2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

And a comparison, Z-Star top, Pro V1 unknown year lower left, Bridgestone Tour B330(S?) lower right.

54343589372b3f674f262b0d61ad440a.jpg

Played the 2019 Z Star yesterday for the first time. Noticeably lower launch on my driver and felt very firm. Want a big fan of the feel of the driver. I've been playing CSX, project a, QST, so softer balls than the Z Star, but I was still surprised.

Performance was still there though. Going to keep on playing these to see how my opinion on the feel changes, if at all.

Great outing with the Z-Star XV today, I've been playing it for about a half dozen straight rounds now and am getting really comfortable. Feel around the greens and putting is firm, responsive, and enjoyably positive. Lots of spin greenside, but you can also chip and run when desired. On full approaches, there is tons of spin to be had. Today I drew a 9i from past the pin off the front edge with minimal slope assist. 7i drop and stop. And 5i from long range (220!) with just piercing trajectory and stuck one the hop, just 5ft from the pitch mark.

Warm 90* day with little wind but in hot temps this ball seems to want to move. Plenty of distance today.

I’ve been going through a real experiment with golf balls from pretty much entry level to better ( Callaway super soft, Bridgestone E6 and 12 Titleist DT and Srixon ) and I’m liking the whole Srixon line up with the QST my likely favourite but I’m going to try out the Z Star this weekend. For me the whole Srixon line have performed very well with a nice consistent feel. One of the other brands have disappointed so much that they have ended up as my practice balls at home rather than being gamed.

Making those balls.

f266d245ee67697217929f9d8d2a701e.gif

Seriously contemplating moving to the XV full time...

Jman;n8875864 said:
Seriously contemplating moving to the XV full time...

been playing it and the Z on and off and really hard to tell much difference - maybe a bit more spin with the Z and a little more distance with XV

I’ve played the Z since April of this year and the ball has really performed well for me. With my consistent inconsistency on the golf course it has performed awesome. I have hit some bombs off the tee and around the greens it has done very well for me. I honestly hadn’t tried the XV on a full round but probably need to give it a proper trial tbh.

I’ve played the XV almost exclusively all year and it’s just a really really good golf ball. It does everything you want it to do and after loading up with the sales the deals are unbeatable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z Star
I bought into the softer is better for lower swing speeds and the QST and BRXS worked well for the last two years. Deciding to help lower scores I needed more spin around the greens.
The last two rounds I could not believe the difference off the tee with the Z Star.
At first i wasn't sure about the firmer feel, but I don't notice it anymore.
The test for spin around the greens will come Saturday as my local course keeps the greens soft.

???Maybe try a sleeve of XV tomorrow???

I played with Z-star this weekend and I was about 5 yards longer with it than Chromesoft/Tour Soft mix I had according to TheGrint app. Did hurt what little short game I have right now because it spun much more I expected. I will play the Z-star ball for a long time to come just because of great feel, performance and cost.

Finally lost my last previous gen z star and put the new one in play last night.

Only a couple of holes but initial thoughts were this ball sounded a little more “clicky” than the other. Spin around greens was phenomenal.

Men’s league Thursday night and these will be all I play so hope to share some more thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks to another companies social media attempts at humor (well, employees of the company), it made my decision super easy to move myself and my HS team back to the Srixon XV.

6dz purchased, so let's go!

Jman;n8879269 said:
Thanks to another companies social media attempts at humor (well, employees of the company), it made my decision super easy to move myself and my HS team back to the Srixon XV.

Hmmm...............other companies attempts at humor? TMAG maybe since you seemed to be 5X convert?

XV vs ZStar? Interesting.

potbunker;n8879473 said:
Hmmm...............other companies attempts at humor? TMAG maybe since you seemed to be 5X convert?

XV vs ZStar? Interesting.

Nope, still love TMAG and the TP’s.

Jman;n8879269 said:

Thank you for pointing that out. Glad you made the switch. Your team will love gaming them

potbunker;n8879532 said:
Why XZ and not ZStar?

Better ball for my needs in terms of launch and spin.

If I was higher spin player, I think I would the XV ball but last year when I was trying them out, couldn’t get them to stop on the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally spent a little more time with these than just a few holes.

The “clicky” sound I thought that I had heard during my couple of holes was just a figment of my imagination. I had no issues with the sound of the ball coming off the clubs.

The spin these things generate around the green is lovely. I can tell a noticeable difference with these over the previous versions. I hit a shot with my 58* wedge around the green which required an open face coming down a downhill lie and a down-sloped green and the ball checked up going down the hill and settled to about a foot. My playing partners were asking how did that check like that?!?!

Distance wise they seem about the same as the previous version so far. The course was a little wet so balls were hitting and stopping pretty much in the fairways. Off my irons, I could not tell of any gains or losses in distance.

Overall, I’m very pleased. I’m looking forward to getting more time with these this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Put these in play today for the back 9. Really, really like it off all clubs. Threw some interesting short game attempts at it and the Z Star is a champ around the greens. Maybe it’s my familiarity with past iterations, but it just seems very predictable when I put a decent move on it.

Played most of last weekend with the XV after not having one in play for a few months. I seemed to be hitting my irons 5 yards farther than most balls, driver was as straight as I'm capable of and a few tricky pitches checked up as quickly as I could have hoped. Besides pure curiosity there isn't really a point in playing other balls.

One of these rounds was super windy, had to be 30mph coming off the lake. The XV did surprisingly well holding it's line and not ballooning.

I am still loving the z star. Everything I want in a ball, spin, feel, distance, durability and confidence when using it. There is nothing bad I could say about it. I sometimes try the XV or other brands because I worry maybe there is something better or I am not using the best ball for my game and swing speed. But everytime I come back to the z star mid round and just play better. I guess now the only decision left is white or yellow. I have a couple dozen white that will last me this season and start the next. Anyone find a difference between the z or XV, or between white or yellow besides color?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I am still loving the z star. Everything I want in a ball, spin, feel, distance, durability and confidence when using it. There is nothing bad I could say about it. I sometimes try the XV or other brands because I worry maybe there is something better or I am not using the best ball for my game and swing speed. But everytime I come back to the z star mid round and just play better.

I have been thinking this for the last 3 months, but not said it out loud. I've been tinkering all year but the ZStar is HOME.

Golftown has these for $27 CDN for my Canadian peeps. Just picked up 4 dozen.

Back