Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

I appreciate reading all the reviews and comments.

This driver appeals most to me so far - great price with performance - with most of the big boys touting $449-$540 pricing and only refining performance over last year (except for Cobra, it appears), the EXS get distance and value - $299 (probably $249 at lowest price).

Would like to hear more about forgiveness, which the G400 has.

Thanks.

Have not hit it yet but had EXS and Cortex side by side. I’m a Wilson guy but hard to find $200 of difference. Both are really nice looking but I can buy a wedge or a hybrid with the extra money. Too cold to hit them but I will.

Another good day with the driver. 7 of 11 fairways. 3 of the misses were due to poor swings and the 4th was wind blown off the fairway. Can't wait to see what this thing can do if the course ever dries out and the winds decrease from 20 - 30 mph. 85+ degree temps would be nice also..lol. This driver is the only thing in my bag currently that is performing well for me.

Another good day with the driver. 7 of 11 fairways. 3 of the misses were due to poor swings and the 4th was wind blown off the fairway. Can't wait to see what this thing can do if the course ever dries out and the winds decrease from 20 - 30 mph. 85+ degree temps would be nice also..lol. This driver is the only thing in my bag currently that is performing well for me.

Love seeing this Sox, it’s a really really good head. It truly is.

Are the PTx irons misbehaving lately? I go through ball striking cycles that range from perfect center for a while to everything off the toe. I posted in the PTx thread my long term thoughts and would love to hear yours as well. Your TEE irons should be coming soon right?

Are the PTx irons misbehaving lately? I go through ball striking cycles that range from perfect center for a while to everything off the toe. I posted in the PTx thread my long term thoughts and would love to hear yours as well. Your TEE irons should be coming soon right?
It is not the clubs. It is me. Probably the biggest issue is that I'm hitting every club about 20 yards shorter than I did 6 months ago. I'm hoping that a good part of that is due to poor swing/contact and not just loss of strength. Took the JPX 900 Forged irons out recently and same story.

Expecting the CBX irons anytime as I was told the backordered UST iron shafts were back in stock.

This driver is definitely a keeper! 9 of 11 fairways today playing in winds that were hitting 25 - 30 mph the majority of the round. One of the missed fairways was an intentional miss on a long par 4 playing into the teeth of the wind. Aimed at the cart path just right of the fairway and hit it to give me an extra 20 or 25 yards. The other missed fairway was where a huge crosswind got the better of the ball. Today's round featured 2 drives that were 20 - 30 yards longer than I had ever hit drives on those 2 holes. They were wind aided but still felt damn good to reach places I never have before.

As Jman has stated more than once, don't sleep on this driver!

Mine will arrive Monday. Can't wait!

I tried the driver yesterday. It outdrove my rogue 10-20 yards. Need to adjust it and my swing style for the slices and draw that I'm used to on my rogue. That sound is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the driver yesterday. It outdrove my rogue 10-20 yards. Need to adjust it and my swing style for the slices and draw that I'm used to on my rogue. That sound is amazing.

I agree about the sound. Don't think I have ever hit a driver that felt so hot off the club face.

Will be giving the EXS line a try once it thaws out here. Glad to see my local fitting center carrying TEE gear again. So far they have the EXS and HL3 lines.

I agree about the sound. Don't think I have ever hit a driver that felt so hot off the club face.

*AHEM*

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

That is all. :alien:

This driver is definitely a keeper! 9 of 11 fairways today playing in winds that were hitting 25 - 30 mph the majority of the round. One of the missed fairways was an intentional miss on a long par 4 playing into the teeth of the wind. Aimed at the cart path just right of the fairway and hit it to give me an extra 20 or 25 yards. The other missed fairway was where a huge crosswind got the better of the ball. Today's round featured 2 drives that were 20 - 30 yards longer than I had ever hit drives on those 2 holes. They were wind aided but still felt damn good to reach places I never have before.

As Jman has stated more than once, don't sleep on this driver!

Hope you see the rest of your TEE bag soon.

Hope you see the rest of your TEE bag soon.
Just waiting on irons and wedges. May have been good to get them at different times to get adapted to some clubs before introducing more new ones.

