Mizuno ST190 and ST190G Drivers

Coming next week.

Kinda funny how this is the next range days episode and it just won yesterday. Cause I am now VERY intrigued to see what dan did with these 2 drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was interesting to see the toe miss be a lot more punishing than a heel miss for Dan. I didn't notice that in my limited time with the ST190, but it is a little concerning for me as my miss tends to be high toe.

it was interesting to see the toe miss be a lot more punishing than a heel miss for Dan. I didn't notice that in my limited time with the ST190, but it is a little concerning for me as my miss tends to be high toe.

I think part of that will depend on how far out you head there. We didn't see a huge gear effect with his path when left out there, but other than that, this performed really really well.

Nice looking forward to watching this one.

By chance is this the driver Keith Mitchell had in the bag?

Nice looking forward to watching this one.

By chance is this the driver Keith Mitchell had in the bag?

Not sure which one he had, but it was a Mizuno driver. First Driver win in a long time, I don't think Luke Donald had one in the bag when he went to world #1.

I think part of that will depend on how far out you head there. We didn't see a huge gear effect with his path when left out there, but other than that, this performed really really well.

The diminished gear effect would be a plus, as the pull hook is extra hungry some days. It would be nice for some of those slight out-to-in swings with the face closed to hold the line a little more down the left side of the fairway. (instead of going full Rory @ Augusta).

That said, Dan's slight out-to-in vs my slight out-to-in are two completely different animals.

Pulled the trigger today. Ordered a ST 190 HL with the Atmos R2 Red shaft. Also ordered the 3 and 5 wood (same shafts), along with CLK 4 and 5 hybrids. So, it looks like I'm changing the entire upper end of my bag. I'll post pics once they are in.

Picked up the ST190 3W, ATMOS Blue 6S. Finally got it on the golf course yesterday. Hit it five times. Very impressed. Comes off the face hot with a boring trajectory. Very straight with a good swing. Gave me little wedges for approach on long par 5s. Best shot was a fade from the right rough. Played it left and faded back center fairway. It did exactly what I pictured. Made me look way better than I am. Lol.

d18c20342eadddd3ea68ee354f29f06b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up the ST190 3W, ATMOS Blue 6S. Finally got it on the golf course yesterday. Hit it five times. Very impressed. Comes off the face hot with a boring trajectory. Very straight with a good swing. Gave me little wedges for approach on long par 5s. Best shot was a fade from the right rough. Played it left and faded back center fairway. It did exactly what I pictured. Made me look way better than I am. Lol.

d18c20342eadddd3ea68ee354f29f06b.jpg

Beautiful club! Glad it worked out for you so well.

I dig that.

Got my new woods in today!! Entire top end of the back is now Mizuno. I had my club pro grip them with Winn Dri-Tac's, so I can't hit them for a while (probably won't get to do so until Monday). I'll try to get some pics posted soon. It goes without saying that the clubs are beautiful, and I'm pleasantly surprised at the nice quality of the headcovers. As a side note, my pro told me that right now Mizuno woods are the hottest selling woods, but I don't know what basis was used to make that determination.

Got my new woods in today!! Entire top end of the back is now Mizuno. I had my club pro grip them with Winn Dri-Tac's, so I can't hit them for a while (probably won't get to do so until Monday). I'll try to get some pics posted soon. It goes without saying that the clubs are beautiful, and I'm pleasantly surprised at the nice quality of the headcovers. As a side note, my pro told me that right now Mizuno woods are the hottest selling woods, but I don't know what basis was used to make that determination.

Awesome

Can’t wait to see pics. The 5 wood is on my list to try out.

Pondering the 3 wood as driver replacement. Love to hear more about how the performance and forgiveness is.

Pondering the 3 wood as driver replacement. Love to hear more about how the performance and forgiveness is.

I'm playing in a Senior 2 Man scramble tomorrow. I still have a couple of years before I move up to the senior tees, but my partner hits from them. That being the case, most of my tee shots are simply emergency backups. So, I plan to testing both my new driver and the new 3 wood from the tee tomorrow. Hopefully I can provide some decent feedback on the ST190's.

Quick report on my new sticks. Hit my new Mizuno ST190 HL today 13 times. Lost one shot into the edge of the right rough. Otherwise, 12 of 13 fairways, and I mean everyone of them was within 5-10 yards of dead center. I'll gleefully take 92% center hit FIR. Each time, the ball took off on a nice gradual climb to the shot apex. My distance was just as good as with my Ping G30, and in a couple of instances, 5-7 yards longer. I think we have a winner here.

I can't say much about the fairway woods, as I only had limited opportunities to hit them, and unfortunately put poor swings on them each time. Can't blames the clubs ... it was just bad play on my part. On the other hand, I only had a chance to hit my Mizuno CLK 4 & 5 hybrids 3 times total, but each shot was a beauty. Nice straight flight each time with distance as good, if not better than the old Cobra hybrids they replaced. Still to early to make a full judgment, but the results were encouraging.

