2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

The regular Z-Star will be the one I will try.

Can’t wait to try these out. I have played the XV for the past two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot wait until the feedback comes flooding in from the Srixon event. Will be killer.

I always felt that the Z-Star cut through the wind better than any other ball for me. Especially into the wind. If they have improved that I'm all-in.

Switched to the z-star last year. Haven’t looked back. Great ball. Does everything I want. Bought a bunch at half price last year at Golftown.
Using them in my sim. They last a long time.
Looking forward to this year’s version.

but it started on a bit of a flatter trajectory before getting up.

That’s what happens when you get older.

I have used the Z-Star for the last several years as one of my go to balls (the other being the Chrome Soft), can't wait to try this generation of the Z-Star.

Awesome, write-up, had me chuckling a bit at some of the comments.

Having tried these balls, reading about the thinner cover, makes sense with the wear I was seeing on the balls during a round.

Looking forward to playing these balls some more. Distance has been great, even in the cold weather.

Having tried these balls, reading about the thinner cover, makes sense with the wear I was seeing on the balls during a round.

Looking forward to playing these balls some more. Distance has been great, even in the cold weather.

Can you compare them to the prior generation at all? Any input is great

Serm is the best term they could come up with?

Other than that, things look and sound good. Esp the price, keeping it just below 40.

Thanks. I try to have some fun with them.

Can you compare them to the prior generation at all? Any input is great

I have a few write-ups in the older thread.

Also, the faster makes sense, I was seeing pretty good distance for cold wet conditions this time of year.

Greenside approach performance is comparable to old versions as well

If I was going to the Srixon event, I would be tossing some sh*t to Noelle and Zack on the SeRM term lol Not like they had anything to do with it, but would still be fun.

Srixon balls are my go to ball. I love everything about them from performance to price. Going to pick up a sleeve of each of these and see how the fair to each other and to the Q Star Tour.

I've had great luck with the Z Series myself. I like both of them about equally. I seem to get slightly better performance with the XV but like the feel of the regular Z better.

Really like the 20.00 a dozen price point I've found them at several times!

I am always very curious to see what Srixon brings to the table for golf balls. Probably the most under rated brand out there considering how good they are. I know I could spin the hell out of the previous Z stars, so I’m interested to see what the new version does. Spin off the driver seemed to be an issue in the past (a little higher than competition), as the Z stars would be a little further behind carry wise than some other brands offerings in that range. Irons and wedges it’s hard to beat though. If they brought that driver spin back down with this version, I will be buying a few.

I think I’ll definitely be picking up a few dozen of these, probably a dozen of each to see which I like better to start out. Swing speed recs says I should go XV, but we shall see. I’m also looking forward to trying out that cover to!

Swing speed puts me in XV too but for some reason have always preferred the regular. Wedge game goes crazy on the regulars haha.

Just ordered 4 dozen of each. Will be my ball purchase for this year. I really loved the previous xv, but I have been enjoying the Q star tour as well. The regular z star got me into the srixon line. Cant wait to put these in play.

2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

Ever find a ball on course and it completely blows you away?? I found the previous version XV on my 8th or 9th hole of the day. Had started playing an MTB but after a little confusion with another playing partner also gaming one switched to the V1X I had been fit for. Distance with both were similar and what I was accustomed to. After a cart path incident, played an additional 18 with the Srixon XV.

If their engineers somehow made this one better it will open up eyes. I honestly don't know if it was bringing in a slightly lower flight with driver (my guess), but comparing the back 9 I played with other balls and the one I played dog tired with the XV, the Srixon ball was longer on every driver hole (except one where they tied, but the XV was pulled and was stopped by a tree and that one was the exact same yardage).

