2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Hideaway might be in the top 10.

Rich Harvest Farms
Shadow Creek
Pinehurst

And a few others are a good bit ahead of the Hideaway in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandaddy question for the alumni:

If playing the hideaway has nothing to do with the grandaddy, where would it rank on your list of courses played? Is it still number one? If not, what course beats it.

As a whole, The Hideaway is the greatest golf community I've played in.
Talking just the courses I'd say the Clive course is #3 for me, narrowly behind Tobiano and Capilano, and just ahead of DC Ranch and Bay Hill.

when you put the whole experience together, i can’t fathom how anything could ever surpass the grandaddy. the hideaway is one insane part of that. i’ve played some premier courses, but i’ve never before and never will again be a part of something this special and privileged. so as cool as the hideaway will be, it’s one part that sums to the whole unsurpassable experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Considering the whole experience, course layouts, conditions, hospitality and amenities they rank #1 and #2 for me. Courses alone top 5.

COMING SOON!

In the next 5-7 days, we'll be posting a thread with pics and a bio of each team member. One of the things that we want to insure is everyone feels like they know a few things about who we are and what we look like. In the past I've struggled a bit in the "live" thread when group pics are posted, not knowing who was who. We don't want that to happen to anyone. Stay tuned.

Bumping this for those who missed it. It’s sometimes tough following any THP not always knowing who’s who in pictures and videos. Hopefully this will help following the grandaddy in December a bit easier.

Hideaway might be in the top 10.

Rich Harvest Farms
Shadow Creek
Pinehurst

And a few others are a good bit ahead of the Hideaway in my mind.

Rich Harvest Farms was so sick.

Both courses and everything around it make for an awesome facility.

I'd have to get my list together it's in my top 8 or 9 or so for sure but not #1 that for me was Pinehurst #2.

Haha well you have gone around and played some pretty cool places so I’m not shocked that there are some contenders.

current bag ponder

flash 10.5 with project x hzrdus smoke yellow 65 6.0
flash sz fw 18* ust proforce vts 6 silver
flash hybrid 3h px catalyst hyb 6.0
apex 19 hybrid 4h tt catalyst 80 6.0
apex 19 pro 5-aw smoke tt elevate tour black
md4 54 bent to 53 s grind matte black ttdg s200
md4 56 bent to 57 x grind matte black ttdg s200
odyssey sl tuttle 33.5”
toulon sl atlanta 33.5”
ball tbd

*drool*

2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

current bag ponder

flash 10.5 with project x hzrdus smoke yellow 65 6.0
flash sz fw 18* ust proforce vts 6 silver
flash hybrid 3h px catalyst hyb 6.0
apex 19 hybrid 4h tt catalyst 80 6.0
apex 19 pro 5-aw smoke tt elevate tour black
md4 54 bent to 53 s grind matte black ttdg s200
md4 56 bent to 57 x grind matte black ttdg s200
odyssey sl tuttle 33.5”
toulon sl atlanta 33.5”
ball tbd

*drool*

Not thinking epic forged haha?

Also is 56 typically your highest wedge?

Not thinking epic forged haha?

Also is 56 typically your highest wedge?

only spot i could see those irons making sense is in a driving iron or long iron, and i prefer a hybrid in those spots.

this year i’ve been trying to make the 56 work everywhere. my pm19 58 is on indefinite timeout, so the 56 has been a workhorse and been going fine. i don’t mind a 60, but around the greens i don’t play high lofted shots well.

only spot i could see those irons making sense is in a driving iron or long iron, and i prefer a hybrid in those spots.

this year i’ve been trying to make the 56 work everywhere. my pm19 58 is on indefinite timeout, so the 56 has been a workhorse and been going fine. i don’t mind a 60, but around the greens i don’t play high lofted shots well.

Good stuff. Just wondering is all haha.

I agree about the epic forged though. I haven’t hit them but with how many are stating how long they are, I would have to imagine I would only want them in the longer iron where my distances can vary greatly due to strike as well as not having the height to get a good gap of carry distance. Just unsure of where that spot is. Between the 4/5 or if it really starts at the 5/6 space.

I hit the 4 and 5 of all the irons I’ve had well, but there are days where I just don’t swing well enough to get the height needed and I’m carrying them basically the same distance as the 6 iron or so just lower and more roll out.

Have I mentioned how thrilled I am to be on this journey with such a great group?
eff2791511f11c0350e2340537240fb1.jpg

ce6a822d5fffe3f4006b3b891fc7edae.jpg

Grandaddy day today on the course!! Thinking of all you who have experienced golf nirvana and those that will this year!!

Grandaddy day today on the course!! Thinking of all you who have experienced golf nirvana and those that will this year!!

Love it dude!!! That G never gets old.

Man those polos are KILLER!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I have to say, it was awesome playing this last weekend with @mclovin and being “grandaddy adjacent” for an afternoon. The energy was awesome and the conversation seems to always in some way get back to the tremendous experience some of you are in for. After meeting Chris, there is no doubt that he is captain material.

And, incidentally, he’s also a heck of a golfer.

I have to say, it was awesome playing this last weekend with @mclovin and being “grandaddy adjacent” for an afternoon. The energy was awesome and the conversation seems to always in some way get back to the tremendous experience some of you are in for. After meeting Chris, there is no doubt that he is captain material.

And, incidentally, he’s also a heck of a golfer.
I nearly had a chance to play with a few years ago in Orlando, but couldn't make it work. One of these days...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I'm one of the interlopers who the CA crew generously welcomed into the Gathering this weekend in Lake Tahoe. Quite a few of the players are Grandaddy alumni. Look forward to hearing a few stories over blueberry vodka lemonades.

I'm one of the interlopers who the CA crew generously welcomed into the Gathering this weekend in Lake Tahoe. Quite a few of the players are Grandaddy alumni. Look forward to hearing a few stories over blueberry vodka lemonades.

1) don’t be afraid to ask. one thing i’ve come to realize is that people who have been absolutely love to talk about it.

2) DO believe everything they tell you, no matter how preposterous it sounds. it is every bit as awesome they say!

My man! Looking good brother.

I relive my experience all the time. I still tell random people about it...

Any past participants know if the demo shafts have multiple grip sizes options during the fitting? Or just all standard then choose later?

Love how much the current team is engaging the forum. You all have really taken into promoting good convos and showing us what makes you tick. Really well done.

Love how much the current team is engaging the forum. You all have really taken into promoting good convos and showing us what makes you tick. Really well done.

i’ve had so much fun getting to know these guys. each of the to-be-selected team members are going to have a blast being a part of this great group.

Any past participants know if the demo shafts have multiple grip sizes options during the fitting? Or just all standard then choose later?

I don't believe so, think it was all standard, but also never asked and just grabbed whatever club was handed to me and then hit some balls. Know your grip of choice before heading out there too, as they will ask you for it at the end of your fitting. Maybe have an option 1 and 2 incase #1 isn't available, but if it's a common grip, more than likely it should be in stock there.

One size mostly likely but I honestly didn't check. I think you'll see the stock grip offering on 99% of demo shafts at ECPC.

Back