Mizuno ST190 and ST190G Drivers

Found this out there from Mizuno...I am 'not sure' if its correct? @ 10.5 it sure looks open :beauty:
ST190%20lie%20loft_zpsh4g1uxxf.png

Last edited:
All the info is right on Mizuno's site, with a ton more coming up from an internet search: https://www.mizunousa.com/category/sports/golf/woods.do

Even better on the European site: https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/woods/

My buddy is a fitter near Cleveland as well (Westlake).

Thanks, the euro site is a little more comprehensive, but after reading both more carefully the HL is just simply the 10.5 head. If I do an upgrade on the driver this year it will be the ST190HL with the Tensei CK Blue Series shaft.

Found this out there from Mizuno...I am 'not sure' if its correct? @ 10.5 it sure looks open :beauty:

What are you looking at?!?! All these adjustable drivers function the same way: decreasing loft opens the face and vice versa. If you start at 9.5° and go to 10.5° (actually 10.625°), the face closes. Shown clearly as -1.5°.

Thanks, the euro site is a little more comprehensive, but after reading both more carefully the HL is just simply the 10.5 head. If I do an upgrade on the driver this year it will be the ST190HL with the Tensei CK Blue Series shaft.

Don’t just arbitrarily grab one: get a proper fitting. My driver SS is slightly higher than yours and I hated that Tensei shaft (tried it briefly with the ST180 last year). Launch was decent but dispersion was awful.

I was convinced I’d probably go with the HL head and the “low launch” Atmos TS shaft, but a fitting showed the Atmos actually launched about the same as the Ping Tour shaft I was playing (that one was low-mid launch supposedly). With the ST190 set at 9.5°, my launch is just over 12°, with spin around 2200 and carry in the 280’s and up. It really is an awesome driver, and better when you are fit for it!

What are you looking at?!?! All these adjustable drivers function the same way: decreasing loft opens the face and vice versa. If you start at 9.5° and go to 10.5° (actually 10.625°), the face closes. Shown clearly as -1.5°.

Don’t just arbitrarily grab one: get a proper fitting. My driver SS is slightly higher than yours and I hated that Tensei shaft (tried it briefly with the ST180 last year). Launch was decent but dispersion was awful.

I was convinced I’d probably go with the HL head and the “low launch” Atmos TS shaft, but a fitting showed the Atmos actually launched about the same as the Ping Tour shaft I was playing (that one was low-mid launch supposedly). With the ST190 set at 9.5°, my launch is just over 12°, with spin around 2200 and carry in the 280’s and up. It really is an awesome driver, and better when you are fit for it!

I hit the Mizuno reps driver last week at a demo day outdoors on the range, and that was the shaft he had in his, just killed it. But to your point, before dropping that much coin on a driver I'll certainly go through a full fitting. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Its the Mitzy soleplate its sits open nicely.

Couldn't wait any longer, made the move on the ST190HL with the Tensei Blue CK 60R shaft. Immediate results, great feeling with effortless distance, and just looks damn nice from the top. Went back and forth between the Atmos Blue 5S, and I can still hit a stiff shaft just fine, but I'm 62 and the swing speed probably not gonna increase from here on out.

So I bought the ST190 G to be my my back-up driver, but it has gone ahead and taken the gamer spot from the Rogue SZ. A really good looking driver which has shown to be very good, with the Atmos Black shaft, for me. I have been really surprised by the distance - just as long as the SZ when hit well. On centered strikes sounds sooooo good. On non-centered strikes? Not so much. Results are still good, but sound is not nearly as nice. If you're in the market for a driver, give the Mizzies a run - might be surprised.

I bought the ST190 a month or so ago and I love it. Great sound, great feel, good distance from of center hits.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Waiting for a ST190G with an Accra TZ6 M5 after a custom fitting Tuesday.

Are these being replaced in 2020?

I used my ST190 for the first time on Monday for a 9 hole evening round and was hammering the ball by my standards. I was an average of 5 yards longer off the tee in 7 drives than I was my best day last season. Part of it may be that I've been hitting the exercise bike hard and am in better shape, but I'll take the distance!

I bought it for $120 in the off season looking to get a modern maximum ball speed driver and am extremely happy so far. If someone's looking at drivers for this season and have a budget the ST190 deserves consideration.

Dave

Question about adjustments on my ST190 - I am consistently hitting toward (not on) the heel. With my Epic, I am more center face. The ST190 is about 3/4" longer than the epic.

Assuming I put a good swing on it, what hosel adjustment might center things up for me?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Question about adjustments on my ST190 - I am consistently hitting toward (not on) the heel. With my Epic, I am more center face. The ST190 is about 3/4" longer than the epic.

Assuming I put a good swing on it, what hosel adjustment might center things up for me?

Hitting heel side and using a 3/4inch longer club, have you tried changing your ball position to get more center? Could be the shaft also, were you fit for the ST190 shaft?

Hitting heel side and using a 3/4inch longer club, have you tried changing your ball position to get more center? Could be the shaft also, were you fit for the ST190 shaft?
Unfortunately not. Fitting is not in the budget right now...

Unfortunately not. Fitting is not in the budget right now...

If the flexs and bend profile are similar between your old and new and the big variable is length, I would go to the range and check my set-up and ball position.

If the flexs and bend profile are similar between your old and new and the big variable is length, I would go to the range and check my set-up and ball position.
Thanks so much. Ball more forward for a longer shaft?

Thanks so much. Ball more forward for a longer shaft?

With the longer shaft I would be first making sure your not setting up to close to the ball. Your subconscious may be having you setting up for the shorter shaft. When I first went to a shorter shaft in my 3w I was toe side at first until I trained my brain to set up closer.

Back