Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

FYI, Budget Golf has a great deal going on the CBX 119 3W with several degree options and PX shaft options.

After a quick range session and a couple rounds, the CBX 119 with smoke has been a fun club to put through it's paces, I've never really run into this before on a fairway wood before, but I actually prefer it off the turf then off a tee, just sets up better on the ball and I seem to get better results.

I do think I may cut it down just a hair, seems a bit long when swinging off the deck, but I can't wait to see what I can get out of it on my longer approaches and my second shots on par 5s.

As a shorter hitter and someone who doesn't feel comfortable hitting their drives, it's nice to have a club in the bag you know you can play for a second shot to get yourself back in position.

More to come shortly after the next two days of golf.

Got out this after noon for a few holes with my wife. Been working on a few things with my swing and it’s been a big change. Confidence is coming back and I figured i would give the 3W another chance and both tee shots were hammered. Here is one of them....

https://youtu.be/WreuxeKoEDg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent some more time with the hybrid. I really like the trajectory and distance of the CBX 119 but I think the shaft is just a little too weak to put it in the bag. The dispersion was all over the map.

After making a small swing change that drastically improved my ball striking......this 3W and I have been getting a long very very well. Im so happy with the performance of this club for me, I have removed my shorter 2nd driver and the 3W took its place. Yesterday I played a course where the par 5's are long and I don't normally go for the green in two on par 5's anyway. One par 5 I was on in two, and two others I was pin high in the rough . That is SUCH an advantage for me. I also hit this off the tee 3 times and put myself in great positions for my 2nd shots.

It just goes straight as well as the 2 hybrid. Stoked to say the least to have these in the bag.

Had a couple of really good shots with the hybrid on Sunday. I hit one way right (my fault), but it went a long way and had a ton of height. Crazy how far this club goes.

I'm back from my trip and will be back on the testing of the CBX119 after this weekend. I have a club tourney this weekend which is a qualifier for the President's Cup team so I'm not going to change anything in the bag til after Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yup....these still don't suck. Straight rocket launchers

Quick review this morning as I get ready for work...

I spent some time on the range with the CBX119 hybrid yesterday morning. It's a 19* head with a PX Evenflow Blue 6.0 shaft. It's definitely a bomber, and surprisingly straight. What I mean by that is I have a tendency the hook the crap out of every hybrid I hit. It takes some doing for me to turn over this hybrid. Nothing but long straight bombs for the most part. And after setting it next to another 19* hybrid I have, it seems to me the face sits a little more open at address. In the pics below, the club in the front is a 19* Cleveland Launcher HB, and in the back is the cbx.

Overall, it's a fantastic hybrid. Is it something I'd game? After a shaft change, maybe. Again, the shaft being 6.0 is a little on the soft side, and I'd have to do some major bag shuffling to make it fit. It sits in a tough spot in the bag for me. It's not quite as long as my 5w (which is my hands down favorite club in the bag,) and too long to replace my 23* UT. More testing to come, and I'll bring it with me to Tahoe to get some other THPers thoughts on it.
30db7e8dc992964e1a199b6b4d93b078.jpg
11cb4de7e970b2bf08f9e70171433e4c.jpg

I think the one thing I notice more than any other FW I've tried previously is that the 119 3w really sets up well at address, it enters that goldilocks stage where it isn't too big and looks overwhelming and it isn't too small and it's overwhelming for me to hit it! But also from a depth of face, it's just right to frame the ball and get it ready to hit.

I've primarily been playing it off the deck, I still think it's a bit long, I'm going to trim it a bit, but I can't wait to try and test it off the tee in my next few fun rounds. I try not to test as much during competition rounds or tournaments, but when I'm out playing for fun or with the family, I love to try different shots, it's the best kind of practice round.

More to come.

After playing three days of tournament golf this past weekend.......for sure the 119 3W and 2 Hybrid have found a home in my bag.

2BFAST;n8875350 said:
After playing three days of tournament golf this past weekend.......for sure the 119 3W and 2 Hybrid have found a home in my bag.

OOF!!! I forgot about you bro. Sorry, been stupid busy. You should have something coming your way by the end of the week.

kevin81002;n8875509 said:
OOF!!! I forgot about you bro. Sorry, been stupid busy. You should have something coming your way by the end of the week.

Yahtzee!

BigDill .....what questions do you have?

2BFAST;n8881581 said:
BigDill .....what questions do you have?

I am looking for something that has a higher ball flight and some forgiveness that can be played off of the fairway. I was looking at the CBC 119 because of the EvenFlow Blue shaft option.

BigDill;n8882380 said:
I am looking for something that has a higher ball flight and some forgiveness that can be played off of the fairway. I was looking at the CBC 119 because of the EvenFlow Blue shaft option.
Hybrid or wood?

I’m starting to eye ball these......need to go hit one to see.

kevin81002;n8882444 said:
Hybrid or wood?

Hybrid.

BigDill;n8882457 said:
The hybrid does have a nice high ballflight. To me, it sets up a little more open than any other hybrid I've hit, which I really like. I have a tendency to hook pretty much any hybrid I've tried. With the CBX119, I had to really try to make it go left. Most shots were straight to very slight fade.

BigDill;n8882380 said:

I have the EF Black and my ball flight is medium to high ish flight. Kevin is right, is doesn't sit closed as it sits slightly open. Which im totally cool with. I would love to try the EF Blue just to test.

Its forgiving, its more forgiving than the last two Hybrids I have gamed or sure. I feel toe shots aren't near as penalizing as before and I have gotten away with shots that I shouldn't of. Its also very clean to me at address.

They are def worth taking a look at for sure.

Nate;n8882450 said:
I’m starting to eye ball these......need to go hit one to see.

Def worth taking a look at Nate. Lots of great stock shaft options.

2BFAST;n8882695 said:
Def worth taking a look at Nate. Lots of great stock shaft options.

Was in the PGA store and took one out and placed it on the ground and it looked pretty good with the old eyes. Didn't have a chut face, looked encouraging loft wise w/ the 20 degree and was very compact looking. Have always struggled with finding "the one" hybrid for me and my bag.

Its for sure clean, performs clean too

I took the hybrid back out for testing last night and I got way better results this time. I hit it from 225 out and found the green on a par 5. I also hit 3 shots off the tee on a tight par 4 and you could throw a blanket over them. I even tried hitting a stinger with one of them to keep the ball flight down and still was right next to the other two.

Had a good range session yesterday. No point in hitting the hybrid any more on the range, I just know what it will do. If I do hit it, its just to feel and see something awesome. I love it. Thanks Tour Edge.

Back