2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

The beard is presently present, however lacking a belt.

THP, get me back that belt (or send me to get it back myself, whatevs).

Roger that.

Pumped that this is back. Big shout out to everyone involved for letting this Ultimate Event return!!
At the least living vicariously thru the team is 3 days I look forward to every year. Getting picked would be a bonus. I’m also curious to see if “Re-Nesting” becomes a theme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most anticipated event and announcement of the year! How many days til?

The most anticipated event and announcement of the year! How many days til?

Many, filled with a whole lot of fun in between.

Very very happy to see this back and contest being announced. Last years team really crushed it, big shoes to fill. Let’s get it on!!

Great news! It's the best week of December!

Awesome!

Awesome event that I to this day feel honored and humbled to have been a part of.

Yes! So glad this event is coming back!
Get ready to get those entries in guys, this opportunity is insane!

13 of you are about to embark on a 12-18 month journey together. One of the real differences in this event is that you have the opportunity to form relationships over the course of that time together that transcends golf. It’s a glorious thing if you want it and if you let it happen (I’m ridiculously grateful for every single guy on Team THP, as well as the time we still spend together). I wish each of you the best of luck in landing a spot and I sincerely hope your experience in the Grandaddy is as great as mine/ours was.

You will be.

Probably the best news in this thread. PhillyV gets it, I know his input will be very valuable to the selection team.

I’m so stoked to see this coming back with the Assistant captain role again (see how serious I am. No ass jokes! )

This is truly an event that has to be lived to be understood, I wish everyone the best of luck in the upcoming contests and I hope this year’s team members are as lucky as I was to have a team like I was lucky enough to be a part of. I know I can ask almost anything of these guys and they’ll be right there for me. Which is kinda crazy cuz I’ve only spent 4 days with them.

To the hopeful potential members of the 2019 I have one question for you:

Are you ready for the mother effing Grandaddy!!???

The best event in golf. Can't wait for these contests.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Even though we already knew it was coming back, I felt a huge sense of relief and excitement when I heard about the official thread being started.

The assistant captain role makes a ton of sense and worked out tremendously for us, so I'm excited to see that come back as well. Would be a fun and challenging job!

Thank you Callaway and THP for allowing the greatest amateur event to live on!!!

With this being my first full year here on THP, I'm stoked to see what leads up to the GD. Feel like I should just kick back and watch the fun happen. If luck be on my side, maybe even be part of the fun happening.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

With this being my first full year here on THP, I'm stoked to see what leads up to the GD. Feel like I should just kick back and watch the fun happen. If luck be on my side, maybe even be part of the fun happening.

I think you'd be shorting yourself if you didn't try to get into this event. You can't win if you don't enter.

13 of you are about to embark on a 12-18 month journey together. One of the real differences in this event is that you have the opportunity to form relationships over the course of that time together that transcends golf. It’s a glorious thing if you want it and if you let it happen (I’m ridiculously grateful for every single guy on Team THP, as well as the time we still spend together). I wish each of you the best of luck in landing a spot and I sincerely hope your experience in the Grandaddy is as great as mine/ours was.

I can only imagine how close some of the participants from each Grandaddy have become. You all text/talked to each other on so many occasions and then virtually stayed together for a better part of a week night and day. The bonds that developed probably will last many of you a lifetime. I guess you can liken it to those that have been involved in a reality tv show together. It’s just amazing to think a simple golf forum was what lead to such friendships and memories.

Last edited:
I think you'd be shorting yourself if you didn't try to get into this event. You can't win if you don't enter.
Oh I plan on that much. But will never be discouraged if it doesn't happen. Watching an experience like this for others is quite the joy as well.

Oh I plan on that much. But will never be discouraged if it doesn't happen. Watching an experience like this for others is quite the joy as well.

Excellent attitude to have!

Excellent attitude to have!
Apply the same attitude in daily life and you are rarely disappointed. Philosophy on the golf course as well. No point in getting your blood boiling during a bad round. You could always be doing something worse than golfing.

Oh and Thank You Mr. @JasonFinleyCG .... The Grandaddy is Back!!!

This has been so amazingly special to watch, read, and imagine all the wonderful and craziness that is the Grandaddy. Each year the team has done awesome keeping all of us on their journey individually and as a team. Can't wait to see it all coming together in 2019!

This event is so freaking incredible. It is amazing what THP and Callaway have done year after yesr with it. I am stoked that i will have another chance to try for it this year. Not holding my breath, but it would be an honor and a privilege to be a part of it. Will be fun trying regardless.

Let’s get this party started.

Back