Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cougar75 View Post
    Dude, are you hitting off asphalt?
    It’s carpet. Beige. Medium pile.
    Driver: Callaway Rogue
    3Wood: Ping G400
    Hybrids: Ping G30
    Irons: Ping G400
    Wedges: Tour Edge Hot Launch Super Spin
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

    Comment


    • Loving this driver to the point I want a blue EXS hat. I have been checking the Tour Edge site along with ebay and amazon and cannot find one available. Can someone tell me where I can buy one?
      Proud to represent Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy

      Comment


      • Originally posted by badolds View Post
        Loving this driver to the point I want a blue EXS hat. I have been checking the Tour Edge site along with ebay and amazon and cannot find one available. Can someone tell me where I can buy one?
        https://shop.touredge.com/collection...der-armour-hat

        Tour Edge Exotics EXS 10.5*, Tensei Blue Stiff
        Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver/3W 14*, Matrix Stiff
        Tour Edge Exotics CBX T3 3/4W 16.5*, Project X HZRDUS Red Stiff
        Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 20*, Project X LZ Tour Stiff or Maltby KE4 Tour 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage Black Stiff

        Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 5-PW, Project X LZ Tour Stiff
        Cleveland CBX 50* & 54*
        Cleveland 588 RTX 60*
        Evnroll ER5 Hatchback
        Sun Mountain C130

        Comment


        • ^ Sorry ... posted a little too quickly. Looks like they're out of stock. Too bad - it's a good looking hat.
          Tour Edge Exotics EXS 10.5*, Tensei Blue Stiff
          Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver/3W 14*, Matrix Stiff
          Tour Edge Exotics CBX T3 3/4W 16.5*, Project X HZRDUS Red Stiff
          Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 20*, Project X LZ Tour Stiff or Maltby KE4 Tour 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage Black Stiff

          Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 5-PW, Project X LZ Tour Stiff
          Cleveland CBX 50* & 54*
          Cleveland 588 RTX 60*
          Evnroll ER5 Hatchback
          Sun Mountain C130

          Comment


          • I was looking at the adjustment charts. What hosel position opens the club face and which ones close it?
            2019 The SWEEP presented by THP & Budget Golf & The Ben Hogan Experience 2019

            GS53 Driver 9.0*
            GS53 3 Fairway Wood 14*
            VKTR Hybrid 18*
            VKTR Hybrid 22*
            VKTR Hybrid 26*
            PTx Pros Irons 6-PW
            Equalizer GW 50*
            Equalizer SW 54*
            Equalizer LW 58*
            BHM01 Putter
            BH1 R/W/B Stand Bag

            Comment


            • Originally posted by J.B. Cobb III View Post
              I was looking at the adjustment charts. What hosel position opens the club face and which ones close it?
              I found the n+, n, ++ opens it up more. The rest with more upright lie closed it for me. Depending on your swing style.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              WITB:

              EXS 10.5 w/MCA Tensei CK Blue 2G 50
              EXS 3FW 15 w/MCA Tensei CK Blue 2G 70 (2019)
              EXS 2H & 3H w/MCA Tensei CK Blue 2G 70 (2019)
              Rogue X 3H w/ Synergy 60 HYB GRAPHITE (2018)
              Rogue * 4H w/ speeder evolution CW50 (2018)
              Exotics CBX 2-4 IWs w/KURO KAGE Silver Hybrid 70R (2018/2019)
              EXS Irons (5-SW, GW)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by badolds View Post
                Loving this driver to the point I want a blue EXS hat. I have been checking the Tour Edge site along with ebay and amazon and cannot find one available. Can someone tell me where I can buy one?
                Tour Edge posted on their Instagram pictures of new hats that should be available soon.
                2019 The SWEEP presented by THP & Budget Golf & The Ben Hogan Experience 2019

                GS53 Driver 9.0*
                GS53 3 Fairway Wood 14*
                VKTR Hybrid 18*
                VKTR Hybrid 22*
                VKTR Hybrid 26*
                PTx Pros Irons 6-PW
                Equalizer GW 50*
                Equalizer SW 54*
                Equalizer LW 58*
                BHM01 Putter
                BH1 R/W/B Stand Bag

                Comment


                • Originally posted by J.B. Cobb III View Post
                  Tour Edge posted on their Instagram pictures of new hats that should be available soon.
                  Surprised out of the 10k you didn’t grab a Tour Edge hat [emoji1787]
                  F9 Speedback Avalanche 10.5° Driver HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
                  F9 Speedback Yellow 14.5° Fwy HZRDUS Red 75
                  F9 Speedback Pink 18.5° Fwy HZRDUS Red 65
                  F9 Speedback 4i Catalyst 80 6.0
                  F9 Speedback Pink 5-GW Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
                  King Black 52°/56°/60° Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff

