2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

for all the smooching at the nest, i presume. or did you misspell valtrex?

you're going to need something stronger than valtrex for the nest...

current grandaddy team: do you guys have a shopping list yet?

past grandaddy teams: anything you wish you had bought before making the trip?

grandaddy team hopefuls: what would be on your shopping list if you got that coveted pm?

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear
vineyard vines long sleeve shirts
brooks brothers milano fit chinos
smathers & branson needlepoint belt

yep, i'm a douche. feel free to mock me.

I have always been an over packer and honestly can't think of anything I regret not packing, but I did think of every scenario possible and tried to have something just in case. Previous lvie threads gave me an idea of itineraries and was a good starting point, but I tried to think of worse case situations too. Thought of if my phone died (battery charger), head hurt (tons of ibuprofen), weather on the course (rain jacket, rain gloves, extra socks, golf pants), blisters (tape, Band-Aids and ointment) and if I just got thirsty and needed electrolytes at the hotel (brought Gatorade powder in my suitcase, still surprised TSA didn't confiscate it).

If I was on the fence, I just brought it and made sure i had a big enough suitcase with room to bring extra stuff home. I ended up packing too many clothes when it was all said and done, but I was fine with it.

I have always been an over packer and honestly can't think of anything I regret not packing, but I did think of every scenario possible and tried to have something just in case. Previous lvie threads gave me an idea of itineraries and was a good starting point, but I tried to think of worse case situations too. Thought of if my phone died (battery charger), head hurt (tons of ibuprofen), weather on the course (rain jacket, rain gloves, extra socks, golf pants), blisters (tape, Band-Aids and ointment) and if I just got thirsty and needed electrolytes at the hotel (brought Gatorade powder in my suitcase, still surprised TSA didn't confiscate it).

If I was on the fence, I just brought it and made sure i had a big enough suitcase with room to bring extra stuff home. I ended up packing too many clothes when it was all said and done, but I was fine with it.

did we just become best friends?

I know it’s weird but I’ve been on a kick to get a really cool belt for the trip. I think I want a real alligator skin belt.

I also love the Nexbelts so I’ve been considering a new one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I packed way too much stuff. Didn't use half the stuff I packed lol. I honestly could have got buy with a carry on lmao.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I packed way too much stuff. Didn't use half the stuff I packed lol. I honestly could have got buy with a carry on lmao.

Would you have been able to get all your stuff HOME in a carry on?

I know it’s weird but I’ve been on a kick to get a really cool belt for the trip. I think I want a real alligator skin belt.

i have a couple crocodile belts from zelli. sometimes they run a deal where you get a belt at reduced price when you buy a pair of their shoes. that said, their shoes didn't hold up as well as they should have for the cost. and their belts aren't wide enough for golf imho.

i just bumped the needlepoint belt thread if that's your speed. smathers and branson make some really sharp ones. i have the one that is a 360 panorama of the old course at st andrews, and i love it!

How about instead of belts, team THP this year goes suspenders....

grandaddy team hopefuls: what would be on your shopping list if you got that coveted pm?

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear

I think you’re forgetting the sweater you can tie around your neck

Hard question as a hopeful to answer haha. I guess I would probably buy some new pants (I’ve got plenty of shorts). Possibly new pair of shoes (golf and leisure wise as all I have really are tennis shoes and legit suit/dress shoes). Maybe a few new button ups for the evening wear as my current selection doesn’t fit quite right any more.

I have most of what else I would bring. Portable charger is a biggie.

There you go. That's on my shopping list for sure. I will probably pick up a couple portable chargers. Forgot about that.

Focus more on bringing your phone charging cord and a portable battery. These carts do have USB chargers built-in to them

That's actually a good point. Probably not lol

With a vest and necktie?

Nah just a short sleeved button up with suspenders... almost throwback, but still functional and stylish haha

Maybe we should do Payne Stewart style

I don't think there was anything I missed that I wished I had brought. Chapstick is a great one. I was glad I brought my rain gloves along for sure. At the time I traveled enough for work that it was all pretty natural to me to over pack. Just make sure you leave plenty of room for the swag and gift shop goodies.

A gator belt is definitely a power move, that's a good call right there. I'd go with a glazed brown for that classic, goes with anything look.

You'd be hard pressed to fit the swag into a carry-on IMO. Especially considering you're (most likely?) going to get another backpack while there.

Likely start off upgrading my phone.
Find something unique for gifts, bullet pencils of some sort perhaps?
I'd start looking at pants and some of the other items to match up scripting.
I'd be happy just to bring myself and shop at the Hideaway.

Frankly, I'm worried about @McLovin and his shopping list...

:D

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear

I can't think of anything I was lacking down there. You really don't end up in as many pics as you think you will, just because you've always got some pre-release gear in hand and everyone is afraid to snap photos. Just be prepared for anything weather-wise.

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear

Jerky, lots and lots of Jerky from Dublin General Store.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear

Live look at check in.

giphy.gif

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear

Live look at McLovin getting picked up at the airport

afbe223c7ecd02f6093eededf4a21624.jpg

Back