2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

How is team ZooCrew shaping up? Do we get to see the final roster before hand?
Shaping up very nicely. I would suggest you follow past years for an idea of timing of when you know our roster. Lot's of moving parts to figure out around here.

Results would show your teams get nervous playing us, how bad would it be if we had a tour player out there.

Shaping up very nicely. I would suggest you follow past years for an idea of timing of when you know our roster. Lot's of moving parts to figure out around here.

Results would show your teams get nervous playing us, how bad would it be if we had a tour player out there.

regardless of who ends up on the squad, we can’t wait to party with you guys and play some great golf.

Lots of us in the building on pins and needles hoping to get tapped by Captain Finley.

Lots of us in the building on pins and needles hoping to get tapped by Captain Finley.
I heard a rumor that you’re going to have to DD from the nest this year. Any truth to that?

If I was a betting man, I would bet on Luke WIlliams being in attendance. #NoMallet #LobsterMac

It's going to be awesome to follow along with this group of guys this year, but also completely brutal! I know we had our time in the event but it was sooooooo good I just want to be back!
Meeeeeee tooooooo!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Win or Lose that bus ride home is never fun!
Hopefully you are at least in good feeling this year! Being sick doesn't make anything fun!

regardless of who ends up on the squad, we can’t wait to party with you guys and play some great golf.

I liked this, unliked it, then liked it again there’s so much truth in it.

my recon tonight went VERY well.

i received an email that the one, the ONLY, roger f’ing cleveland was going to be in orlando at the pga tour superstore for a jaws md5 and wedge masterclass.

A7070E40-2970-4324-B821-2EBF1260E1A6.jpeg

traffic was heavier than i expected so i arrived a couple minutes late. the man was already fully into education mode.

9932A5FD-D4CE-42BC-992C-C19F4A3404F5.jpeg

he regaled a crowd of about 25 people on all things wedge. he talked about what sets the jaws md5 apart. about it’s microgooves. about it’s improved feel. about the comprehensive grind offerings. and about shaft options to fit strong players, slower players, and a ladies specific offering as well.

then he fielded questions. i asked a bunch, and he was so gracious with his time. he explained about the target golfer for each grind. he explained about bounce configuration and different deliveries and turf conditions. and he explained that the pm grind outperforms the jaws in many areas, if you can get over how ugly it is (his words haha)

but just when you might think i was the most annoying person there, one guy got stuck like a fly on sh1t to the notion that bounce on the sole is not often the actual bounce. for instance, vokey has a grind that purports 6* of bounce but in actuality had something like 14*. but the guy wouldn’t leave roger alone about callaways 60* x grind. even though it has “12” printed on the sole, it’s actually measured at 20*. this blew the guy’s mind in the worst way and he wouldn’t shut up about it lol

apparently roger was in town to film a spot for golf channel. and pgatss coordinated this little event. i kid you not, in the middle of him talking, he gets a phone call, looks at the screen and apologized because he had to take the call. turns out it was his wife informing him that they were being evacuated from their homes because of he wildfires! prayers to his family and everyone dealing with that terrifying situation.

roger gave us some short game technique advice as well. funny enough, what he advocated was what i’ve been working on this week! no wrist set, just rotate away, and rotate through. almost a straight trailing arm the whole time. but i know for a fact when he does it, it looks good! when i do it, it something more like this

roger finally had to bounce (hehe) to catch a plane, but was gracious enough to stay for pics. here was my chance to introduce myself and ask the most burning question of all: who does he predict will win the 2019 grandaddy???

here i am introducing myself and asking him this very thing!

B26D640B-0A66-49DB-8A81-D0FB9EE33D05.jpeg

roger absolutely remembered the grandaddy and told me that he was pulling for our team! seriously, that’s what he said! so i said thumbs up to that!

6B73B02E-2ADC-45CA-ACA0-92B2CDC39A76.jpeg

so there you have it @JasonFinleyCG. the legend, the man responsible for elevating callaway wedges to #2 in the market and gaining share every year, the man who forgot more about wedges than any of us will ever know, is turning his back on you chucklef***s and pulling for team THP!!!! LFG!!!!!

