Precision Pro NX9 HD Slope

Are there plans to have these available through retailers who carried Precision Pro products in the past or will these only be for sale directly through the website?

Are there plans to have these available through retailers who carried Precision Pro products in the past or will these only be for sale directly through the website?

They will be in some retailers but it will be a couple extra weeks before they reach retailers.

We will be stocked up next week and ready to ship then. We totally get how people like to feel and play with something in store before buying but we do offer a 90-day money back guarantee so if you don't want to wait, there is no risk in purchasing and if somehow it doesn't meet your expectations send it back.

My outing on Monday was a bit of a mixed bag but the course had lot of trees. The rangefinder seemed to struggle a bit with pin readings with many trees in the background. I'm curious if this is linked to the fact that the vibration confirmation occurs on every reading and not just the pin. It's the only issue I've encountered but has occurred more than once.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

My outing on Monday was a bit of a mixed bag but the course had lot of trees. The rangefinder seemed to struggle a bit with pin readings with many trees in the background. Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Can vouch for that. Anytime trees are in the background the number could read 227-165-227-227.

When that happens I just shoot the front of the green or a portion of the green and you get that number consistently, just add a few yards, give or take.

Can vouch for that. Anytime trees are in the background the number could read 227-165-227-227.

When that happens I just shoot the front of the green or a portion of the green and you get that number consistently, just add a few yards, give or take.

I feel like for the price and trying to be competitive with the other premium rangefinders out there, this shouldn’t be necessary to do.

I loved my NX7 slope too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like for the price and trying to be competitive with the other premium rangefinders out there, this shouldn’t be necessary to do.

I loved my NX7 slope too.

I own the NX7 Pro and I like it.

I had the same issue with a Bushnell Medalist and Callaway s200. Trees are trees, tough for me to blame the device when trees are in the back.

It’s not a big deal to me to shoot the front of the green to get an approximate distance. And it’s not like i play courses with forests behind the green anyway, time to time it happens.

My outing on Monday was a bit of a mixed bag but the course had lot of trees. The rangefinder seemed to struggle a bit with pin readings with many trees in the background. I'm curious if this is linked to the fact that the vibration confirmation occurs on every reading and not just the pin. It's the only issue I've encountered but has occurred more than once.

My home course has the little prisms on the top of the flag sticks - does this resolve any of the background number issues?

My home course has the little prisms on the top of the flag sticks - does this resolve any of the background number issues?
Good question and perhaps it could.

I notice some courses I play have some sort of reflector or mini flag on the middle of the flagstick. Sometimes I can just shoot that and get a distance as well.

How have these continued to perform for those of you who pulled the trigger on an early purchase?

I ran into this same issue repeatedly this last round on a course with many trees. I called PrecisionPro and was advised that I should try panning over the flag to get a clear reading. This helped somewhat but on some shots, I still had to read 3-4x to be sure. I'll give it another round to see if it really is problematic for me.

I ran into this same issue repeatedly this last round on a course with many trees. I called PrecisionPro and was advised that I should try panning over the flag to get a clear reading. This helped somewhat but on some shots, I still had to read 3-4x to be sure. I'll give it another round to see if it really is problematic for me.

That's interesting. Depending on how far behind the green you're seeing issues with this, my home course has 9 or 10 greens where this could pose a problem - enough that this would be a no-go for me.

That's interesting. Depending on how far behind the green you're seeing issues with this, my home course has 9 or 10 greens where this could pose a problem - enough that this would be a no-go for me.
So I got out with a buddy and walked 9 holes. I adjusted the focus a bit as it was marginally out of focus for some reason and in those twilight hours the optics shined. Much more accurate on the day and I didn't have nearly the same issues. Wondering if my hands were a bit too shaky on the last round but I'm hoping to get another round under my belt this weekend.

Sidenote: I love the magnet!

Are the guys that have this still having issues? Thinking of getting a rangefinder this weekend and there's a good special on these.

Any more feedback on this kit from the THPers who have one in play? Specifically any differences in performance where flags might have the prism reflectors? Thanks!

