Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liking the balance. Posting up on that left leg really nicely. How old is he?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    REPRESENTING THP IN THE 2019 GRANDADDY!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tadashi70 View Post
      This team is shaping up quite well!!! Howís everyoneís prep going? How have you all been getting along this far?
      Played some matchplay with GD alum shanewu yesterday. Haven't done that in a long time. Played 27 today to get used to playing that much in one day. Lesson yesterday with driver and fairways was good, just some minor adjustments made to stance for alignment and minor grip adjustment.
      Driver Maybe something Flash?
      Fairways Some more awesome Flash?
      Irons I have no idea what might go in here!!!
      Wedges probably some MD goodness
      probably something that rolls awesome
      an awesone ball

Humbled member of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with Callaway.

2016 Cleveland Short Game Shootout
      "Forget the last hole played, you can't change the outcome. Move on."

Comment

• For those following along for the Grandaddy ride who are curious who the hell I am :)

I posted a chunk of info with some backstory, pics, and swing video in a separate thread. One of the most important things to me in my role of THP representative for the Grandaddy is that everyone has an idea of who I am and what makes me tick. So, there are no questions too personal, or no information off limits to the THP community.

So, if you want to check it out, I will be posting to the thread below:

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Grandaddy-Prep

Comment

• Iím working an overnight shift tonight and am planning to get some range time in the morning. Plan to spend most of the time with my wedges and putter.
          Spencer

Proud to represent Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy
          ------------------------------------------
          Driver: TBD
          FW: TBD
          Hybrids: TBD
          Irons:
          TBD
          Wedges: TBD
          Putter: TBD
          Bag:

2016 THP/UST Shaft Spectacular
          2017 Morgan Cup - Team Hackers
          2018 THP Sweep participant
          2019 Grandaddy - Team THP

Comment

• Do Grandaddy participants get the sticks before they get there?
            Flextech Stand Bag
            2017 M1 8.5* Ozik Black Tie 70M4 X
            CBX 119 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 X
            816 H2 19* w/ White 90G X
            Apex CF19 Smoke Irons W/ CTaper Lite X
            Glide 2.0 W/ DG Tour Issue Onyx S400 50-54-58
            On Order! Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s. Mid July
            Pro V1X

2019 TEEm Tour Edge Participant
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyDMPLS View Post
              Do Grandaddy participants get the sticks before they get there?
              No. They are fit while there and clubs get built overnight and show up on the course the next morning for them. Iíd recommend going back and reading some of the old threads to get an idea of how different and special this event truly is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              In my bag:
              Driver: GBB Epic SZ 9į Elements Chrome 7F5T
              3 Wood: Rogue Elements Platinum 8F5T
              2 Hybrid: Epic Recoil 95 F5
              Irons 4-AW: Apex Combo Custom Recoil Protos 110 F5
              Wedges: RTX-4 54į Mid & 58į Low Recoil Wedge Proto F5
              Putter: Toulon Stroke Lab San Diego 35Ē
              Ball: Z-Star
              Grips: Multi-Compound New Decade Red & Black

Proud Participant in the 2017 THP UST Mamiya Shaft Up #3 and The Shaft Up Finale

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyDMPLS View Post
                Do Grandaddy participants get the sticks before they get there?
                When you have several hours, this is last year's live thread.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Update-Thread

It's absolutely crazy how much happens in five days. Callaway essentially shuts down a portion of their operation so THP can come in, get fit, have their clubs built, then take a huge chunk of their marketing dept out to the desert to golf for a couple of days.
                Spencer

Irons:
                TBD
                Bag:

Comment

• Iíve been focusing on getting my consistency together and working on a more repeatable swing. Iím lining up a lesson pack after pricing it out and looking to get it on the books this week.

Overall been lots of great chatter both on and off the forum

For me, I love the little detailed bits that go into a fitting so Iíve been pulling together all my old fitting data from the last 5 years or whatever I can dig up, even when I just try out a driver or something in passing, I usually make quick note and save it for later.

Its probably overkill but I want to be able to go into things with data in hand so whomever my fitter is, will already have a decent history of events to either build on, or totally rip them up and throw out the window. Either way it goes Iím all in on that part already and watched a few videos they have posted when fitting at their range.

The fact that you just know that everything is going to be calibrated, accurate and interpreted by a true expert vs a random shop, and possibly out date or juiced up makes it all the more exciting.
                  2019 Grandaddy Member
                  Gamers
                  :
                  z545 9.5 Driver - Attas Cool 7X
                  F65 3w 15 deg - Mizu 6X
                  King Utility Black - AMT white x100
                  z545 4-PW - DG x100
                  CBX 48, CBX 54, RTX 2.0 60 - DG x100
                  Spider Limited Putter - Game
                  Sigma 2 Arna - Under Review
                  Four 5 14-way Bag
                  Tri-Swivel II Cart
                  Snell MTB Black

Under Review/Tinker:
                  Sigma 2 Arna - THP Review
                  910H 19 deg - Aldia NV green - Tinker
                  FlexTech Lifestyle Bag 5 way - THP Review

Comment

• Originally posted by clarkgriswold View Post
                    ...I’ve been pulling together all my old fitting data from the last 5 years or whatever I can dig up, even when I just try out a driver or something in passing, I usually make quick note and save it for later.
                    That's not a bad idea. Going in with somewhat of a baseline, but keeping options completely open.
                    Spencer

Irons:
                    TBD
                    Bag:

Comment

• Originally posted by clarkgriswold View Post
                      I’ve been focusing on getting my consistency together and working on a more repeatable swing. I’m lining up a lesson pack after pricing it out and looking to get it on the books this week.

