Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent write up James! TE continues to put out a solid product, and this seems like another great product at a really good price point.

Really like the exclusive intro vid with Mr Glod. Sets an exciting tone to the review. The price tag, technology, and performance make it difficult to sleep on this one. Good stuff James (btw with those numbers looks like something you can pretty much take out to the course as is).

In this corner we have

prodbig2.jpg

In this corner we have

Wilson-Cortex.png

FIGHT!!

This must happen!!

JMan, great write up. I have been anxiously awaiting to see your thoughts on this and you did not disappoint. I have had this club on my radar for the 2019 season and will more than likely pull the trigger when the weather starts to cooperate here.

While the crown is a little plain looking in my opinion the blue on the sole is a nice departure from some of the other colors we have seen in drivers as of late. The price point of $299 is simply amazing considering the materials and tech that is packed into this one. Hopefully people give this a solid look when looking for a new driver this year.

While the crown is a little plain looking in my opinion the blue on the sole is a nice departure from some of the other colors we have seen in drivers as of late. The price point of $299 is simply amazing considering the materials and tech that is packed into this one. Hopefully people give this a solid look when looking for a new driver this year.

Was the crown on the Epic or Rogue plain looking? It’s the same carbon fiber fade.

Thanks for reading all.

And I’ll say this, and I mean it, best looking driver I have seen in 2019. In hand, it is one of the cleanest and best looking heads on the market, I have no qualms in saying that.

Was the crown on the Epic or Rogue plain looking? It’s the same carbon fiber fade.

Is it? Hard to tell from the pics. If so that would change my mind, from the pic of the crown in the article it looks like a plain Titleist driver IMO. The Epic and Rogue had the pinstripe of color towards the back

Thanks for another incredible review James. Get's me fired up even more to get mine next week.

Great write up, Jman! I like the direction TE is going, as this is the time of year where lots of golfers like to whine about price hikes from manufacturers' new releases: "I am not paying $550 for a new driver!" Hopefully these same people give this club a look.

Thanks for reading all.

And I’ll say this, and I mean it, best looking driver I have seen in 2019. In hand, it is one of the cleanest and best looking heads on the market, I have no qualms in saying that.
He’s right! Great looking club! I think the sole is a little busy, but the crown with the carbon fiber and the blue stripe around the perimeter...very sporty and refined look. Especially, since the Flash, M5/M6, and F9 have gone to very bold, in your face colors and graphics. The new Mizuno driver might be the only better looking driver...maybe the Cortex, but I haven’t seen one in person yet.

For the price point alone at $299, i think this will become a top performer in 2019. Getting a low spin driver brand new off the rack for half the cost of the entire rest of the market is impressive but seeing your positive review (especially with a higher SS) makes me really want to test this out this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it? Hard to tell from the pics. If so that would change my mind, from the pic of the crown in the article it looks like a plain Titleist driver IMO. The Epic and Rogue had the pinstripe of color towards the back

An address pic is difficult to get any driver to show whats going on materials wise. But, that's why I mentioned in the article the carbon fiber fade, and additionally that its got maybe the prettiest deep blue metal flake mixed in and when the sun hits it, it is stellar.

For aesthetics, I truly put this against any driver out there, its crazy to me still how well they blended this design and cut no corners.

Well done, Jman!

As I mentioned in another thread. I "accidentally" hit this when doubling back on the 2 drivers I was fit for a couple weeks ago. I was blown away. I couldn't not hit the (virtual) fairway. The club just suits me. It feels right.

Now I just need to find a place locally that has more shaft/flex options so that I can dial it in and confirm it was more than a 1 night stand (gosh I hope so, I am a little too giddy about this club right now).

Also, I was pretty surprised by the Tensei shaft. It is far more stable than I anticipated, even in a S flex (my transition/ss is more suited for stout X flex).

An address pic is difficult to get any driver to show whats going on materials wise. But, that's why I mentioned in the article the carbon fiber fade, and additionally that its got maybe the prettiest deep blue metal flake mixed in and when the sun hits it, it is stellar.

For aesthetics, I truly put this against any driver out there, its crazy to me still how well they blended this design and cut no corners.

Agreed. It is a good looking club. Not overly decorated or distracting and not boring. It looks clean, sharp, and high end.

Been waiting for this one, good read, thanks.

I gotta ask though, is it going to make it into your bag?

Been waiting for this one, good read. I gotta ask though, is it going to make it into your bag?

Hahaha, thats always the million dollar question.

For me, RollFace/TwistFace isn't the best design trait for my miss, it actually accentuates them at times because when I'm off, I'm not quite getting that clubface all the way square to take advantage of the face. So when I hit toe side, the face is just more open because of the RollFace.

That said, I'm waiting until it warms a bit and I've been practicing again to give it a fair shake. There are literally about 6 drivers right now I could play full time, which is WAY more than I can say in my past 6-7 years of reviewing.

Nice write up and review, should definitely be a contender for most people!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

At that price point it's tough to ignore. Say a new driver is in that $500 range, you think about getting it, but instead give something like this a shot at a reduced price and still end up with around $200 to buy another club, FW, putter, etc. and stay within your original budget. Can't wait to try this thing out.

Yep, that interview makes me want to hit it for sure. One question though, in the photos, it looks to me like the alignment mark on the crown favors the heel or is that just the angle of the shot? Just doesn't look exactly like the center of the clubface to me in the pic.

Yep, that interview makes me want to hit it for sure. One question though, in the photos, it looks to me like the alignment mark on the crown favors the heel or is that just the angle of the shot? Just doesn't look exactly like the center of the clubface to me in the pic.
I believe it is the angle of the picture. I hit the head many, many times during a fitting and never once questioned if the alignment mark was off-center.

Last edited:
Great write up James. Definitely interested in this driver. My only concern personally is the draw bias. I would love to try it out, but that heel weight and my toe miss may not play well together.

Great write up James. Definitely interested in this driver. My only concern personally is the draw bias. I would love to try it out, but that heel weight and my toe miss may not play well together.

Swap the weights. Boom, problem solved!

Just kidding. I was thoroughly impressed in it though. It is definitely worth a test drive.

Back