2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

Really enjoying all the solid feedback on these so far and I’m definitely gonna have to check my local DSG for some of the trial packs!

I have done a ton of chipping in my living room with them and a couple differences between the Z Star and the XV are pretty evident. They have me leaning more toward the XV still, it’s definitely got a firmer feel and it seems to launch higher which is something that will definitely help me.

The SeRM cover while having a funny name it does seem to be pretty legit, it even feels different to the touch and gives you the feeling it going to help. Glad to hear it’s been pretty durable so far for people.

I finally got a couple rounds in with these balls and I’ve been pretty impressed by them. The only negative comment I can make is that I did scuff one pretty badly that hit a tree that might not have been damaged to the extent that it was had it been a more durable ball. I did find that the cover more than made up for that with the amount of green side spin I was seeing, you can be pretty aggressive with them. The launch, spin, ball flight in general were really great for me with the Z Star XV, which will probably be the ball I play going forward. I may however keep a few Z Stars in the bag for when I have one of those holes that’s just playing dead into the fan, they seemed to excell there.

So far, really impressed! If anyone is looking for a premium ball to play, do yourself a favor and try these out. Having them come in under the $40/dozen price point is a nice bonus too.

I was at Wal-Mart today. They had 2 dozen Srixon Yellow Z-Star golf balls on clearance for $10 a piece. I should have grabbed them. I might go back tonight after work.

Found a yellow Z Star and used it for the last 5 holes today - the course had us playing the same 9 twice so I had just played these same holes with my usual Chrome Softs - the Zstar was for sure farther and flew great - I ended my day going, par, par, birdie, eagle, par, birdie!
Of course I attribute this to the ball haha!! Really gotta buy some now. How do I know what year the one I have is? I took a pic if it helps - it's yellow and has the words Z Star between two alignment arrows
TIA

Found a yellow Z Star and used it for the last 5 holes today - the course had us playing the same 9 twice so I had just played these same holes with my usual Chrome Softs - the Zstar was for sure farther and flew great - I ended my day going, par, par, birdie, eagle, par, birdie!
Of course I attribute this to the ball haha!! Really gotta buy some now. How do I know what year the one I have is? I took a pic if it helps - it's yellow and has the words Z Star between two alignment arrows
TIA
Like this?

No there was an arrow instead of the dash -dot on either side of the word Z Star

That would be the previous release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the 2019 alignment. I never played the previous release, but I know a handful of guys that loved them. Still a damn good ball!

b6b694f2f9b72e121f29b93c94df6801.jpg

Thanks. The one I found looks like this
Maybe a fluke string of holes but wow
f92e52d90224adbd641cbd1045a157f8.jpg

Thanks. The one I found looks like this
Maybe a fluke string of holes but wow
f92e52d90224adbd641cbd1045a157f8.jpg

I believe the one below is from last year, that may be from a couple releases ago. I won that on a Twitter contest last year, so that’s just a guess. Could be older...

fa031a0e66b36bec2f3035940a64ef33.jpg

Hey, I found this pic showing some markings! Hope it helps with the Walmart buys! I have seen some peoples posting pics that show the 2015 version from Walmart which is still a good buy for $10 I would say!

Attachments

• ZStar_Markings.jpg
    ZStar_Markings.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 4
That's it!! 2015 for $10??? May have to return some of my chromesofts and Pro V's that I have!

I freaking love the new XV.

I mean, love.

I mean, love.

these and the regular ZStars have been quiet performers in the golf ball space. I never tried the QStars, but those got solid feedback as well.

I mean, love.

I don't mean to be a "Skimmer" but I value your opinion.
Why? What makes this ball better that the "X" Version of other brands.
Again not try to be a "Jag" - I truly want your thoughts.

It looks like the XV is my ball for 2019.

Another XV guy here!

I don't mean to be a "Skimmer" but I value your opinion.
Why? What makes this ball better that the "X" Version of other brands.
Again not try to be a "Jag" - I truly want your thoughts.

I'm seeing great distance, a feel that I like, a higher peak ballflight, and ample spin into greens.

Not a whole lot not to love there.

And, proving so far to be much more durable than the new TP's.

I'm seeing great distance, a feel that I like, a higher peak ballflight, and ample spin into greens.

Not a whole lot not to love there.

And, proving so far to be much more durable than the new TP's.

Hi Jman,
Did you ever finalize your decision between the zstar xv and the new TP5/TP5X? If so, what was the deciding factor?

Hi Jman,
Did you ever finalize your decision between the zstar xv and the new TP5/TP5X? If so, what was the deciding factor?

I’ve not. The weather hasn’t, nor the health of my household with all the littles being sick for what feels like most of the year already, let me really get out and put them toe to toe.

Advantage lies with the XV for me just with the handful of things I’ve been able to mess around with though.

My new XZs should be delivered tomorrow. Cant wait to compare them to the previous model.

I’ve not. The weather hasn’t, nor the health of my household with all the littles being sick for what feels like most of the year already, let me really get out and put them toe to toe.

Advantage lies with the XV for me just with the handful of things I’ve been able to mess around with though.

I’ve got about 4 dozen Z-Stars left to play out from last years batch before I get into my TP5’s. I played the Z Star on my first round last weekend and the damn thing was just so good. Super long and nice and spiny around the green. Might be a little tougher to make the switch than I thought. Might just go back and forth and nail one down. Such a good price on these compared to the TM’s.

So I may have converted a playing partner that’s been a pV1x for a long time to XV ball. He’s liking it very well

Both of these balls are extremely good. I still cant figure out which ball I'll use for the season.

I keep using a Z star ball that has survived that past 4 rounds I've played (not at haig point).

I think the XV might be longer with irons and off the tee, but I have more control with the z star. Around the green I still cant believe how similar they play.

Back