Overall been lots of great chatter both on and off the forum

For me, I love the little detailed bits that go into a fitting so I’ve been pulling together all my old fitting data from the last 5 years or whatever I can dig up, even when I just try out a driver or something in passing, I usually make quick note and save it for later.

Its probably overkill but I want to be able to go into things with data in hand so whomever my fitter is, will already have a decent history of events to either build on, or totally rip them up and throw out the window. Either way it goes I’m all in on that part already and watched a few videos they have posted when fitting at their range.

The fact that you just know that everything is going to be calibrated, accurate and interpreted by a true expert vs a random shop, and possibly out date or juiced up makes it all the more exciting.
                      i think we should all just chip in and buy a gc quad together. less than $1k per person. it's a no-brainer!
                      awesomeness
                      perfection
                      innovation
                      excellence
                      brilliance
                      pioneering
                      leading
                      redefining

Humbled, honored, and beaming with excitement to be the Captain (what, CAPTAIN???) of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with

Comment

• it was fun to blow the mind of my fitter yesterday to tell him about the grandaddy! as special as it is and will be to actually participate in the event (and it will be AMAZING), there's something uniquely special about sharing the joy with others and seeing the disbelief on their faces when you run through the nonstop awesomeness that is the grandaddy.
                        awesomeness
                        perfection
                        innovation
                        excellence
                        brilliance
                        pioneering
                        leading
                        redefining

Humbled, honored, and beaming with excitement to be the Captain (what, CAPTAIN???) of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with

Comment

• Originally posted by McLovin View Post
                          it was fun to blow the mind of my fitter yesterday to tell him about the grandaddy! as special as it is and will be to actually participate in the event (and it will be AMAZING), there's something uniquely special about sharing the joy with others and seeing the disbelief on their faces when you run through the nonstop awesomeness that is the grandaddy.
                          Itís just going to be so special. Hitting my irons so well right now, but really looking forward to getting to work with the tour fitters.

How lucky are we ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          and THP, thank you so much - cannot wait to carry on THE REAL Tradition Unlike Any Other:
                          The Freaking #grandaddy2019 !!!

Hybrid: Rocket launcher from all lies, jailbreak goodness.
                          Irons: Something from the mad scientists in Doc Hock's R&D labs.
                          Wedges: OH PLEASE OH PLEASE LET THEM BE FORGED
                          Putter: Whatever the hell Luke and Sean tell me to use.
                          Ball: This could be interesting.

Huge thanks to THP and for the incredible irons and shafts from #shaftup 3 - fitting and build by the amazing Danny Le. Game and life changing experience.

Comment

• Iím so pumped to get fitted. Iíve had fittings before but being able to get EVERYTHING they recommend from top to bottom is actually blowing my mind.

Iíve had fittings before but many times it was only 1 or 2 clubs or when itís been the whole bag, I havenít been able to purchase everything OR Iíve had to select cheaper or less expensive options due to my own budget. Itís cool to know price isnít going to be a factor, just go with what the fitter recommends and find it on a golf cart the next day [emoji1316][emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            2019 Granddaddy Participant!
                            Proud Member of Team 99 Malort & 2017 Callaway Gauntlet Champs!

DRIVER:
                            G410 Plus 9* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X
                            3WOOD: TS2 13.5* (B2) PX Even Flow T1100 6.5 (Tipped 1")
                            3 HYBRID: Aeroburner 19* Accra FX-H300
                            4-PW IRONS: Z765 2* Flat KBS Tour X-Flex 130
                            WEDGES: Vokey SM7 Brushed Steel: 50F, 54F, and 60D with TT DG S400 Tour Issue
                            PUTTER: Mullen 2 Brushed Copper 34Ē
                            BALL: ERC Soft

Comment

• The fitting should be an eye opener for me. I suspect that my specs will be very similar to what I currently play in irons. But, I have never gone through a wedge, putter, or fairway wood fitting. My wedge shafts have always just been whatever stock shaft came with the club. I feel like a heavier shaft will do me some good. But, that's the beauty of being fit by experts. I am going to go into it with my current specs, let them know what's worked well in the past, and just let them lead the way from there.

Putter fitting will be great. I don't know what the best head/neck combo would be for me. Even length, lie, and loft. I don't know if I could make more putts with a lower lofted putter.

Every time I play, I look at the clubs in my bag and just wonder what it will look like next season. I still suspect that I would gravitate towards an Epic Forged long iron should it be an option. I am really excited to hit those at the top end of the set.

Comment

• Originally posted by McLovin View Post
                                it was fun to blow the mind of my fitter yesterday to tell him about the grandaddy! as special as it is and will be to actually participate in the event (and it will be AMAZING), there's something uniquely special about sharing the joy with others and seeing the disbelief on their faces when you run through the nonstop awesomeness that is the grandaddy.
                                Ya I told my instructor and he was like ya that will be fun!!!! He asked me if I had ever played 1 OEM all the way thru the bag and the answer is no. So this will be a first for me and really looking forward to it.
                                Driver Maybe something Flash?
                                Fairways Some more awesome Flash?
                                Irons I have no idea what might go in here!!!
                                Wedges probably some MD goodness
                                probably something that rolls awesome
                                an awesone ball

Humbled member of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with Callaway.

2016 Cleveland Short Game Shootout
                                "Forget the last hole played, you can't change the outcome. Move on."

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X