Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

Hit this today, and !!!!!!

Need to give it another go to make sure it's real

Don't overthink it. Just buy it and hit straight bombs.

Finally got back out with mine today. Course was playing really long from all the snow and ice we’ve gotten. I did not have a very good day. My swing was as bad as it’s been in a long time but the EXS kept me in play. I didn’t hit many fw’s but my tee shots were in play every hole (I did hit 3w a few holes). Distance was very good considering the course conditions and the state of my swing. I haven’t played this course in a few years but I was pretty much hitting the same clubs or less on my second shots. What really makes that stand out to me is I’ve only ever played there in summer conditions. I really can’t wait for dry weather. I have a feeling this thing is gonna be a monster.

Did not have my best driver swing today but was still able to hit 7/11 fairways with the EXS. Interestingly enough, the 4 missed fairways were struck in the middle of the club face and I just wasn't able to deliver a square club face to the ball. Only one of the 7 fairways hit were struck in the middle of the club face with 5 on the toe end and 2 towards the heel.

Put an adapter on an LA Golf Shafts White Tie today so hope to give that a go on Sunday. Going to set that one up a little shorter at 45" than the shaft I currently have in the driver.

Did not get out today to hit the White Tie in the EXS head. The course was already a sloppy mess before a lot of rain Saturday morning and a full on downpour for at least 3 hours just after midnight this morning. Will still be bad tomorrow, and for the foreseeable future, but will get out to try this combo.

I just purchased the EXS 4 and 7 woods and cannot wait to get them in and play.

1st round with the White Tie in the EXS driver was successful. That combo enabled me to get my previous normal right to left ball flight back which I like. Before the round, I switched the heavier weight (9 gram) to the heel and the lighter one (6 gram) to the back. Going to switch them back before today's round to see what that gives me. Also put a 2 gram strip of high density lead tape over the carbon fiber in the toe to get the swing weight up to what it was the the original, slightly longer shaft.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

1st round with the White Tie in the EXS driver was successful. That combo enabled me to get my previous normal right to left ball flight back which I like. Before the round, I switched the heavier weight (9 gram) to the heel and the lighter one (6 gram) to the back. Going to switch them back before today's round to see what that gives me. Also put a 2 gram strip of high density lead tape over the carbon fiber in the toe to get the swing weight up to what it was the the original, slightly longer shaft.

Nice Sox, def sounds like a good debut for that setup!

Nice Sox, def sounds like a good debut for that setup!

Putting an adapter on the Accra TZ6 late this afternoon so hopefully will be able to give that combo a go later this week.

Hit this today, and !!!!!!

Need to give it another go to make sure it's real

Have fun, enjoy hitting them. Don't over think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love your tinkering process.

Love your tinkering process.

Will keep doing it until I find that unicorn! Haha

Will keep doing it until I find that unicorn! Haha

So I tinkered with mine as well. Swapped the weights to the fts2 setting and went with 10.5 un position. All straight bombs and the ball flew high.

Managed to get one or two at 180+m or 200y. The rest were all within the zone of 190-200y. Center impact shots as well.

Maybe I'll try the fts1 setting with the 10.5 un given that I want a mid launch and increased ball speed.

Still trying to figure out the 3w. Off the tee I'm getting nice straight ones. But at the turf or mat I don't seem to connect as well. Plus it's the same distance as the 2H.

Tinkering done. At least until I have a couple of bad driving rounds...haha. Settled on the Accra shaft in my signatures, 9 gram weight in back and 3 gram weight in heel. Plays at 45" with a swing weight of D3.

Tinkering done. At least until I have a couple of bad driving rounds...haha. Settled on the Accra shaft in my signatures, 9 gram weight in back and 3 gram weight in heel. Plays at 45" with a swing weight of D3.

Nice! I'm no where near done tinkering. Contemplating ordering the weight kit from TEE. I think I'd like a bit heavier of a head. All those weights might put me into tinker overload though....

All I can do is think dream and wish at this point thanks to snowmageddon hear near seattle. Can't even make it to the range... which is probably closed anyway. :sad::sad:

Nice! I'm no where near done tinkering. Contemplating ordering the weight kit from TEE. I think I'd like a bit heavier of a head. All those weights might put me into tinker overload though....

All I can do is think dream and wish at this point thanks to snowmageddon hear near seattle. Can't even make it to the range... which is probably closed anyway. :sad::sad:

I look forward to how that goes for you, I sort of wish I hadn’t cancelled my order.

I look forward to how that goes for you, I sort of wish I hadn’t cancelled my order.

Thanks. I'm thinking maybe just ordering the 14g weight and plugging it in at the heel and putting the 9g at the back. That would increase the head weight 11g (not sure about swing weight) and in theory still give me a little bit of draw bias. Crazy? I like it heavy.

Thanks. I'm thinking maybe just ordering the 14g weight and plugging it in at the heel and putting the 9g at the back. That would increase the head weight 11g (not sure about swing weight) and in theory still give me a little bit of draw bias. Crazy? I like it heavy.

Rule is, for every 2g of head weight w nothing added to the butt end, it’s 1 point increase.

Rule is, for every 2g of head weight w nothing added to the butt end, it’s 1 point increase.

Ok, good to know thanks. Being that my mid size wrap grips are already about 10g heavier than average, adding weight to the head would pretty much bring the swing weight back towards standard. In theory?

Ok, good to know thanks. Being that my mid size wrap grips are already about 10g heavier than average, adding weight to the head would pretty much bring the swing weight back towards standard. In theory?

Yeah. In theory it should hahaha

I think using heavier grips tricks the swing weight system. In my experience the club does not feel that different because the weight is at your hands. Thoughts?

DT

I think using heavier grips tricks the swing weight system. In my experience the club does not feel that different because the weight is at your hands. Thoughts?

DT

Heavier grip is still moving the balance point up the shaft away from the head and will reduce the swing weight.

Heavier grip is still moving the balance point up the shaft away from the head and will reduce the swing weight.

I'm not disputing that. But, if you go from D2 to D0 only due to a heavier grip does it really FEEL any different than it did with the lighter grip? I have not observed a difference although I may not have much sensitivity.

DT

I'm not disputing that. But, if you go from D2 to D0 only due to a heavier grip does it really FEEL any different than it did with the lighter grip? I have not observed a difference although I may not have much sensitivity.

DT

Will vary user to user, I know I can tell, but very much an individual thing there.

You hadn't cancelled the weight kit or the EXS order?

I regret not getting the weight kit as well. Somehow the fts system works. Now I want to achieve higher ball speed and neutral flight path.

You hadn't cancelled the weight kit or the EXS order?

I regret not getting the weight kit as well. Somehow the fts system works. Now I want to achieve higher ball speed and neutral flight path.

Yep, I cancelled it, but it’s because in the end as good as the driver is (and it is good) the RollFace is not good for me and my swing, much like TwistFace.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

Yep, I cancelled it, but it’s because in the end as good as the driver is (and it is good) the RollFace is not good for me and my swing, much like TwistFace.

If it comforts you, twistface didn't work for me. But roll face did. Just needed to tinker the fts

Back