shots (thanks Jailbreak) is one that o happily made.

I've been so happy with the performance on off center hits. The forgiveness was really my only knock on the previous version and they definitely improved in that area.

Plus the fact that I haven't had any hooks with this one which is something I could occasionally battle with the last one.

I've been so happy with the performance on off center hits. The forgiveness was really my only knock on the previous version and they definitely improved in that area.

Plus the fact that I haven't had any hooks with this one which is something I could occasionally battle with the last one.

Yup! I loved the shape of the OG and tried to force it into my bag for months but I didn’t have the game to find the center regularly (still don’t). The Apex 19 hides that issue way better

But lest I be misunderstood, this club still favors a center strike. If you want a bunch of forgiveness there are other options out there.

Yup! I loved the shape of the OG and tried to force it into my bag for months but I didn’t have the game to find the center regularly (still don’t). The Apex 19 hides that issue way better

But lest I be misunderstood, this club still favors a center strike. If you want a bunch of forgiveness there are other options out there.

I completely agree with you there. If someone is looking for either maximum forgiveness or pure distance this probably isn't the hybrid for them. But man it fills that long iron spot so well.

I completely agree with you there. If someone is looking for either maximum forgiveness or pure distance this probably isn't the hybrid for them. But man it fills that long iron spot so well.

You just summed up my review in three sentences. Well played.

I was set on getting one of these to replace my OG apex hybrid, but then I tried the G410. Both great options in the hybrid dept..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was set on getting one of these to replace my OG apex hybrid, but then I tried the G410. Both great options in the hybrid dept..

I’ll have to test the 410 because I’m pretty impressed with the Apex 19. I have such a strange bag right now but I’ll get another to even it out.

I’ll have to test the 410 because I’m pretty impressed with the Apex 19. I have such a strange bag right now but I’ll get another to even it out.

Let me know how that goes.

Let me know how that goes.

I will. I think I have a stock one sitting at my normal course to test. I’ll borrow it for a few days if they look the other way!

Hit a small bucket with this yesterday along with some 5i shots. This will be perfect for my 200-215 spot, with the occasion 220+ if the wind and ground is firm enough. Ball did fade right from time to time, but the range always has the wind into our face and left to right, so I don't put as much stock into the ball going that way a lot, unless it's a REALLY bad one. What I didn't do was hook a shot at all, which was comforting, as that's my usual miss on a hybrid, and yesterday's wind wasn't strong enough to even stop one of those from happening.

I’m uber torn about trying the 2h in the place of my 5-wood. I just wonder if I have the game and swing speed.

I’m uber torn about trying the 2h in the place of my 5-wood. I just wonder if I have the game and swing speed.

I’ve seen a buddy use the 2h like a 3w before. It’s long if you have the SS

I’ve seen a buddy use the 2h like a 3w before. It’s long if you have the SS

I’m guessing I don’t have that swing speed sadly. I’ll sure try.

I’m guessing I don’t have that swing speed sadly. I’ll sure try.

I don’t either but it was awesome seeing it in person though.

Great review Molten. Happy that the goal of this hybrid was kept consistent with the original Apex. I still game the original 4h as it is easily the best (for me) hybrid that I have ever played.

Great review Molten. Happy that the goal of this hybrid was kept consistent with the original Apex. I still game the original 4h as it is easily the best (for me) hybrid that I have ever played.

Thanks! This one was a ton of fun to write because I had so much experience with the OG and then was kinda floored by the improvement over time. They clearly didn’t rush this release.

Good stuff Molten! It looks like you and I have similar thoughts about this version. It's great to see that they took what was great about the previous model and made legit improvements.

Back