2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Same. Not tiny by any means. Seems to be in line with other gifs that are created and posted on the fly that I have seen in the past.
Alright cool - if I have some good opportunities out there, at least I know I can get it done quickly

Been watching Fireside with Phil and doing calf raises...getting nice and limbered up in case I get the call up!

I’ll be ready! @McLovin @mikeg_74

Good luck to everyone!

I started back at the gym today after tax season...Trying to get myself in shape for the event and to pull this off at the Nest!

If they get Curry. Open invite to Michael Jordan to join our squad.

for my teammates, how has getting the invite affected your ho’ing? do you still lust after clubs? or are you pretty content? i overhauled almost my whole bag right before getting in. but i think if i wasn’t in i probably still would have bought some more stuff. being in had definitely made me really content to wait, knowing the awesomeness that awaits us.

for my teammates, how has getting the invite affected your ho’ing? do you still lust after clubs? or are you pretty content? i overhauled almost my whole bag right before getting in. but i think if i wasn’t in i probably still would have bought some more stuff. being in had definitely made me really content to wait, knowing the awesomeness that awaits us.

More than content! Trying to thin the herd before December; in fact, I'd probably move more equipment if I didn't need it to practice. BUT I did go crazy on CPO the week before I learned so, that probably wet my appetite too.

It definitely kept me from buying at least a new driver head, and probably shaft upgrade for my current 3w. Probably held me off on a putter upgrade as well. It did however flip my club search to buying new shoes and training equipment.

I used to scour ebay every day looking for clubs and components. There is a certain Japanese manufacturer that I really like and was always looking for a good deal. Shafts for my irons and woods were being pondered as well as a Toulon Las Vegas. My ho'ing has amassed me 6 dozen balls and countless head covers so I was already slowing down on those items.

Being invited to the Grandaddy was an immediate intervention to my ho'ing ways. Why do I need more clubs when I am getting a full bag of my dreams? Why do I need to keep guessing about a shaft to better my game when I will be fit by the best in the world? Looking at the haul of gear and swag by former participants leads me to believe that I will be wanting for nothing after the event.

Last edited:
I do far more looking and thinking than purchasing. So, being selected for Team THP has only caused my focus to narrow more towards looking at specific club / shaft combinations rather than do I need it.

My bag wasn’t complete as I was still working on upgrading it over the next couple years. I got a new set just before getting the golden ticket and I tried to cancel the order but it was already built. So now I have it and sold my other set. I’m planning to sell it, along with everything else I have next spring as I need them now to practice.

after the Grandaddy I should be set for a long time with the new clubs and they’ll be fitted.

after the Grandaddy I should be set for a long time with the new clubs and they’ll be fitted.

this is the part i’m interested in for myself. i don’t have a good track record for sticking with clubs for more than a year. i often try to buy better scores. but this will be the first (and likely only) time i will be fit by tour fitters.

this is the part i’m interested in for myself. i don’t have a good track record for sticking with clubs for more than a year. i often try to buy better scores. but this will be the first (and likely only) time i will be fit by tour fitters.
My wife would be thrilled if I stuck with these - and considering the fitting we will be receiving , this could be a first.

mad for bag prior to the event, I’m thrilled with my current setup. The apex combo is the best iron set I’ve ever played, so part of what I’m most excited for is seeing what the fitters can put me in that would top those.

CPO has a habit of catching my attention with multiple sales per year. If I had not been selected, I have a feeling that I would have a different set of irons in the bag. But, most of my ho'ing was done before I was picked. With our short season, once things kick off, i tend to keep my bag somewhat consistent.

I have stopped!!! Golf USA in Manhattan was concerned and sent me a coupon!!!!
I really think if the clubs work for me that I get fit into then I won't need another set of irons for quite sometime.

.....you guys say that. I know most of you guys in here are club ho's no matter what

.....you guys say that. I know most of you guys in here are club ho's no matter what

Dunno man, I get into something like this and the only thing I would have a need to buy would be extra gloves and a dozen balls for all the short game practicing I’d be doing ahead of time.

This fitting will save me lots of $, at least for 2020. :) I think part of my ho'ing is due to a lack of fittings because I can lose confidence in a club quickly, and then it's gone. Knowing that the clubs have been fit by the ECPC, though, will give me a ton of confidence in them: I won't need to worry if my self-fitting was a bad one. So excited for the fitting, especially in the irons.

Last edited:

Yup. I try to stick with clubs as long as I can. Tinkering too much can mess with my game on the mental side and make me feel less confident.

with this amazing opportunity, we have access to a lot of higher end shafts that opens up more opportunities to get a shaft that works best for our game. Once fitted, I have noone Else to blame but myself for bad shots. One of the reasons I went with blades this year is to get more responsive feedback on mishits that will tell me what I’m doing wrong.

I was likely in the market for new irons early in 2020, but was pretty satisfied with the rest of my bag. Driver, 3 wood, driving iron (my favorite club), wedges and putter were all newish and were working.

However, I am pumped for the complete bag overhaul being done at ECPC by some of the best fitters in the world.

We are on THP...we are all and always will be club ho’s!

Back