@McLovin some great info there. I think you should start a new thread with that post.

THPers that haven’t followed all the banter might find it beneficial if that makes sense.

RFC has never disappointed when meeting with THP'ers.

Also, seems that one guy is about 8 degrees off on his measuring somehow. If that's not an internet golfer, I don't know what is.

there he is. Luke the big question is how many blade putters will be in the bags this year.

Can’t wait to catch up with everyone.

What a better way to prep for the grandaddy than our captain attending a wedge masterclass with the man himself - roger Cleveland!

@McLovin awesome stuff in here and I agree with JB and you should def start a thread with all that. ;)

If I was a betting man, I would bet on Luke WIlliams being in attendance. #NoMallet #LobsterMac

How can he not? The first to lead the charge to the neat. Driver/wedge/putter all day on the course.

And yeah, it’s not a lobster and Mac and cheese. Even better.

i received an email that the one, the ONLY, roger f’ing cleveland was going to be in orlando at the pga tour superstore for a jaws md5 and wedge masterclass.

View attachment 8912961

traffic was heavier than i expected so i arrived a couple minutes late. the man was already fully into education mode.

View attachment 8912962

he regaled a crowd of about 25 people on all things wedge. he talked about what sets the jaws md5 apart. about it’s microgooves. about it’s improved feel. about the comprehensive grind offerings. and about shaft options to fit strong players, slower players, and a ladies specific offering as well.

then he fielded questions. i asked a bunch, and he was so gracious with his time. he explained about the target golfer for each grind. he explained about bounce configuration and different deliveries and turf conditions. and he explained that the pm grind outperforms the jaws in many areas, if you can get over how ugly it is (his words haha)

but just when you might think i was the most annoying person there, one guy got stuck like a fly on sh1t to the notion that bounce on the sole is not often the actual bounce. for instance, vokey has a grind that purports 6* of bounce but in actuality had something like 14*. but the guy wouldn’t leave roger alone about callaways 60* x grind. even though it has “12” printed on the sole, it’s actually measured at 20*. this blew the guy’s mind in the worst way and he wouldn’t shut up about it lol

apparently roger was in town to film a spot for golf channel. and pgatss coordinated this little event. i kid you not, in the middle of him talking, he gets a phone call, looks at the screen and apologized because he had to take the call. turns out it was his wife informing him that they were being evacuated from their homes because of he wildfires! prayers to his family and everyone dealing with that terrifying situation.

roger gave us some short game technique advice as well. funny enough, what he advocated was what i’ve been working on this week! no wrist set, just rotate away, and rotate through. almost a straight trailing arm the whole time. but i know for a fact when he does it, it looks good! when i do it, it something more like this

roger finally had to bounce (hehe) to catch a plane, but was gracious enough to stay for pics. here was my chance to introduce myself and ask the most burning question of all: who does he predict will win the 2019 grandaddy???

View attachment 8912963

roger absolutely remembered the grandaddy and told me that he was pulling for our team! seriously, that’s what he said! so i said thumbs up to that!

View attachment 8912964

so there you have it @JasonFinleyCG. the legend, the man responsible for elevating callaway wedges to #2 in the market and gaining share every year, the man who forgot more about wedges than any of us will ever know, is turning his back on you chucklef***s and pulling for team THP!!!! LFG!!!!!

Great post Cap!! What an amazing opportunity to meet a legend of the game.

View attachment 8912961

View attachment 8912962

View attachment 8912963

View attachment 8912964

RFC is the man! Super humble and very down to earth!

Awesome post @McLovin . That was epic

quick note on live posting- bigger file size pics upload quick, unless your cell reception is poor. I was down to 1 bar, probably worse than -100dBm, and not wanting to hold people up just posted quick comments. I think people appreciated anything we’re able to post.

we are chomping at the bit to get flight info! some of our guys have shut down their seasons already. i’m trying to play a handful of times, add in some range time, and be ready to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Back