Quick report on my new sticks. Hit my new Mizuno ST190 HL today 13 times. Lost one shot into the edge of the right rough. Otherwise, 12 of 13 fairways, and I mean everyone of them was within 5-10 yards of dead center. I'll gleefully take 92% center hit FIR. Each time, the ball took off on a nice gradual climb to the shot apex. My distance was just as good as with my Ping G30, and in a couple of instances, 5-7 yards longer. I think we have a winner here.

I can't say much about the fairway woods, as I only had limited opportunities to hit them, and unfortunately put poor swings on them each time. Can't blames the clubs ... it was just bad play on my part. On the other hand, I only had a chance to hit my Mizuno CLK 4 & 5 hybrids 3 times total, but each shot was a beauty. Nice straight flight each time with distance as good, if not better than the old Cobra hybrids they replaced. Still to early to make a full judgment, but the results were encouraging.

Impressive start with you ST190 HL.

I have the 3W with ATMOS Blue 6S. Had hit it a few times on the course with very positive results. Last two days I finally got a chance to get it on the driving range. Yesterday was my Jerry’s kids swing and the ball was all over the place. Today I finally started getting it synced in. And what I saw was impressive. Off the tee, a nice mid trajectory draw, narrow dispersion pattern. Many of which were in the range of my Rogue driver. This was on a wet, non-rolling driving range. I’m please.

If you’re like me, you’ll love the CLKs; straight and pretty long. Not the highest flying hybrids, but quite straight. I have the 19, tweaked to 18, and 22 and am considering the 25.

Impressive start with you ST190 HL.

I have the 3W with ATMOS Blue 6S. Had hit it a few times on the course with very positive results. Last two days I finally got a chance to get it on the driving range. Yesterday was my Jerry’s kids swing and the ball was all over the place. Today I finally started getting it synced in. And what I saw was impressive. Off the tee, a nice mid trajectory draw, narrow dispersion pattern. Many of which were in the range of my Rogue driver. This was on a wet, non-rolling driving range. I’m please.

If you’re like me, you’ll love the CLKs; straight and pretty long. Not the highest flying hybrids, but quite straight. I have the 19, tweaked to 18, and 22 and am considering the 25.

From what I've seen so far, I really like the CLK's. Like you said, not the highest flight, but straight and long. I hit one shot with my 25* yesterday off a tight lie and into a howling wind. Laser beam straight and 2-3 yards further than my old Bio Cell hybrid. It was also very wet in front of the green, so no roll out. Only one shot, but I'll take that given the difficult conditions.

Guys.. I'm trying to get a list of shafts that Mizuno Offers other than the stock Atmos shafts.. When I go on the website to the shaft/grip options.. the only other shafts are an array of Mitsubhishi Shafts.. i.e.,(Kuro Kage, Bassara, and Tensei CK Blue/White/Orange). I was under the impression that Mizuno offered a lot more shafts? If this is all they offer.. it's certainly a lot more limited than the other manufacturers?

Mizuno ST190 and ST190G Drivers

Guys.. I'm trying to get a list of shafts that Mizuno Offers other than the stock Atmos shafts.. When I go on the website to the shaft/grip options.. the only other shafts are an array of Mitsubhishi Shafts.. i.e.,(Kuro Kage, Bassara, and Tensei CK Blue/White/Orange). I was under the impression that Mizuno offered a lot more shafts? If this is all they offer.. it's certainly a lot more limited than the other manufacturers?

Standby. Let me screen shot the options I have thru my fitting software

fb2adb356720009a0e5aa211e33113a6.jpg
8ccc2be6e29fef288cc9a1a3a2848bc5.jpg
0c73d0d2a37776bbb28dcbb5eedfe686.jpg
d4138d5bc8b088d2a16465bb93a72e2b.jpg
7d66842ae720786cb29000b3e8d43f2c.jpg
8e4c8478abd7afea73d0c518570a4cb5.jpg
439b26ea239673eab1914f9ee6478363.jpg

There are some more I just don’t have them on the fitting app. I can tell you them tomorrow at work
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another quick update. With my ST190 HL driver, I hit 11 of 11 fairways today. It wasn't quite the center-seeker that it was on Monday, but still 100% FIR with it. Used the 3 wood off 3 tees. 100% with it as well, and each of those shots were essentially fairway center. Hit it twice off the turf; nothing to write home about, but also no real complaint. I just need more shots with it to feel more comfortable. Had the opportunity to use the 25* CLK hybrid 4 times. Each shot was straight, nice height without being too high, and I was getting my lost distance back with it. I'm quite developing a strong affinity for these CLK hybrids.

Another thing that stood out to me today was that these sticks apparently love the Snell MTB Black. I was getting more distance playing it today than I did on Monday with my Project (a)'s. Small sample size, but it was enough that I took notice.

Back