                  NEAD 8802 303 Stainless; Bronze Face/Bronze Stripe Rear Flange

                  Black Cobra Connect UTX
                  Hybrid
                  Truvis Shaka Ball

                  sigpic






                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by OITW View Post
                    Surprised out of the 10k you didn’t grab a Tour Edge hat [emoji1787]
                    Never made it to the apparel side of Budget Golf!
                    2019 The SWEEP presented by THP & Budget Golf & The Ben Hogan Experience 2019

                    GS53 Driver 9.0*
                    GS53 3 Fairway Wood 14*
                    VKTR Hybrid 18*
                    VKTR Hybrid 22*
                    VKTR Hybrid 26*
                    PTx Pros Irons 6-PW
                    Equalizer GW 50*
                    Equalizer SW 54*
                    Equalizer LW 58*
                    BHM01 Putter
                    BH1 R/W/B Stand Bag

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by J.B. Cobb III View Post
                      Never made it to the apparel side of Budget Golf!
                      Smart Man! Equipment all Day Long!

                      I have used my EXS Drive my last 2 Rounds in the Cold (40-45) and Rain and I'm hitting farther than my old Driver last Summer! Can't wait until it warms up!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by OITW View Post
                        It's really a great driver. Looking forward to your long term thoughts.
                        I moved the heavy weight to the back last week and it came alive for me a little bit. When you catch it right it does want to go. Still haven't gotten outside with it yet due to rain and other commitments.

                        Like other TEE clubs I own, the stock Lamkin grip doesn't work for me. Just feels super thin like I'm not holding anything and the club will fly out of my hand. That will be changed soon.

                        Comment


                        • I've gotten a few rounds in with the EXS now and have a few observations:

                          1. Love the looks, feel and sound.
                          2. The EXS is longer than anything I've hit in the last 5 years or so on good and bad hits.
                          3. The driver wants to go straight or to the right for me. My miss with my G400 was left, so, I naturally gravitated to lining up down the right side off the tee. When I took that set up with the EXS, I hit the drive down the right hand side exactly where I lined up. I know it should be simple to just change my set up, but, habits are hard to break and I still miss to the right a lot with this driver.
                          4. I cannot hit a draw with the EXS no matter how hard I try. This is very confusing since all the described tech at neutral settings would imply it should be draw biased. @Sox_Fan has commented on this several times.
                          5. My miss with the EXS has been predominately right, and sometimes with a fade even further right. I HATE this and need to fix it. I rarely hit a fade, and never a slice. A lot of holes on my primary course have fairway bunkers on the right side. I've been wearing those traps out with the EXS. The good news is, I couldn't reach those traps before. ;)
                          6. I'm a little confused on how to tweak this thing. I have a 9.5* and was hitting the drives very high (not unusual, my G400 is 9.0* dialed down to 8.0*). Today I dialed the EXS down to 8.5* and was really concerned that I'd fade the ball even more since I believe that opens the face a bit. Instead, I hit the rest of the drives straight. My logical brain is having difficulty processing this.

                          Some questions for the group:

                          Am I correct that the driver comes preset to the FTS1 Setting--9 grams in the heel, 3 grams in the rear? This should yield a slight draw bias, and they describe that set up as low spin, medium launch, slice reducing flight. I almost swapped those when I first got the driver, since I don't normally fade the ball. But, I'm glad I didn't since I have hit some fades and push fades with the current set up.

                          Is there any way to tweak the settings to get a little more draw bias? I know I could probably do it with the weight kit, and maybe with different shafts, but, I'd rather exhaust all options with the current set up before that.

                          I'd appreciate any thoughts from y'all on this. I think the EXS has a lot of potential for my game, but, am a little frustrated with the level of control I have with it so far.
                          Spoiler
                          WITB:

                          Driver: Exotics ESX 9.5* Tensei CK50-A
                          Fairways: XR 3, 4w Project X LZ Reg
                          Hybrids: Steelhead 3H MATRIX Ozik F15 60R
                          Irons: M2 4-PW REAX 55A
                          Wedges: RTX-3 48*, CBX 54*, SCOR 56*
                          Putter: Huntington Beach #10
                          Ball: Snell MyTourBall

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by v.man View Post
                            I've gotten a few rounds in with the EXS now and have a few observations:

                            1. Love the looks, feel and sound.
                            2. The EXS is longer than anything I've hit in the last 5 years or so on good and bad hits.
                            3. The driver wants to go straight or to the right for me. My miss with my G400 was left, so, I naturally gravitated to lining up down the right side off the tee. When I took that set up with the EXS, I hit the drive down the right hand side exactly where I lined up. I know it should be simple to just change my set up, but, habits are hard to break and I still miss to the right a lot with this driver.
                            4. I cannot hit a draw with the EXS no matter how hard I try. This is very confusing since all the described tech at neutral settings would imply it should be draw biased. @Sox_Fan has commented on this several times.
                            5. My miss with the EXS has been predominately right, and sometimes with a fade even further right. I HATE this and need to fix it. I rarely hit a fade, and never a slice. A lot of holes on my primary course have fairway bunkers on the right side. I've been wearing those traps out with the EXS. The good news is, I couldn't reach those traps before. ;)
                            6. I'm a little confused on how to tweak this thing. I have a 9.5* and was hitting the drives very high (not unusual, my G400 is 9.0* dialed down to 8.0*). Today I dialed the EXS down to 8.5* and was really concerned that I'd fade the ball even more since I believe that opens the face a bit. Instead, I hit the rest of the drives straight. My logical brain is having difficulty processing this.

