2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

To the Grandaddy alumni and current teammates- what was it like explaining what the Grandaddy is about to your friends and family How did they react?
My wife was extremely skeptical. But, I had been telling her about the contests on THP for a couple of months as I entered them. Letting her know that if I won one of them I would have to pay some money and travel expenses. The morning I got the PM from JB, I was still in bed and jumped up, ran to the bathroom, and could hardly spit out what I was trying to say. Her response was something like, yeah right, how much is this going to cost? When I told her it was all expenses paid, she shifted to assuming she could come with. She's excited for me, but a little jealous at the same time. We are overdo for a vacation. I think she is already planning one in retribution.

I told my close friend who said something to the tune of me having a horseshoe shoved up my a**. I had just won a nice shaft from True Temper on Twitter not long before. He pretty much already had a list of clubs he wants out of my current bag, lol.

My Dad used to be a big golfer but he was never really all that into equipment. He's excited for me, but I don't think he understands the magnitude of what is going to transpire.

but I don't think he understands the magnitude of what is going to transpire.

I think this is the situation for most of us. It's nearly impossible for those outside of THP to truly comprehend it.

I think this is the situation for most of us. It's nearly impossible for those outside of THP to truly comprehend it.
You are correct, its funny how many times people ask "Do you get to keep the clubs?"

The beauty behind all of these stories is for the naysayers or those that do not comprehend, just tell them to login.

I love that you can pull up the old Live threads so anyone can look back and see a glimpse of what "impossible" stuff is done around here.

The beauty behind all of these stories is for the naysayers or those that do not comprehend, just tell them to login.

My story is very similar to most of the guys. My wife is very excited for me but also a little skeptical as we have a 3yr old and a 9month old and she’ll be on her own for a week. My Dad is really excited for me.

I told my buddies and they think I’m full of crap, then I send them the link and tell them to sign up and become an albatross member and this could be them!

My wife was very happy for me and was only upset when I told her she wasn’t allowed to come with :oops:

my parents are thrilled but they don’t fully grasp the concept as they asked if I’ll be “on tv/PGA tour” now. :LOL:

yeah but then my wife will read my rants, and my "what golf stuff did you buy today" posts, and my "what did you shoot today" posts on days i was supposed to be at work. nope. nuh uh. not gonna do it. wouldn't be prudent.

Wow, the team has been a little quiet since the email from Penny came. Who is getting excited?

Anticipation of another Penny email is real! If I had to guess the next contact will have some flight details. We are like kids waiting for Christmas, except this is better than Christmas!

if i can bottle up my ball-striking and putting from today, and sprinkle it over my head like pixie dust before each round at the hideaway, i'll be cracking some zoo crew skulls and breaking their hearts. after i got my head out of my bum for the 3-hole stretch of 2-4 where i went double-double-bogey, i played just about the best golf i'm capable of. drives in the 270y mark, hitting my number with any iron i pulled, and spectacular pace with my putts. it was a ton of fun, and i beat my best friend 5&4, where he usually beats me when we play.

I just remember 2 years ago when it got to be this time of the year, just grinding on my short game and putting. no matter how cold it was outside.
So jealousy of this years team.
Enjoy the ride Gents and soak it in.
Go in with you eyes wide open, see everything twice.
Make sure you commensurate with the Zoo Crew!

Last edited:
if i can bottle up my ball-striking and putting from today, and sprinkle it over my head like pixie dust before each round at the hideaway, i'll be cracking some zoo crew skulls and breaking their hearts. after i got my head out of my bum for the 3-hole stretch of 2-4 where i went double-double-bogey, i played just about the best golf i'm capable of. drives in the 270y mark, hitting my number with any iron i pulled, and spectacular pace with my putts. it was a ton of fun, and i beat my best friend 5&4, where he usually beats me when we play.
That is great to hear things are coming around for you. With your busy season winding down I hope you can keep the good golf going right up to the Grandaddy.

Gotta say folks, we've got some really good players on the team this year.

Gotta say folks, we've got some really good players on the team this year.

Our team really isn’t that good, we are trying to get better each day.
The Zoo Crew are a great group of players and we respect the hell out of them.
We are going to take it one shot at a time and live in the moment.

Any other cliche’s I left out!

I’m so ready for knowledge bombs, new gear, great times, fun golf, memorable matches, lifelong friendships, beautiful scenery, bus rides, breakfast sliders, blueberry vodka lemonades, and just being fancy.

And so ready to take so many pics for the forum and Instagram and bring everyone along for the ride.

so close now.

My wife has the same questions. Helps even more that I miss my anniversary annually for it.

My wife has the same questions. Helps even more that I miss my anniversary annually for it.

"How many times do I have to tell you honey, I have to go meet up with a bunch of dudes from the internet"

?

“Bye, Yep, I’m off to the coal mines again.“

*......casually walks around the corner to car until out of sight”

1571957239338.gif

Even more appreciated by the guys this year I hope. Not just any anniversary, but the big 20 year. Congratulations too, that’s a big milestone.

Even more appreciated by the guys this year I hope. Not just any anniversary, but the big 20 year. Congratulations too, that’s a big milestone.

I believe it to be more of a miracle that she has put up with me for that long.

To the Grandaddy alumni and current teammates- what was it like explaining what the Grandaddy is about to your friends and family How did they react?
I've been called a "jerk" a couple times. :LOL:

I’m so ready for knowledge bombs, new gear, great times, fun golf, memorable matches, lifelong friendships, beautiful scenery, bus rides, breakfast sliders, blueberry vodka lemonades, and just being fancy.

And so ready to take so many pics for the forum and Instagram and bring everyone along for the ride.

so close now.
We are so ready to follow and absorb all the info, reactions and photos you can share with us! :love:

LOL... not all years are milestone years though! :p

I totally get it. I’m going on a half miracle (10 years) myself.

Miracles do happen!
Congrats on the milestone. Can’t wait to celebrate with you!

Back