2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

This is what I am hoping for. One amazing tee shot to put my nerves to rest. Stand there with my golfers pose watching the ball bound down the fairway.
Your cap is 10 shots better than mine so I wouldn’t bet against you! ??

Really nice to see this team completed. Looks like a good mix of guys and personalities.

I was just thinking today about playing at the hideaway and having a caddy. I’ve been lucky to have had a few rounds with a caddy and I actually really enjoy having them there. Just the act of talking through and pausing before each shot with the caddy helps big time. Playing without one, many times I don’t think and plan as much, which can lead to trouble.

I know that’s sorta the purpose of a caddy but I’m just super pumped and feeling so lucky to get to experience this.

I thought the sand was fantastic. Exact same conditions on every hole. Nice and fluffy. Well, technically it was crushed marble.....

Great googily moogily that is some gorgeous looking sand!

I was just thinking today about playing at the hideaway and having a caddy. I’ve been lucky to have had a few rounds with a caddy and I actually really enjoy having them there. Just the act of talking through and pausing before each shot with the caddy helps big time. Playing without one, many times I don’t think and plan as much, which can lead to trouble.

I know that’s sorta the purpose of a caddy but I’m just super pumped and feeling so lucky to get to experience this.

I endorse this message 100%! I’ve played a few rounds with a caddie and it’s amazing how much better you typically play golf. Just slows you down and calms the nerves.

for caddies, i like to know target lines, and distances to specific targets. green reading will be much appreciated as well.

Never played with a caddie, looking forward to seeing what it's all about. I think just the course knowledge will be huge. Not typically a fan of someone trying to read a putt for me.

6 weeks. holy crap only six weeks!!!! that is hard to believe. work and life got in the way of any golf, but i’m ready to get back into it. unfortunately it also took me out of the exercise and diet routine, so that starts back up tomorrow.

i can not wait to see what callaway has in store for us! what new clubs are on the horizon? what swag will they have compiled for us? who will be on the zoo crew team?! so many unknowns, all of which are really fun and exciting.

Never played with a caddie, looking forward to seeing what it's all about. I think just the course knowledge will be huge. Not typically a fan of someone trying to read a putt for me.

I'm usually pretty good with reading putts, but there were a few putts with some subtle breaks that the caddy really helped with. Generally they'll give you anything you ask for, and won't for anything you don't want, so you won't have to worry about someone giving you a read you don't want if you think it'll cross you up.

I can't believe the event is coming up so quickly and can't wait to follow.

There were times I got to my ball on the green and it was already cleaned and lined up. He just told me if it was uphill or downhill. Talk about VIP service!!

Had a great caddie experience recently at Mammoth Dunes. Great lines for shots, green reads, and yardage adjustments. Not only is it helpful, but it can help take the pressure off your own game. Don’t have to question it.

I really look forward to having the fore caddie along for the ride out at the hideaway. Will just help complete what will be an incredible experience.

As I have never got to play with a caddy I am really looking forward to that part of the experience.

for my team members, tell me about your ideal teammate for a team competition. what kind of strengths in your teammate will complement your game? what kind of personality do you click with best?

for my team members, tell me about your ideal teammate for a team competition. what kind of strengths in your teammate will complement your game? what kind of personality do you click with best?
Oh, I seem to do best with people with dissimilar strengths and weaknesses. My strength is my length. But, I can falter on the greens at times. I am longer than average, but that can be troublesome if I'm not straight any given day. If I'm out of play, but my partner is steady Eddie and in the fairway, I'm not usually too concerned as I can more than likely have an iron in hand anyways. Even if we're a couple hundred yards out, I'll be able to get us on or at least in the vicinity.

I think my short game is decent. But my putting can be really streaky. Nerves can really get me on the greens.

Just put me with someone who can putt lights out and I'll be fine. :p

In terms of personality, I think I do a pretty good job getting to know and getting along with almost anybody. Having gotten to know my Grandaddy brothers as much as I have, I can say that I'd be proud to play with any of them. I don't care what our final score is as long as the round is a light hearted time. We'll play our games, but we'll have fun, laugh, and smile the whole time.

I am the short knocker on the team driver wise so pairing me with someone who can hit long and in the fairway will be good. I am confident in my short game so having short irons in will be good for me.
I'm older but really like all these younger guys as they have great attitudes and will happily play with any of them, they just need to have a good appreciation for good looking shoes. ;)
I like to talk some smack to need someone to help with that and back it up. :ROFLMAO:
LFG and do this, we are going to laugh and high 5 for sure, so just be ready to have a good time on the course because I plan to have a lot of fun and someones expense.
Just remind me when it is my shot because I will get lost in the beautiful scenery of the Hideaway.

I’d play best with someone that is super even keeled, positive, and doesn’t get down about shots not going as planned.
Also, a pretty straight hitter would complement my game. Generally, if I’m in the fairway, I will hit the green. Can get a bit wayward off the tees

I am the short knocker on the team driver wise so pairing me with someone who can hit long and in the fairway will be good. I am confident in my short game so having short irons in will be good for me.
I'm older but really like all these younger guys as they have great attitudes and will happily play with any of them, they just need to have a good appreciation for good looking shoes. ;)
I like to talk some smack to need someone to help with that and back it up. :ROFLMAO:
LFG and do this, we are going to laugh and high 5 for sure, so just be ready to have a good time on the course because I plan to have a lot of fun and someones expense.
Just remind me when it is my shot because I will get lost in the beautiful scenery of the Hideaway.
I think @badolds probably has the most appreciation for your taste in shoes...

I'll say this snicks, if I have enough time before the event and find out I'm your partner, I'll do my best to grow a matching mustache.

So I’ve only ever played in one team competition and it was the Gauntlet with THP in 2017. Thinking back, I lost one match with my partner on day 1 but won with a different partner on day 2. Day one my partner and I had similar strengths and obviously didn’t have much success. The second day my partner had a great short game and putted very well. So from a golf standpoint, I think I’ll have the most success with someone who has opposite strengths.

Personality-wise, I am very laid back and I can have a good time with anyone. I don’t see myself having an issue with anyone on this team. :)

I'll say this snicks, if I have enough time before the event and find out I'm your partner, I'll do my best to grow a matching mustache.

Dang I thought you would say you would get some matching shoes!! :giggle:

Dang I thought you would say you would get some matching shoes!! :giggle:
I don't know. Probably be a better choice. Walking into the nest with a stache like yours may be the kiss of death.

Cap, I like to play with guys who like to drink cocktails and have fun! Game doesn’t matter one bit to me. I play my best golf when we are having fun, cutting up and enjoying each other’s company!

Don’t forget pace of play. If you are a super fast or more deliberate player...it can help make your pairing decision a better one in terms of your playing experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think @badolds probably has the most appreciation for your taste in shoes...

You know, kinda sounds like the entire team should grow Grandaddy mustaches just so everyone is on the same page. Especially with no shave November around the corner, that would be a cool team building moment haha

Question for Grandaddy alums regarding ball? During fitting session does the Callaway fitter suggest which ball in lineup would be the best fit?

Mid irons through wedges are the strength of my game. I would do best with a partner who finds the fairway from the tee even if he is not long. If he was a lights out putter that would be good too. I keep a positive attitude no matter how I am playing so I can play with any member of this team regardless of how awful they're shoes may be.

Question for Grandaddy alums regarding ball? During fitting session does the Callaway fitter suggest which ball in lineup would be the best fit?

It wasn't really addressed during my fitting and I completely spaced off asking about it. I had fully intended to ask but got wrapped up in the rest of it and forgot to ask.

Back