2019 Callaway Apex Hybrid

3h - what a fun club. Even a little fade biased for me with current setup. Surprisingly easy to hit.

I think this club has created an issue. Was trying to gap between 4i and 4w. But the Apex 3h carries just about same as 4w and is easier to hit.

Now I need to trade it in for a 4h or look for a new 4w or 3w. 🤔

The 4h has become money for me. Very big fan. I get more of a mid trajectory than high but the club is just very reliable.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the 5h. I really like how these hybrids integrate perfectly with my Apex irons and how they play as iron replacements.

If I find a 5h with the same shaft as my 3h it's go time.

If I find a 5h with the same shaft as my 3h it's go time.
Heads up that CPO is running a great sale right now - 25% off the already on sale price. I got a Like New for @ $150 shipped.

I have been a finicky person when it comes to hybrids. I stupidly moved on from my Razr X hybrids about 6 years ago because I thought I needed modern tech. Thus ensued a run of hybrid struggles for maybe 4 or 5 years. That is all behind me now that I have the Apex 19s. I use the 3h the least but it has produced some memorable shots. The 4h has been my go to off the tee option when I need a safe / smart shot. I added the 5h last week and was able to get out on the course with it twice this weekend. It is SO much easier to hit than the Apex 5i, which is not hard to hit, and it provides a noticeably higher trajectory than the 4h (The 3 and 4 seem similar in trajectory profile - mid to low; the 5h was mid to high). I don’t see these leaving the bag anytime soon - I won’t make the same mistake twice looking for more modern.

Obviously as my swing goes, so do these clubs, but I've really enjoyed having in the bag ever since my first swing with them at ECPC. The 3h is just a stupid good club off the tee for me. The 4h is great for long par 3s and into par 5s. I think these will be in the bag for a while.

The only thing that's annoying is there's been some paint chipped off from the crown on the 4h and it's noticeable in the sun - but I'm thinking of just ordering a replacement from CPO.

Used it once yesterday after a driver left me under a tree limb on right side with forced carry about 75-80 out. Decided to try a 3/4 punch shot just to move the ball and hit is perfect with some movement to the right leaving me with 75 yards into the green on a par 5. Won’t talk about the chipping that hole but pleased to pull the shot off.

Used it twice yesterday, first time off the 1st tee then as a 2nd shot on the par 5 9th. But shots went straight with great ball flight, I just expected both to move a little left and then went completely straight so that made both hole a little trickier. Overall a great club, and when I remind myself to play it a little close to the center of my stance, it produces good results. Yesterday was user error on alignment, think I left 2-3 shots on the course if I aimed straight instead of playing for some movement.

I just picked up a 4h on CPO and took it out for a few swings today. Nice high ballflight, and definitely not a hook machine for me. I really like the weight of the head. You definitely know where it is. I was getting pretty good center face contact as well. Of course, I got it because I dont have as much time to play and practice, so I was looking for something to replace the apex 4 iron, but I was striping that on the range too. Going to be a good battle I think.

I just picked up a 4h on CPO and took it out for a few swings today. Nice high ballflight, and definitely not a hook machine for me. I really like the weight of the head. You definitely know where it is. I was getting pretty good center face contact as well. Of course, I got it because I dont have as much time to play and practice, so I was looking for something to replace the apex 4 iron, but I was striping that on the range too. Going to be a good battle I think.

I have both, and depending on the course, I'll put one in the bag over the other. I like the 4i as a club to stay in the fairway on a tight short par 4 (which my course has a couple of). But the 4h I'll put in the bag if I think I might be going for par 5s or hitting it off the deck more. Just launches so much better for me.

I have both, and depending on the course, I'll put one in the bag over the other. I like the 4i as a club to stay in the fairway on a tight short par 4 (which my course has a couple of). But the 4h I'll put in the bag if I think I might be going for par 5s or hitting it off the deck more. Just launches so much better for me.
That's a very good plan actually.

I just picked 2 of these up on the CPO, a 20 and 23 both in the correct flex and "like new" with taxes and shipping for the price of one new. I'm sure they are in perfect condition and they eliminate me from being dumb enough to think I can really game a 4 iron for more than just hitting it off the tee. "New" clubs make for a good ending to a crappy weekend and a good start to a new work week!

Back