2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

So, I'm sitting here just counting my blessings These guys that I'm lucky enough to call my teammates have been nothing short of phenomenal. I just wanted to mention that there isn't anybody I'd rather share this experience with than these dudes.

THP is a special place. And the Grandaddy is a special event. It's honestly the little things that really drive it home. If I'm having an off day, I can count on my grandaddy brothers to get me smiling and right the ship.

We're all in this together. From the event and then some.

I just wanted to briefly mention that I appreciate all of the threads that let us get to know you guys and your team. I don’t post in all of them, but I do read them and appreciate the effort you all are showing to take all of us with you on this journey.

oumagic;n8878953 said:
I just wanted to briefly mention that I appreciate all of the threads that let us get to know you guys and your team. I don’t post in all of them, but I do read them and appreciate the effort you all are showing to take all of us with you on this journey.

Thanks brother. Feedback, good or bad, will help us make this event a success. I think it's safe to say that it's important to all of us that the forum feels as close to us as possible through this process

If nothing else, being picked for the grandaddy has lit a fire under me to get out there as much as possible. Second round in a row for me under 90. When I got back I think there was like over 150 posts in our team group text. Things are coming together nicely.

Finally got a lesson scheduled in a couple of weeks. I've worked with this pro before, a couple of years ago, and he's a great teacher. I'm guessing that by the time it's all said and done, I'll probably get 3-4 lessons in with him before the event. I'd like to spend a couple of them just working on swing techniques and the others just on my short game. Looking forward to really getting this thing going.

JourdanInMich;n8879090 said:
Prepare to have your faces melted by GIPHY keyboards come December, THP. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love that app..... trying to use it more often haha

Played 18 with a buddy of mine and because we don’t get to hang out often, we got to catch up a lot during the round. That lead to a very relaxed round, fun banter, and lots of laughs. This got me thinking that this might be the type of rounds I’ll have in December.

Which is good because that turned into a really low round of +2 74. Never concentrated on the score much, just took it shot by shot.

zbeekner4;n8879643 said:
Played 18 with a buddy of mine and because we don’t get to hang out often, we got to catch up a lot during the round. That lead to a very relaxed round, fun banter, and lots of laughs. This got me thinking that this might be the type of rounds I’ll have in December.

Which is good because that turned into a really low round of +2 74. Never concentrated on the score much, just took it shot by shot.

It really is - obviously there are tense moments in close matches/holes, but it's also looser than I think a lot of folks would think. And that's one of my favorite things about the event.

I played with 2 other THPers today (they aren't active) but had a good time and was fun talking about the upcoming trip.

Snickerdog;n8879951 said:
I played with 2 other THPers today (they aren't active) but had a good time and was fun talking about the upcoming trip.

Tell them to get active! lol

sitting back taking stock of this team, the captain and all that has happened so far I am really blessed to be able to take this journey. Three more guys/girls to go before we have a complete team and I can't wait to see how this finalizes the last few spots.

Monday contest time??!!??

mikeg_74;n8879960 said:
Tell them to get active! lol

sitting back taking stock of this team, the captain and all that has happened so far I am really blessed to be able to take this journey. Three more guys/girls to go before we have a complete team and I can't wait to see how this finalizes the last few spots.

Monday contest time??!!??

We are incredibly lucky to have you dude.

And yes - we need to round this team out!!

If you guys need another teammate, I have a friend willing to go. If for some reason he can’t make it, I am willing to take his place. You know, for the team..

oumagic;n8880056 said:
If you guys need another teammate, I have a friend willing to go. If for some reason he can’t make it, I am willing to take his place. You know, for the team..

That's awesome that we have such giving people here on THP. Of course, throw on some orange & black, yell Go Pokes, and I'll see what I can do. :)

tomcat;n8880146 said:
That's awesome that we have such giving people here on THP. Of course, throw on some orange & black, yell Go Pokes, and I'll see what I can do. :)

Now now, we want a team with winning attitudes on it not the Rickie Fowler special

tomcat;n8880146 said:

My friend and I are both known for helping people out, but our charity only goes so far.

oumagic;n8880230 said:
My friend and I are both known for helping people out, but our charity only goes so far.

Understood. It was worth a shot. :)

As we get closer every day it is nice sitting back and thinking of what might be in store for us. Callaway has some new clubs out, new balls in the triple track.
Will be great touring the facilities and seeing the inner workings of Callaway.

New wedges as well, I believe!

The anticipation of another contest is starting to loom in my mind, just a few spots left for Team THP '19!!

BlueHen2006;n8881022 said:
The anticipation of another contest is starting to loom in my mind, just a few spots left for Team THP '19!!

Might be time for another one. I will be honest, glad I am on this awesome team already and am looking from the other side.

Snickerdog;n8881026 said:
Might be time for another one. I will be honest, glad I am on this awesome team already and am looking from the other side.

One of my favorite parts after being selected was seeing how everyone else that got chosen reacted. It always was really special and cool to witness in previous years, but just hits a little different now of course!

BlueHen2006;n8881609 said:
One of my favorite parts after being selected was seeing how everyone else that got chosen reacted. It always was really special and cool to witness in previous years, but just hits a little different now of course!

It was such a rush it is hard to describe. It is very overwhelming feeling. When 2BFAST called me I was really in shock.
Can't wait to get to Cali and enjoy this experience.

Snickerdog;n8881617 said:
It was such a rush it is hard to describe. It is very overwhelming feeling. When 2BFAST called me I was really in shock.
Can't wait to get to Cali and enjoy this experience.

Something you won't soon forget, that's for sure. Especially for someone like yourself that loves golf!

Back