Expecting the CBX irons anytime as I was told the backordered UST iron shafts were back in stock.[/QUOTE]

I've hit a demo cbx iron a few times now. Makes my knees weak. They are butter. Will be interested in your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Had a go at it at the driving range that morning. Interesting fact, when I used my usual swing set up where ball is smack center in position, it would slice. But when I put the ball slightly forward to the front to right side, straightest balls and beautiful fades I ever seen. 170 yards when the rogue gave me 150 yards. Maybe I need to thinker with the shaft adjustment options

Had a go at it at the driving range that morning. Interesting fact, when I used my usual swing set up where ball is smack center in position, it would slice. But when I put the ball slightly forward to the front to right side, straightest balls and beautiful fades I ever seen. 170 yards when the rogue gave me 150 yards. Maybe I need to thinker with the shaft adjustment options

You’re talking in the center position wise but still off the front foot, right?

I think so. Just to give you a better idea.

With the driver, we would line up ball in center (line in black). But my impact would be towards the left of the center.

When I line the ball up slightly offset (the blue line) , smack on center impact .

101f1861264dd588cf5b6eefc4bd83ef.jpg

From another perspective it would be below

70c6d6c92ab01cb583808842899b55bb.jpg

Does it make sense ?

Just to give you a better idea.

With the driver, we would line up ball in center (line in black). But my impact would be towards the left of the center.

When I line the ball up slightly offset (the blue line) , smack on center impact .

101f1861264dd588cf5b6eefc4bd83ef.jpg

From another perspective it would be below

70c6d6c92ab01cb583808842899b55bb.jpg

Does it make sense ?

I get that, but are you still setting up the the ball off the inside of your front foot?

As for the results when aligning differently on the face, honestly, that sounds like a swing path thing to me.

I get that, but are you still setting up the the ball off the inside of your front foot?

As for the results when aligning differently on the face, honestly, that sounds like a swing path thing to me.

So usually I follow the rule where I set up the ball inside or middle my left foot. Do you think changing shaft settings will help ?

I will continue to hit a few more and tinker along the way

So usually I follow the rule where I set up the ball inside or middle my left foot. Do you think changing shaft settings will help ?

I will continue to hit a few more and tinker along the way

That is not the rule for driver - maybe for a higher lofted iron or wedge, but no bueno for driver.

The mantra now is low spin, high launch and that means:

Ball forward, lean spine angle (not hips) back a handful of degrees, high tee and hit up on the ball.

How much forward for the ball? It's off my front big toe.

That is not the rule for driver - maybe for a higher lofted iron or wedge, but no bueno for driver.

The mantra now is low spin, high launch and that means:

Ball forward, lean spine angle (not hips) back a handful of degrees, high tee and hit up on the ball.

How much forward for the ball? It's off my front big toe.

Desmond , to clarify what I meant is this setup at position 1
ea3566f705aba46c7149de0fe0199142.jpg

Last edited:
Desmond , to clarify what I meant is this setup at position 1
ea3566f705aba46c7149de0fe0199142.jpg

Thanks.

Oh, Gawd. the young Rickie! ... and in orange again! My sunglasses, please.

lol.

Yes, that's it!

His spine angle is tilted back a tad - not much in that pic to the eye. I may play the ball a tad more forward or think I do - what I found out is that what looks forward is not that forward.

I may tee it up so ball is at halfway point heightwise of crown. Adjust as needed.

Hit up and good luck!

Got her in today! 9.5 head set to 8.5, half of a degree upright and it looks just a tad open too.

Off to the range!
1019b2387a01548a918c268d04a4d79d.jpg
d25f035f2c6e56325afa747c64001291.jpg
f7e8995482aa14f407bbb09d955598a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So after some experimenting at 8.5 I moved it back to stock setting 9.5. Not my best ball striking day. I saw some nice straight drives and some baby fades. I was missing low and Healy a lot. Even on my worst low/heel shots the drive would have been playable or a "good miss". Low fading liners that found the middle and would have rolled for days.

After about 35 cuts I swapped the weights moving the 9g to the back and 3g to the heel. Completely different driver! In fact it really felt heavier. I could feel the club head in my swing much better. No more low liners. Either straight as an arrow or a high fade.

It was a weird day. I only needed the inside half of the club head as everything was heel side (which is odd for me) but at least I know the forgiveness is there!

Can't wait to get dialed in.

Back