                            Some questions for the group:

                            Am I correct that the driver comes preset to the FTS1 Setting--9 grams in the heel, 3 grams in the rear? This should yield a slight draw bias, and they describe that set up as low spin, medium launch, slice reducing flight. I almost swapped those when I first got the driver, since I don't normally fade the ball. But, I'm glad I didn't since I have hit some fades and push fades with the current set up.

                            Is there any way to tweak the settings to get a little more draw bias? I know I could probably do it with the weight kit, and maybe with different shafts, but, I'd rather exhaust all options with the current set up before that.

                            I'd appreciate any thoughts from y'all on this. I think the EXS has a lot of potential for my game, but, am a little frustrated with the level of control I have with it so far.
                            Great write-up Ken. Glad someone else concurs with my puzzling assessments. It wasn't until I lofted up to 10.5 and had the heavier weight in the heel that I was able to realize some draw with a really good swing. You are correct that the 9 in heel and 3 in back is the stock setting. If you do decide to get a weight kit to go heavier in the heel to try to get more draw bias, you are going to be adding swing weight. The kit comes with 6, 11 and 14 gram weights. I'm not sure what length you are playing it at, but I have 2 shafts (one at 45" and one at 45.25") and can only draw it with the slightly shorter one in. I have the 9 gram in heel and 6 gram in back to get the swing weight I wanted. Tried 11 and 3 and just didn't work for me.
                            Driver: GS53 10.5 w/ Accra TZ6
                            FWs: GS53 3W & 5W w/ Helium 5F4
                            Hybrid:
                            VKTR 22* w/ iRoD 75
                            Irons: PTx Pro 5 - PW w/ Recoil 780 ES SW
                            Wedges: Equalizer 50, 54, 58 w/ Recoil 780 ES SW
                            Putter: BHB03
                            Ball: B330-RX / Tour B RX

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sox_Fan View Post
                              Great write-up Ken. Glad someone else concurs with my puzzling assessments. It wasn't until I lofted up to 10.5 and had the heavier weight in the heel that I was able to realize some draw with a really good swing. You are correct that the 9 in heel and 3 in back is the stock setting. If you do decide to get a weight kit to go heavier in the heel to try to get more draw bias, you are going to be adding swing weight. The kit comes with 6, 11 and 14 gram weights. I'm not sure what length you are playing it at, but I have 2 shafts (one at 45" and one at 45.25") and can only draw it with the slightly shorter one in. I have the 9 gram in heel and 6 gram in back to get the swing weight I wanted. Tried 11 and 3 and just didn't work for me.
                              Honestly, I love that you two are seeing what you are. I talked about that when I was working on the review, despite everything telling you it should be draw biased, that head simply is not. Nope nope nope.
                              WITB:
                              TaylorMade
                              - M6 9.0 -
                              UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77F5
                              TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
                              PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
                              Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
                              Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
                              SWAG
                              - Tour Proto Savage Too -
                              Center-Shaft 373g
                              Taylormade - 2019 TP5x


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sox_Fan View Post
                                Great write-up Ken. Glad someone else concurs with my puzzling assessments. It wasn't until I lofted up to 10.5 and had the heavier weight in the heel that I was able to realize some draw with a really good swing. You are correct that the 9 in heel and 3 in back is the stock setting. If you do decide to get a weight kit to go heavier in the heel to try to get more draw bias, you are going to be adding swing weight. The kit comes with 6, 11 and 14 gram weights. I'm not sure what length you are playing it at, but I have 2 shafts (one at 45" and one at 45.25") and can only draw it with the slightly shorter one in. I have the 9 gram in heel and 6 gram in back to get the swing weight I wanted. Tried 11 and 3 and just didn't work for me.
                                I'm playing it with the stock Tensei Blue and would assume that is 45.25". They don't show the length in their specs. If I moved up to the N+ setting 10.5* the lie would go up .5*. I thought lofting up closed the face some and lofting down opens it. I'm not sure how the lie angle plays into this. The U+ get it to 10.5* with the lie going up 2.5*. My concern with going up is that I hit all drivers very high and really like a mid flight. I may try going up to N+ tomorrow just to see what happens.
                                Spoiler
                                WITB:

                                Driver: Exotics ESX 9.5* Tensei CK50-A
                                Fairways: XR 3, 4w Project X LZ Reg
                                Hybrids: Steelhead 3H MATRIX Ozik F15 60R
                                Irons: M2 4-PW REAX 55A
                                Wedges: RTX-3 48*, CBX 54*, SCOR 56*
                                Putter: Huntington Beach #10
                                Ball: Snell MyTourBall

                                Comment

                                Above Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X