2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Wednesday, a friend that we got to fill in for one of our regulars who was out of town, asked me much the same thing. "What's the "G" stand for, George (which he knows happens to be my first name though I don't go by it)?" I told him "No", and explained to him all about #TheGrandaddy and had all the clubs and "G" logo balls to back it up. He was flabbergasted! I then proceeded to tell him all about the THP Albatross program and the support for St Judes that it provides. He was impressed.

@JasonFinleyCG When he pulls up to the course with custom truvis with @McLovin ’s face on them so he can hit him for 18 holes.

1572050505392.gif

I know it’s not possible but I feel almost as excited as you fellas with The Grandaddy just around the corner. I can’t even fathom the excitement you guys get every morning when you wake up and realize you’re one day closer. Enjoy the ride, I know we all will following your journey.

I know it’s not possible but I feel almost as excited as you fellas with The Grandaddy just around the corner. I can’t even fathom the excitement you guys get every morning when you wake up and realize you’re one day closer. Enjoy the ride, I know we all will following your journey.

thanks jimmy! yesterday was a fun little preview for me. got to play a fantastic course with great friends, and put a little pressure on my game. i didn’t perform as well as i wanted, but it’s nice to be reminded that a great setting with great friends is better than playing great.

thanks jimmy! yesterday was a fun little preview for me. got to play a fantastic course with great friends, and put a little pressure on my game. i didn’t perform as well as i wanted, but it’s nice to be reminded that a great setting with great friends is better than playing great.
Through my short journey to the grandaddy, this has unexpectedly become a motto for me. I’m so anxious and excited to play with my teammates and weirdly less concerned about how I will play.

Good morning everyone, sitting here relaxing before I go to work today. 28° outside and thinking how nice it will be at the Hideaway!!! Will be getting some golf in tomorrow, but in chilly temps. Plan on some singles matchplay with @shanewu

What is the all time win loss record of the Grandaddy? I am sure it is on here somewhere, but I can’t find it. Any help?

What is the all time win loss record of the Grandaddy? I am sure it is on here somewhere, but I can’t find it. Any help?

do you mean match scores? or just event results?

Can’t believe we’re sitting on 5 weeks till travel day!! It’s getting so close!

Today's Screen Saver #LFG!
Hideaway 2 .jpg

Couple things from an insane weekend. @McLovin is ? ready to go. He got it around a tough course and dissected it nicely.

second, I hit a few new to me iron sets. For me, the CF19s in Mr Lovin’s bag stood above them all. Wasn’t really playing too hot at all that day. Started playing these in the back and the good feels came back immediately. Last 6 holes I hit some strong approaches. If I could putt at all may have shot pretty close to par over that stretch.

Over the cf16 significant upgrades in feel and forgiveness, low and toe side.

Callaway bringing something better than this to the table for you guys would lead to 12 incredibly happy THPers

Couple things from an insane weekend. @McLovin is ? ready to go. He got it around a tough course and dissected it nicely.

second, I hit a few new to me iron sets. For me, the CF19s in Mr Lovin’s bag stood above them all. Wasn’t really playing too hot at all that day. Started playing these in the back and the good feels came back immediately. Last 6 holes I hit some strong approaches. If I could putt at all may have shot pretty close to par over that stretch.

Over the cf16 significant upgrades in feel and forgiveness, low and toe side.

Callaway bringing something better than this to the table for you guys would lead to 12 incredibly happy THPers
I know Chris has a blast playing with you and I wish I could have joined you guys. You crushed it with updates, thanks for the great work!

34 degrees this morning, I'm ready for some California weather!!!!

We haven't gotten anything near what you've head up there Snicks, but I'm ready for Cali weather, too. :)

I know Chris has a blast playing with you and I wish I could have joined you guys. You crushed it with updates, thanks for the great work!
Well I hope if there’s ever a Grandaddy alumni reunion you’ll all welcome me into the group as honorary mascot. Need to find a way to tee it up with you, Snickerdog and the rest of the gang

Almost down to a month to go. Grinding it out indoors any way I can trying to keep the swing grooved. Made some revelations, found good feels, lost said feels, and found them again in the last 2-3 weeks since I have played real golf. Highs won't break 40 again for the foreseeable future. Don't want to wish my life away, but man, December cannot get here fast enough.

front 9 went pretty well, but the back 9 got in my head a little more than i wanted it to. definitely some strong takeaways and positives, though. i think the highlight for me was #17. i was 2-down to @MWard and @OITW. the hole was playing around 160 uphill. that is such an intimidating hole, especially with the pin tucked left. i made a good swing, but went a little long and had a really tough up-and-down. i ended up 2-putting from the fringe, making a 5-footer to take the hole and stay dormie. i pooped the bed on #18, but at least 17 showed me that i can buckle down and play some good golf when needed.

Highs won't break 40 again for the foreseeable future. Don't want to wish my life away, but man, December cannot get here fast enough.

Cannot echo this strongly enough as I look out the window at 19* and snow, with two more inches to come today apparently. Unfortunately, it looks like the 9 holes I played on Friday afternoon might be my last real golf before the Grandaddy.

Back