2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Even if you are in the first group to get the full swing fitting there will be time to grab different clubs from the bags to warm up and get a feel for. I hit both the '19 Apex and '19 Apex Pro while waiting for the fitting to start.

After hitting quite a few shots the other night with a friends Apex 19's they are very intriguing to me. Club longer than my Hot Metals and was just hitting them dead straight. Heavy head weight felt good.

IMO, if these fitters are qualified to fit tour pros, I think they can handle THP'ers. Oh and they're not fitting you for your good shots. They're fitting your misses. Get familiar with clubs and setups that you may be interested in and have a plan but go in open minded and let the numbers speak. They'll be talking loudly for a long time.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Would love to have another athletic trainer on the team! Bring the game ready and normatec for post-round recovery! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be bruised from cupping and full of tape

I guess it's hard for me to imagine coming out of a fitting at ECPC not feeling confident about the setup I was about to get the next day.
As long as the looks, feel, and numbers work out, I'm totally okay with whatever they put me in!

Btw the Epic Forged irons sound like a lot of fun too!
"That pin is 170 yards out? Time for my 7-iron!"

"That pin is 170 yards out? Time for my 9-iron!"

fify and i’m not even kidding. people talking about picking up 20+ yards!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess it's hard for me to imagine coming out of a fitting at ECPC not feeling confident about the setup I was about to get the next day.
As long as the looks, feel, and numbers work out, I'm totally okay with whatever they put me in!

"That pin is 170 yards out? Time for my 7-iron!"

you don't hit your 7 iron that far? hahaaha jk

fify and i’m not even kidding. people talking about picking up 20+ yards!!!

ya from what I have seen a little bit, I would be struggling to need many iron clubs as it might just run into my driver distance hahaha (slight jest)

I personally have not really seen any crazy distance gains with my Apex Pros. They prob go only maybe 5 yards further than my P770s did.

COMING SOON!

In the next 5-7 days, we'll be posting a thread with pics and a bio of each team member. One of the things that we want to insure is everyone feels like they know a few things about who we are and what we look like. In the past I've struggled a bit in the "live" thread when group pics are posted, not knowing who was who. We don't want that to happen to anyone. Stay tuned.

I personally have not really seen any crazy distance gains with my Apex Pros. They prob go only maybe 5 yards further than my P770s did.

Think he’s referring to the epic forged. Although I have seen almost a club with my apex pros. Probably the forgiveness factor though haha

For me on well struck/center hits I’m seeing about a club and a half longer over my CF-16’s

On shots not struck in the center they are giving me distances equal to my CF-16’s when hit center.

For me these are shining in the forgiveness and ball speed retention on mishits more so than the CF-16’s

Think he’s referring to the epic forged. Although I have seen almost a club with my apex pros. Probably the forgiveness factor though haha

You are also comparing yours to the 919tours, correct? If so, i would expect a full club longer.

You are also comparing yours to the 919tours, correct? If so, i would expect a full club longer.

Yes you’re correct haha. A little bit stronger in loft, lower spinning, etc

Grandaddy question for the alumni:

If playing the hideaway has nothing to do with the grandaddy, where would it rank on your list of courses played? Is it still number one? If not, what course beats it.

If playing the hideaway has nothing to do with the grandaddy, where would it rank on your list of courses played? Is it still number one? If not, what course beats it.

Definitely number one for me. I’ve never been on a nicer course, and that includes tour stop courses.

It's definitely number one for me. I haven't played a ton of different courses but it's way ahead of any other course I've played. Heck, the driving range was nice than most courses I've played.

It’s definitely the nicest course I’ve stepped on. I’m trying to think of the courses I’ve played and I’ve been fortunate enough to play some great tracks, but hospitality, the views, the conditions it’s #1.

It's definitely number one for me. I haven't played a ton of different courses but it's way ahead of any other course I've played. Heck, the driving range was nice than most courses I've played.
Lol, I'm almost worried that it's going to ruin normal golf for me. I'm going to hold every course thereafter to that high standard. And, there is no way any course that I'm stepping foot on can live up to that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lol, I'm almost worried that it's going to ruin normal golf for me. I'm going to hold every course thereafter to that high standard. And, there is no way any course that I'm stepping foot on can live up to that.

You definitely start picking apart courses and saying “it’s good, but it’s not The Hideaway”....

Definitely number 1 course ever for me, just walking in to the clubhouse and overlooking the course it is just an incredible view with the mountains in the background, and then you get on the course and you just can’t believe how perfect it is. Nothing will ever beat that course in my mind.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Coming back to my home course was a tough transition, I'm not going to lie. I played my favorite course in town today which I have always thought was fantastic. Today it was just kind of meh. Still nice but no Hideaway.

I think my answers depend on the course. Clive course, the combination of amenities, views, layouts - I'm not sure there's anything better all around.

The Dye course is a fun layout, conditions and amenities are incredible. But, I think there you can start saying that other courses have a leg up here and there. But let's be clear, it's up there. I think, for me, Harbour Town beat it out in terms of layout, but that's a style of course I just love.

From an overall facility standpoint? #1 and no question.

i have to find a way to keep my game pretty close to where it is right now, and i’ll feel good going into the event. i’m playing very close to what i think is my full potential right now and it’s damn fun. just gotta keep these positive vibes going for the next few months. cuz we have a few other team members to announce!!!

Both courses and everything around it make for an awesome facility.

I'd have to get my list together it's in my top 8 or 9 or so for sure but not #1 that for me was Pinehurst #2.

I think that playing at The Hideaway is a total experience, from the staff, the enmities (comfort stations, beverage service, etc.), to the hospitality of the hosts (Members and Zoo Crew). With all of that, the courses are phenomenal too.

If I’m ranking just Golf Courses that I have played, The Hideaway (Clive & Dye) would rank 3rd & 4th respectfully.

Valhalla
Kapalua- Plantation Course
The Hideaway- Clive
The Hideaway- Dye

When the total experience is taken into account , The Hideaway ranks #1...

Top 5 for sure. Any course I’ve played that holds a PGA event would come before it.

Back