Sooner21;n8896262 said:
Are the guys that have this still having issues? Thinking of getting a rangefinder this weekend and there's a good special on these.

I gave it another round or so and then returned it. Got a Bushnell Pro XE and I'm not having the issue on the exact same holes. Not saying everyone would have the same issue but flags against a tree line just struggled to register. Could've been my unit.

I have nothing to compare it to, as this was my first time using a rangefinder, but this thing is fantastic. I don't have the steadiest hands, but it was no problem locking in on flags. If I managed to get a tree in the background first, it was quick and easy to find the pin with a second push of the power button.

The built-in magnet is genius. It did not budge a lick when stuck to one of the square posts when riding across our busted cart paths this evening.

I am not sure what took me so long to get one of these. It is significantly faster than any GPS app I've ever used; no contest.

We have a strange crossover of holes, where the par-3 7th sneaks between the 17th green and 18th tee. The 6th is perpendicular to the 7th, so my approach on 6 put the 6th and 17th pins almost perfectly in line with each other. When I shot the distance, I could just as easily get the 6th flag as the 17th. No problems at all just shooting the green surface or front bunker to get a good enough idea of the distance on that hole.

The only issue I had was that it was easy to press a button when grabbing it off the cart pole or putting it back after using it, so there were a few times I inadvertently changed the mode. That should be easy enough to adapt to with more use.

The NX9 is now fully stocked! And use code Hackers to take $20 off!!

I am hoping the one I ordered from budget Golf shows up tomorrow so I have it for this weekends round.

I finally was able to get out on the course with my new NX9. This is my first rangefinder so I really have no way to compare it to others.

I know it's only one round but the NX9 worked flawlessly.

Optics & zoom were great and very sharp. Display for both Slope & Non-Slope were clear and readable. I do have a little shake in the hands,
so I took most of the readings twice to be sure and it was exact same. I was able to lock in on every pin with immediate response. On hazards
and such, obviously they were a little different because it isn't the same exact spot but they were consistent to choose proper clubs.

I tried the magnet on the cart and it did stay secure but I was scared to leave it there as the course and paths were hilly and bumpy. I didn't want
to take any chances so I left it in the case on the cart.

Needless to say I was very happy with the performance of the NX9. I will continue to use GPS as well for layouts and such but feel better knowing
I can lock in on a distance with the NX9. Now hitting that distance is a different story, hopefully it helps my confidence with club selection.

I will update the thread with any new information as I get more and more use out of my NX9.

Mine says it is out for delivery.... really hoping it shows up before I leave for the range. Missed having one on Sunday but could definitely use it this coming weekend when I play.

I ordered mine Sept. 11th and received it on the 18th. Used it that weekend and went to use it yesterday and the battery was dead. Luckily I had picked up a CR2 battery and had it with me, replaced the battery and worked fine. Hopefully it was just a bad batch of batteries and it doesn't happen again or it will be going back!

I ordered mine Sept. 11th and received it on the 18th. Used it that weekend and went to use it yesterday and the battery was dead. Luckily I had picked up a CR2 battery and had it with me, replaced the battery and worked fine. Hopefully it was just a bad batch of batteries and it doesn't happen again or it will be going back!

if you register it, precision pro will replace the batteries free I think. Either way that stinks.

if you register it, precision pro will replace the batteries free I think. Either way that stinks.
I registered it last night when I got home from the course and sent them a email about my issue. Haven't heard back from them yet.

Got mine in and the optics are fantastic. Light weight and the magnet seems pretty strong.

Only thing is the size of the mode button, have hit it a couple times in very feed shots and don’t want to be in a tournament and accidentally click to slope but don’t think it will be a problem once I get used to it.

Got mine in and the optics are fantastic. Light weight and the magnet seems pretty strong.

Only thing is the size of the mode button, have hit it a couple times in very feed shots and don’t want to be in a tournament and accidentally click to slope but don’t think it will be a problem once I get used to it.
Lol, I suffer from fat finger syndrome and ended up clubbing short on two steep uphill approach shots, thought I had slope on. ?

Back