These yardages come from ShotScope, on the same day. Conditions were windier for the latter ball, which may help on some downwind holes, but that was only on 3 holes. Numbers were close to all carry on most holes. A little soggy but very playable

Hole 11 - 214 XV, 211 MTB
Hole 12 - 213 XV, 181 MTB (two crap strikes, can overlook but still)
Hole 14 - 243 XV, 228 V1X
Hole 15 - 237 XV, 225 V1X
Hole 17 - 230 XV, 229 V1X (XV pulled left, took unplayable as it was stopped by a tree)
Hole 18 - 259 XV, 255 V1X

I don't have comparison data from the other balls on the front 9, but my drives with the Srixon were 244 4 wood, 259 D, 282 D, 222 D (unplayable, damn trees), 238 D into the wind, and then I floated the last 2 up into the wind as I was real tired, 187 both times. Those were bad spinny drives that launched way too high by me. After a few of the drives I knew the ball was longer so I'm glad I had Shotscope with me to provide the real data.

Off the driver this was very impressive. I also had some full wedges in and stopping power was fine. Wish my iron game had been better but really only stuck a 4i into wind (minimal roll out, a couple yards). Also hit a tiny target with a cutty 4i on a short par 5, but it didn't hold. Honestly, I'm not sure even the V1X would have held there.

Chipping and pitching, I thought it spun more or less between the V1X and the MTB Black. Will probably need to use them on courses I play more often.

I know all this info was on the prior ball, but I think a lot of it should hold true to the newer version. I honestly can't remember the last time I was so pleasantly surprised by a ball. Going to get a dozen of the new ball and test.

Edit:
My shot of the day - a flighted sand wedge from 86 (into the wind) that bit a little and rolled back to the flag. Pitch mark is a few feet up. Helped me save par after one of those terrible skied drives.

9e1f7b241269c1d3a5ace6c56ad0b62b.jpg

c872b53b901fb04561c17b1166f84a3b.jpg

I should have some thoughts on these eventually...hopefully Mother Nature cooperates with me SOON!

c872b53b901fb04561c17b1166f84a3b.jpg

I should have some thoughts on these eventually...hopefully Mother Nature cooperates with me SOON!

Look forward to the comparison- I’m thinking I need to fill my bag with SeRM this year.

Look forward to the comparison- I’m thinking I need to fill my bag with SeRM this year.

I actually haven’t spent much time with the Z Star, played a sleeve of them that I got at a pro am a few years ago and just never picked up any more. I did win a couple sleeves of the Kelly green Z Stars last year through a Twitter contest and finally played a couple during my last round. Really enjoyed them and I’m looking forward to seeing how the new ball plays! SeRM!

I actually haven’t spent much time with the Z Star, played a sleeve of them that I got at a pro am a few years ago and just never picked up any more. I did win a couple sleeves of the Kelly green Z Stars last year through a Twitter contest and finally played a couple during my last round. Really enjoyed them and I’m looking forward to seeing how the new ball plays! SeRM!

I think you will like them Jeremy. They are a great ball into the wind and ride the wind very well. Had my 3 longest drives last year with this ball in a best ball tournament.

Put these in play and came away impressed. I did sheer a bit of the cover off on my first wedge swing of the day, but didn't have any issues other than that.

Did you find one model to scuff faster than the other or both pretty comparable durability?

I've been doing some indoor putting with both models and it's pretty easy to tell the difference between the ball with how they sound off the putter face. At first I thought it was just the putter I was using, so I decided to change that up too. Wanted to make sure what I was feeling, I was feeling because of ball, not putter, so I rolled with two different inserts and two different milled options. Personally, I like the feel of the normal Z-Star in this area, it's quieter, has a deeper tone to it, which makes it feel nice and soft. The XV has more of a click to it, which makes it come across as not so soft. This is going back a ways, but that sound reminds me of my old Nike One Tour D golf ball.

Anyway, hoping my thumb is healed enough so that I can go get some numbers with these and compare them to see what kind of a difference there would be for my game.

Quite interested in these, been using soft feel for the past couple of years so will be interesting to see how these differ. Has anybody used both? Is it worth swapping?

Back