2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

You have to remember that its team golf, so rarely are you just playing your own thing.
It's why I have stressed for a while for those that struggle with repeatability and their swing, should really be spending their time with that focus. Practicing putting, chipping, etc. That's fine, but the grass, greens, and bunkers are all going to be different than what you are used to. If you are a fairly low handicap, that should be your focus. If you are a high handicap, focus on the golf swing for TWO REASONS.

1. It will abandon you and nobody wants that. The idea of "look at all my pops" has resulted in a loss just about every time it has been a thing.
2. You have a chance to go through the fitting of a lifetime. Wouldn't you want your swing to be the best possible swing it can be?

I will second this, especially on the bunkers. The bunkers are like no other bunkers I have hit out of! I remember being on the practice range and heading over to the sand trap to get a feel for them and boy were they hard to hit out of. The sand just sucks your club in. Honestly, it's just hard to explain it, but everyone should be ready to adapt. This course is like no other you will play on and as JB states, focus on your short game! That is where you will make your money. Secondly, you are going to playing with clubs you have never played with before, so your game is going to change a little. Lastly, everyone should relax and have fun! This is what the event is all about. If you concentrate on winning and not on getting the most out of the friendships and experience and good people, you are missing it all!

I will second this, especially on the bunkers. The bunkers are like no other bunkers I have hit out of! I remember being on the practice range and heading over to the sand trap to get a feel for them and boy were they hard to hit out of. The sand just sucks your club in. Honestly, it's just hard to explain it, but everyone should be ready to adapt. This course is like no other you will play on and as JB states, focus on your short game! That is where you will make your money. Secondly, you are going to playing with clubs you have never played with before, so your game is going to change a little. Lastly, everyone should relax and have fun! This is what the event is all about. If you concentrate on winning and not on getting the most out of the friendships and experience and good people, you are missing it all!

On the sand topic - is it the fluffy, pro style sand?

Anyone know where I can source some nice custom iron covers for the event? Preferably ones that float in case someone decides to send them for a swim?

radi going in after said iron covers after @JasonFinleyCG gets them wet.

Dude, I am still over the moon! I think about it everyday and my poor wife is getting annoyed with me talking about it all the time! I cannot wait to meet you and the crew!

Have you been practicing lately? You might need to when you play us :p

Definitely no practice. Was in Europe last week for our sales meeting and I did actually get a few rounds in. I will be ready for you....don't worry.

Any insight into the Zoocrew side? Has the dream team been assembled? Something tells me they're going to need some time to get their games into shape if that belt is going to stay in cali ;)

We will be far from a dream team, just a team! And, as usual, we will be ready and we will have a great time.

So looking forward to getting out there, meeting everyone, and seeing all the shiny things that you guys have been working on.

It's a combination of both. It's super soft but still thick if that makes sense. I had never hit out of sand like that before!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We will be far from a dream team, just a team! And, as usual, we will be ready and we will have a great time.
Can't wait to meet team zoocrew!

. Like it was mentioned I had never flown, I like to be in control, even consid err Ed driving but it was a chance of a lifetime so what the heck. The flying was cool I’ve flown 12 times now since #TheGrandaddy. The whole experience was life changing to me and I thank JB and Callaway for that. I’m a lifer with both.
Your nerves will calm down once you get around all the guys in California. Nerves at the presentation no you’re head will be spinning so no time to be nervous ?. Fitting again your head will be spinning, Plus you probably won’t have the swing you think you do. I went in with a plan to focus on driver fitting, cause I knew what I wanted in shafts/setup for irons, I ended up wasting time with irons ?. The range time never enough time to work on everything that is new in your bag just try to find a comfortable setup. The matches gosh just have fun! I had a ball in team event and then got so locked into my match I didn’t enjoy the group I was with. I regret that because it was a great group. Listen just have fun is the key the whole company and zoo crew, course hosts are fantastic people

So glad to hear that you are now a traveling man a a result of GD, that is very cool.

You know it's getting closer to time when Finley's post count start to increase! Getting the troops ready for December up in here. Can't wait to follow along and have all those stored memories come back out again. One special event that brings out the best in everyone.

It's a combination of both. It's super soft but still thick if that makes sense. I had never hit out of sand like that before!

So it’s basically beach sand, or sand that’s new to a bunker and hasn’t settled in yet?

IIRC it was a nice blend of right in the middle. Things may have changed, but in 2015 I cant remember anyone saying it was "too fluffy" or hard to judge. Like anything it's back to you playing your sand game and you'll be fine.

IIRC it was a nice blend of right in the middle. Things may have changed, but in 2015 I cant remember anyone saying it was "too fluffy" or hard to judge. Like anything it's back to you playing your sand game and you'll be fine.
I have a suspicion the sand in my home course will be similar - @jdtox any I out there ? Although I don’t think you were in the sand when we played....

So it’s basically beach sand, or sand that’s new to a bunker and hasn’t settled in yet?
This is a great example! Also, I'm not saying it's super hard to hit out of but when you aren't used to good sand it throws you off and it sucked the club in until I hit a few shots out of it to get used too.

This is a great example! Also, I'm not saying it's super hard to hit out of but when you aren't used to good sand it throws you off and it sucked the club in until I hit a few shots out of it to get used too.

That's me. Our sand seems like a mix of class 5 and playground sand. Some bunkers have way too much sand, some are hard and compact. Not sure how I'll adjust to hitting out of the good stuff.

Good sand is a good way to describe it haha. Just gotta keep your speed up and remember what RFC says about bunker play. Keep that weight on your lead leg, and leave it there, and bounce is your friend.

Most sand I have to hit out of when I'm in it is crappy. Lol

Good sand is a good way to describe it haha. Just gotta keep your speed up and remember what RFC says about bunker play. Keep that weight on your lead leg, and leave it there, and bounce is your friend.
Correct!!

Don’t worry @JourdanInMich doesn’t have to worry about the sand, he doesn’t ever hit it there ;)

Back