Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this out there from Mizuno...I am 'not sure' if its correct? @ 10.5 it sure looks open
    Last edited by ProZoneGolf; 05-05-2019, 01:22 AM.
    ST-190 Driver / Graphite Design Tour AD I-Z 8x
    CB Pro F2 15.5 / Fujikura Fuel 70x TS
    CB Pro f2 18 / Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution x
    Ezone MB 3,4i Matrix Altus, 5-7i XP100x, 8-PW X100
    Wedge Series 51,55,59 DG wedge
    SC Red X5 Putter 33.75
    Tour B xs

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer22 View Post
      All the info is right on Mizuno's site, with a ton more coming up from an internet search: https://www.mizunousa.com/category/sports/golf/woods.do

Even better on the European site: https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/woods/

My buddy is a fitter near Cleveland as well (Westlake).
      Thanks, the euro site is a little more comprehensive, but after reading both more carefully the HL is just simply the 10.5 head. If I do an upgrade on the driver this year it will be the ST190HL with the Tensei CK Blue Series shaft.
      Irons: Apex 19 Combo 4-AW, Modus 105 S
      Wedges: Vokey SM6 56, 60
      Hybrid: XR 3
      Fairway: GBB Epic 3
      Driver ST190HL, Tensei Blue R
      Putter Newport Studio Stainless
      Ball: Pro V1x (usually)

Comment

• Originally posted by ProZoneGolf View Post
        Found this out there from Mizuno...I am 'not sure' if its correct? @ 10.5 it sure looks open
        What are you looking at?!?! All these adjustable drivers function the same way: decreasing loft opens the face and vice versa. If you start at 9.5 and go to 10.5 (actually 10.625), the face closes. Shown clearly as -1.5.

Originally posted by mbenro View Post
        Thanks, the euro site is a little more comprehensive, but after reading both more carefully the HL is just simply the 10.5 head. If I do an upgrade on the driver this year it will be the ST190HL with the Tensei CK Blue Series shaft.
        Don’t just arbitrarily grab one: get a proper fitting. My driver SS is slightly higher than yours and I hated that Tensei shaft (tried it briefly with the ST180 last year). Launch was decent but dispersion was awful.

I was convinced I’d probably go with the HL head and the “low launch” Atmos TS shaft, but a fitting showed the Atmos actually launched about the same as the Ping Tour shaft I was playing (that one was low-mid launch supposedly). With the ST190 set at 9.5, my launch is just over 12, with spin around 2200 and carry in the 280’s and up. It really is an awesome driver, and better when you are fit for it!
        ST190 9.5 Fujikura Atmos TS Black 6
        ST190TS 15 Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
        CLK 3H 18 Fujikura Speeder HB 85
        JPX 919F 4-GW Nippon modus 120
        S18 56/60 Nippon modus 120
        Spider X
        project (a)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer22 View Post
          What are you looking at?!?! All these adjustable drivers function the same way: decreasing loft opens the face and vice versa. If you start at 9.5 and go to 10.5 (actually 10.625), the face closes. Shown clearly as -1.5.

Don’t just arbitrarily grab one: get a proper fitting. My driver SS is slightly higher than yours and I hated that Tensei shaft (tried it briefly with the ST180 last year). Launch was decent but dispersion was awful.

I was convinced I’d probably go with the HL head and the “low launch” Atmos TS shaft, but a fitting showed the Atmos actually launched about the same as the Ping Tour shaft I was playing (that one was low-mid launch supposedly). With the ST190 set at 9.5, my launch is just over 12, with spin around 2200 and carry in the 280’s and up. It really is an awesome driver, and better when you are fit for it!
          I hit the Mizuno reps driver last week at a demo day outdoors on the range, and that was the shaft he had in his, just killed it. But to your point, before dropping that much coin on a driver I'll certainly go through a full fitting. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Comment

• Its the Mitzy soleplate its sits open nicely.
            ST-190 Driver / Graphite Design Tour AD I-Z 8x
            CB Pro F2 15.5 / Fujikura Fuel 70x TS
            CB Pro f2 18 / Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution x
            Ezone MB 3,4i Matrix Altus, 5-7i XP100x, 8-PW X100
            Wedge Series 51,55,59 DG wedge
            SC Red X5 Putter 33.75
            Tour B xs

Comment

• Couldn't wait any longer, made the move on the ST190HL with the Tensei Blue CK 60R shaft. Immediate results, great feeling with effortless distance, and just looks damn nice from the top. Went back and forth between the Atmos Blue 5S, and I can still hit a stiff shaft just fine, but I'm 62 and the swing speed probably not gonna increase from here on out.

Comment

• So I bought the ST190 G to be my my back-up driver, but it has gone ahead and taken the gamer spot from the Rogue SZ. A really good looking driver which has shown to be very good, with the Atmos Black shaft, for me. I have been really surprised by the distance - just as long as the SZ when hit well. On centered strikes sounds sooooo good. On non-centered strikes? Not so much. Results are still good, but sound is not nearly as nice. If you're in the market for a driver, give the Mizzies a run - might be surprised.
                What's in my bag...
                Driver: ST190G w/ Atmos Black TS
                FW: Epic Flash SZ w/ Atmos Blue TS
                Hybrids: M6 19 degree with KBS Tour Hybrid Proto
                Irons: F9 Speedback irons 4-GW w/ Nippon NS Pro 1050
                Wedges: Vokey WedgeWorks SM6 54K and 58K
                Putter: EXO 7 or SWAG Handsome One Raw

Comment

• I bought the ST190 a month or so ago and I love it. Great sound, great feel, good distance from of center hits.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
                  David

Driver-Callaway Rogue
                  3w and 5w -Taylor Made Aero Burner
                  Irons-4-G Mizuno JPX 900 Forged
                  Cleveland 60* Lob
                  Cleveland SW
                  Ping Answer 2i putter

Comment

• Waiting for a ST190G with an Accra TZ6 M5 after a custom fitting Tuesday.

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X