Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

If it comforts you, twistface didn't work for me. But roll face did. Just needed to tinker the fts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty wild there, since it’s really the same. But man, when something works, it works, run with it!

Pretty wild there, since it’s really the same. But man, when something works, it works, run with it!

Hahaha I did actually check the difference between both. I realise that roll face wasn't as pronounced in terms of the contours at the toe/heel side. Slightly flatter too.

Who knows maybe the next exs will use ai tech

So hit the range today again. Decided to tee off grass with my driver. Interesting in the strong 15 mph winds, the ball went pass the 150m or 165 y mark. The furthest I got today was about 165m or 180y given the strong push back. I found the fts2 setting better generally.

Now I need to find a setup that works with less ball spin against strong winds. Any clues?

Hits were mostly center again. The ones you see off center was when I had it at fts1.

cceff6d42a1c0bb5cf8957a9aeb3f77f.jpg

Still finding a more fairways consistently with this driver than I have with other drivers in the past. And still baffled with the lack of draw tendency of the head with the way the weighting system is. Certainly not complaining as left has always been my predominant miss.

Still finding a more fairways consistently with this driver than I have with other drivers in the past. And still baffled with the lack of draw tendency of the head with the way the weighting system is. Certainly not complaining as left has always been my predominant miss.

I have said it from the start, WAY more neutral than people think. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Results and data don't lie!

Glad you're enjoying it still Scott!

I have said it from the start, WAY more neutral than people think. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Played it yesterday with the White Tie and 11g in heel and 6g in back. 2 slight very controlled draws and the rest were straight. Just continues to blow my mind in a good way.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

It's kinda funny I'm saying this but it's one of the most straight drivers I ever had. Even if you hit off its still a draw and it's not because of a draw setting. It should be called flight recovery system

Last edited:
This is going to be fun. After hitting my drive on 18 today, I decided to flip the weights (9 gram to the heel and 3 gram to the back) to see how it played. Hit 5 balls and it noticeably brought the spin down and did not appear to impact the launch. Going to have to hit some more tomorrow to dial it in, but if the course ever dries out, I can see some serious roll out occuring from that setup. Hit 2 that drew a little too much but they definitely scooted when they touched down.

received the weight kit from TEE and headed to the range. Put the 14g at the heel and the 11g in the back. WOW. I loved the feel. noticeably heavier which I greatly prefer.

Saw a bit more of a high ball flight than I prefer (through all 3 of the shafts I was testing) so I think I will try the 9g in the back next time to hopefully promote a bit less height and spin. we'll see.... more to come

received the weight kit from TEE and headed to the range. Put the 14g at the heel and the 11g in the back. WOW. I loved the feel. noticeably heavier which I greatly prefer.

Saw a bit more of a high ball flight than I prefer (through all 3 of the shafts I was testing) so I think I will try the 9g in the back next time to hopefully promote a bit less height and spin. we'll see.... more to come

Great feed back. This driver is intriguing to me.

BTW, pics aren't hated on in this forum!!! Don't be shy

Great feed back. This driver is intriguing to me.

BTW, pics aren't hated on in this forum!!! Don't be shy

away on business but I will try and post some pics when I'm back.

might I add though... this driver is soooo forgiving for me. especially on heel contact. still very straight! so far I love it. just need to figure out the right shaft/weight combo.

I have noticed that my shots are very straight and sometimes a slight fade compared to when I tested it w/ the Tensei Blue which generated more of a baby draw.

I don't really care what the ball does as long as it lands in the fairway (though I do enjoy the look of a nice lil draw)

away on business but I will try and post some pics when I'm back.

might I add though... this driver is soooo forgiving for me. especially on heel contact. still very straight! so far I love it. just need to figure out the right shaft/weight combo.

I have noticed that my shots are very straight and sometimes a slight fade compared to when I tested it w/ the Tensei Blue which generated more of a baby draw.

I don't really care what the ball does as long as it lands in the fairway (though I do enjoy the look of a nice lil draw)

Fun to hear this.

Man, I would love to give this driver a go

Gentlemen tested this one today at Hammock Beach. This was his first swing. We ended up upping the list for him and all of the sudden he was beating out his previous driver (3 years old) by 15-20 yards.

It was pretty awesome to watch.

6a025191e11eeba6fe17814d5f29f556.jpg

Gentlemen tested this one today at Hammock Beach. This was his first swing. We ended up upping the list for him and all of the sudden he was beating out his previous driver (3 years old) by 15-20 yards.

It was pretty awesome to watch.

6a025191e11eeba6fe17814d5f29f556.jpg

That is freaking legit!

Such a good driver!

Ordered a weight kit. Anyone know where to get shaft adapters for the TEE?

Ordered a weight kit. Anyone know where to get shaft adapters for the TEE?

You need to write to them.

Struggling a bit hitting the ball solidly with this driver over the past couple of weeks. Hit 2 consecutive drives on the button today but the other 9 resulted in very mediocre at best contact. Going to try lofting it up a degree to 10.5 tomorrow to see what that does for me.

Anyone know if the last driver EX10's shaft adapter was changed when the EXS was released? Jman?

Anyone know if the last driver EX10's shaft adapter was changed when the EXS was released? Jman?

Believe it’s the same.

There’s also some sellers on eBay that have them iirc.

Took advantage of the temp yesterday post rain and mudded around the course. I chopped a 1/2 inch off the stock and raised the loft to 10.5 with the 9g in the heel. Found a sweet spot setting. Just swing away and was catching center face all day with slight fades. This one is close to earning full time status for 2019 just wanna get an extra weight as she feels just a hair light for me.

I still haven't taken the time to hit this, but as of right now it's #1 on my radar. I am really liking idea of it being a talking point on the course too. Everyone expects to see the latest and greatest from the bigger names, but seeing the EXS, backed up by performance should really make for some interesting conversation.

That is freaking legit!

Such a good driver!

He was in the 15.5 range of launch with 2350 to 2500 spin and was just hammering it on the course.

I find out after the fact that he went from course and bought one, which was cool. It was fun to watch him get dialed in.

He was in the 15.5 range of launch with 2350 to 2500 spin and was just hammering it on the course.

I find out after the fact that he went from course and bought one, which was cool. It was fun to watch him get dialed in.

That’s pretty killer.

Criminally underrated and under talked about driver.

Finally had a chance to hit this one a week ago. I need loft so the 10.5 didn’t fit me well but the looks, sound and feel were all there. Wished they made a HL driver head cause the $300 price with Tensei CK shaft is an attractive option.

I’m usually not a gloss paint kinda of guy but I thought it looked great. The hybrid might be the sleeper of the group.

Finally had a chance to hit this one a week ago. I need loft so the 10.5 didn’t fit me well but the looks, sound and feel were all there. Wished they made a HL driver head cause the $300 price with Tensei CK shaft is an attractive option.

I’m usually not a gloss paint kinda of guy but I thought it looked great. The hybrid might be the sleeper of the group.

Did you try lofting it up to 11.5 or 12.5? I have a 9.5 that I just lofted up to 10.5 and going to try it on the course today. Lofting up did not visibly change the face angle, which is a good thing IMO.

Back